Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Machine+ vs. Machine mk3 vs. Akai MPC One

Comments

• edited July 2021

Dham, do you need a PHD to work with MPC/Beats software.. simple things like dropping a midi baseline into a track is… jesus

• I just got the M+ mostly inspired by @echoopera and so far I am pleased

• @animalelder said:
    I just got the M+ mostly inspired by @echoopera and so far I am pleased

Awesome! Congrats and welcome to the club and enjoy this beautiful piece of gear!!

• edited July 2021

I have M+ and love I love it very much.
    Although it’s not as powerful as BeatMaker 3, the workflow is so cool, I don’t use the iPad or the Mac anymore for music production.
    I mainly drop the iPad because the M+ didn’t integrate very well the iPad workflow. And using desktop isn’t fun and creative for me.
    Hope NI will make their M+ audiounit auv3 compliant.

• Has anyone yet considered a DIY project to extend an MK3 controller with an Audio/MIDI interface and a Mac Mini M1 all in one box?

• Thanks @echoopera it has been fun so far

@rs2000 said:
    Has anyone yet considered a DIY project to extend an MK3 controller with an Audio/MIDI interface and a Mac Mini M1 all in one box?

That is a great idea. I would love to see someone attempt it.

• Well this is cool...

(Applies to MPC Live, support for class compliant audio interfaces etc. etc.).

Wonder if the 2.10 firmware is out for MPC One as well?

• Oooh. Looks like a nice update.

• Proper link is better than the video, enjoy...
    https://www.akaipro.com/mpc210

• @Samu said:
    Well this is cool...

Yes it applies to the one

• @hansjbs said:

@Samu said:
    Well this is cool...

Yeah, I've noticed...
    ...makes it quite a tempting piece of kit :)
    (Would be neat if Akai dropped the software for iPadOS as well considering the current state of iMPC PR#!&%#&!2).

It would be even cooler if it could act as an Audio Interface for the iPad, say hello to digital sampling :sunglasses:

• Interesting this doesn't apply to the force.
    And yes @samu, i'd go back to impc pro if they did some updates to it.

• edited July 2021

This is all in beta for
    the Force along with some additional goodies.

• I’ve been testing it out with my iConnect Audio 4+! Been able to stream 6 individual tracks straight into the iPad from the MPC One! It’s crazy!

• @thatguysmitty said:
    I’ve been testing it out with my iConnect Audio 4+! Been able to stream 6 individual tracks straight into the iPad from the MPC One! It’s crazy!

You can go up to 9 stereo channels right ?

• edited July 2021

Akai Gathered the latest videos into a Playlist here:

• Yeah, super cool…even recognizes my ES-9. Also don’t forget to “install” the new instruments. It’s a separate download and you only need to copy the files to an SD card.

• edited July 2021

@jazzmess said:

@thatguysmitty said:
    I’ve been testing it out with my iConnect Audio 4+! Been able to stream 6 individual tracks straight into the iPad from the MPC One! It’s crazy!

You can go up to 9 stereo channels right ?

Correct!

• This mpc update is crazy!!!!!
    Danm NI, your move!

• edited July 2021

That's good to hear that MPC One is working fine with IOS over USB audio.

Maschine Plus also had an update which was announced July 1... bottom of the post says more updates are coming this year:

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/maschine-2-14-and-maschine-1-3-updates.457469/

• @Bietfriek said:
    Yeah, super cool…even recognizes my ES-9. Also don’t forget to “install” the new instruments. It’s a separate download and you only need to copy the files to an SD card.

Nice, that's the first thing I thought of.

• @Samu said:

@hansjbs said:

@Samu said:
    Well this is cool...

(Would be neat if Akai dropped the software for iPadOS as well considering the current state of iMPC PR#!&%#&!2).

It would be even cooler if it could act as an Audio Interface for the iPad, say hello to digital sampling :sunglasses:

That would be amazing honestly

• @auxmux said:

@Bietfriek said:
    Yeah, super cool…even recognizes my ES-9. Also don’t forget to “install” the new instruments. It’s a separate download and you only need to copy the files to an SD card.

Nice, that's the first thing I thought of.

Yup, it works…next thing I think of is assignable CV/Gate plug-ins. The only thing I discovered is that the headphone out doesn’t seem to function when another audiocard is plugged in.

• So far so fun...loving the new synths and effects:

• edited July 2021

So far so fun...loving the new synths and effects. Here's a quick little loop:

• Gotta admit the audio interface part is pretty awesome. Would be great if more companies adopted this.
    Someone please try and convince me to give a live/one another shot. What am I not getting?
    (I am an old school mpc head btw)

• edited July 2021

Mpc doesn't act as a usb interface for iOS devices if you connect both via USB, unfortunately .
    Maybe at some point it will work like the Roland grooveboxes do
    Great update :)

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    Gotta admit the audio interface part is pretty awesome. Would be great if more companies adopted this.
    Someone please try and convince me to give a live/one another shot. What am I not getting?
    (I am an old school mpc head btw)

I’m also an old MPC user as I owned a 2000XL, 1000 and at the end an MPC60. Did nothing with music for a couple of years but a few months ago bought myself an MPC One. The learning curve/combinations is a bit steeper but boy I’m happy with the One, especially after the 2.10 update. Even without a computer the MPC functions as it should. Give it some time to get used to it and you got yourself a nice piece of kit.

• Still no master, sub, and return automations after all this time.

• @Samu said:

that would conflict with mpc hardware sales, so I don't think it will ever happen

@Millions said:
    Still no master, sub, and return automations after all this time.

SInce Akai keeps updating the software ,I won't be surprised if it comes at some point later