Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Machine+ vs. Machine mk3 vs. Akai MPC One

Comments

• @dendy said:

@hansjbs said:
    I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+😩😩😩

Ok, and now stop and run to nearest store. Resistance is futile. :trollface:

Fortunately for me where I am in Florida there are no close music store and COVID is giving me a reason not to go to the store. :D So I tell myself

• edited October 2020

I’m surprised some stores still have it in stock. 👀👀👀👀

• edited October 2020

@WillieNegus said:
    ...> @echoopera said:

Looks like the ONE lost its place on the shelf for now. Really loving the M+ so far. Lots to learn.

Can’t wait to get it sequencing my favorite iPad synths. Should be a fun week learning the ins and outs of the Maschine way.

Nice!...have you an interface that will allow you enough midi outs to control your other gear or haven’t you tried yet? If you need any help holla.

Yeah. I’ve got a 4 way Midi Splitter and will mostly be using these via USB.

@thatguysmitty oh awesome. I was on the fence about getting the MK3 but decided to bite the bullet and get the M+. Hoping to get to grips with workflow this week. Nice setup you have by the way. Really clean and accessible.

@Korakios i don’t think I’d go for the Force. I wasn’t a big fan of the UI or the overall industrial design of the device. I hear good things about it but it didn’t do it for me ‘feel’ wise.

• edited October 2020

@WillieNegus said:
    Think of the children and that new house! @hansjbs Hang in there.😬🤣

Nice. Can you tell us which 4 way midi splitter you have @echoopera

I had a force @Korakios so much promise but akai really shit the bed on delivering the arrange mode and other updates. It feels EOL to be honest but I haven’t really kept up since I sold it. The stores in my area don’t even stock them anymore.🥶

😂😂😂
    I turned 40 in June and I did not get myself anything. That’s my excuse for when I get it

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2020

@WillieNegus said:

>
    Sure thing. Using this one when i need to go Midi only:

1 host In to 4 receiving Out. They offer larger ones as well.

• edited October 2020

@ehehehe said:
    Would be cool if it had a proper interface for the synths. Doesn’t really look like they have finished the software. I’ll wait for the next one.

All that matters is the sound. It’s going to be great for sequencing other gear as well. Main reason i got the ONE. Bonus of the M+ is the quality of the onboard sounds to accompany the external gear.

It’s about time we have access to a GrooveBox like this. The future looks bright in this domain. NI fired a major shot across the bows of Akai and Roland IMHO. “Hey you fools, do it like this okay!!!”

In the end, We, the crafts people and artisans will benefit...though our wallets might be thinner our spirits will be richer for the love we spread to the world. 🙏🏼💕 and honestly you cannot put a price on this type of Joy 👊🏼™️

• edited October 2020

@echoopera
    In the end, We, the crafts people and artisans will benefit...though our wallets might be thinner our spirits will be richer for the love we spread to the world. 🙏🏼💕 and honestly you cannot put a price on this type of Joy 👊🏼™️

I REALLY like your approach and optimistic way of thinking ... And your (great) music is good example of when one stops just complain about missing features and unfinished apps and starts to create something beautiful, no matter of so called "workarounds" (which are actually fuel of creativity for creative people like you) ! Wish more people like you here at ABF.

• My M+ arrived exactly Oct 1st. If you wanna know stuff please ask :)

Tested so far: OPZ is seen as an Audio / Midi Interface so you can sample it in sync with Maschine.

Sampling iPad with Ableton Link enabled is easy peasy.

The line in inputs, are low volume like on the MK3, but If you normalize, they don’t have noise. So I guess it’s something related to headroom.

I already popped the lid to see the CPU and Here are some pics. It’s an off the shelf component which is freaking small and it’s about 250EUR

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/maschine-internals.428627/

• @WillieNegus said:

@hansjbs said:
    I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+😩😩😩

Haha. You don’t. Seriously. But, you’ll love it whenever you decide you do. It’s not without flaws, I’ve had one freeze and a few random reboots in the last 72 hours. Support is on it and also very transparent about upcoming fixes and updates.

NI is definitely cooking tho 🔥

Mine froze 3 times so far. What is support saying about upcoming stuff? Curious.
    I’ll post a few suggestions about file management, and the on screen keyboard. The seem unfinished.

But otherwise, it’s pretty solid.

• @alecsbuga said:
    My M+ arrived exactly Oct 1st. If you wanna know stuff please ask :)

Tested so far: OPZ is seen as an Audio / Midi Interface so you can sample it in sync with Maschine.

The line in inputs, are low volume like on the MK3, but If you normalize, they don’t have noise. So I guess it’s something related to headroom.

I already popped the lid to see the CPU and Here are some pics. It’s an off the shelf component which is freaking small and it’s about 250EUR

I poked around the web and found no 32G eMMC model with 4G ram, all of them where 8G.
    Maybe NI ordered a custom built, unfortunately can't see the part number on the pics to see which Atom cpu they chose . Although they should go with pentium N4200 or J variant (faster than first gen SurfaceGo) and lower TDP

• I didn’t peeled off the radiator because It had cooling paste. I didn’t want it to fry eggs :D

• @Korakios said:

@alecsbuga said:

I poked around the web and found no 32G eMMC model with 4G ram, all of them where 8G.
    Maybe NI ordered a custom built, unfortunately can't see the part number on the pics to see which Atom cpu they chose . Although they should go with pentium N4200 or J variant (faster than first gen SurfaceGo) and lower TDP

https://eu.mouser.com/Search/Refine?Keyword=congatec+conga-QA5+32

• edited October 2020

@alecsbuga said:

@Korakios said:

@alecsbuga said:

https://eu.mouser.com/Search/Refine?Keyword=congatec+conga-QA5+32

They are all 8G ram , but it doesn't matter much since M+ is powerful enough :)
    Looking for a used Mikro 3 to check sounds and workflow.
    If I like it ,M+ would be much better ,so I'll grub a second hand M+ later and sell my Mpc One

• Hi @Korakios : what has persuaded you to go all in on Maschine over your Akai One? Trying to make my own mind up currently with path to go down for optimum away from the computer noodling/recording (but never performing)

• I have the MPC One on sale too. I loved it. It’s quite small-ish compared to M+, but if I want to go the MPC workflow, MPC1000 with JJOS does everything I want already. I just wanted the One because it’s more modern and had built in synths. But now the king is here :D

• @Svetlovska said:
    Hi @Korakios : what has persuaded you to go all in on Maschine over your Akai One? Trying to make my own mind up currently with path to go down for optimum away from the computer noodling/recording (but never performing)

I haven't even tried Mikro yet ,so I haven't decided !

My real issue with MpcOne is that I can't do sampling in sync straight to a clip .
    You have to go to looper ,then assign, then record a pattern so it triggers ...it would be easier to record to clip or at least the looper could split overdubs to separate clips/pads.

Also I knew they added warp sync but I didn't know that samples cannot sync on the fly by using the classic pitch up/down function
    I was aware of other limitations ,but I was wrong on those, plus few bugs on 2.8.1 makes me think that M+ might be better option.
    M+ also has the ability to do polyphonic legato using the audio module which is killer feature for me .
    If it supports changing the speed of the sample and do polyphonic legato at the same time (aka roland vp9000 ,vsynths series) I may buy it now!

• @echoopera said:

@WillieNegus said:

>
    Sure thing. Using this one when i need to go Midi only:

👊

• @dendy said:

@echoopera

I REALLY like your approach and optimistic way of thinking ... And your (great) music is good example of when one stops just complain about missing features and unfinished apps and starts to create something beautiful, no matter of so called "workarounds" (which are actually fuel of creativity for creative people like you) ! Wish more people like you here at ABF.

Thank you sir 🙏🏼💕

I just want to be creative and release the music that is in me, and if i can find and use a tool which helps to do that, i will pour myself in to it.

• @WillieNegus said:

@alecsbuga said:

What is support saying about upcoming stuff? Curious.

Those that’d tell, don’t know.
    Those that know, won’t tell.

😂. Nah seriously I really can’t say much but what Kai has already announced...that more plugins are coming. I will add that it seems like the updates for M+ will be pushed out much quicker than Maschine and KK. I think it’s gonna piss non M+ users off personally but I guess it’s to be expected as they have a lot riding on this new unit.

Shit, as is...the sounds this baby is capable of clearly laps the field so knowing that more synths and effect plugins soon come is 🔥. I don’t even see how any comp is within a decade of being able to compete in the sound area. NI been at that too long.

What a time to be a Maschine head.

NI may or may not be cooking up official dedicated hw/sw M+ peripherals too but you ain’t heard that from me.😬

👀👀👀👀

• edited October 2020

Alright. This is going to be perfect i think. Great Kits on the M+ with awesome synths on the iPad. Perfect union.

Time to master sampling on the M+ 😬

• Is Maschine+ recognized as an audio interface by iPad?

• I’d love to see them add an autosampling option though...

• Here's a little sequence I managed to put together which is a blend of 2 iPad synths and 6 onboard instruments/loops:

• Copy + Paste from my post on Elektronauts site on the same subject:

FWIW, I have the MPC One, and just got the Maschine+ so I’ll offer some of my initial thoughts coming from my use of both.

MPC One:
    . Nice for sequencing external synths (either hardware or on iPad)
    . Song Mode makes sense
    . AutoSampler feature is great for quickly creating KeyGroups from sampled synths- which you will need to do since the onboard synths sound so bad
    . Nice set of Effects
    . Love the Chord Progressions

Dislikes:
    . I cannot stand the Pads…they feel like I’m finger drumming on frozen ham cubes
    . Onboard synths are of poor sound quality. I just can’t find any use for any of the patches on the 3 included synths. They don’t work for me at all
    . Not very fond of the included Sound Packs - they aren’t my thing sonically or emotionally
    . Touch screen reminds me of an ATM as opposed to an iPad screen. The latency on it is maddening at times. I have so many misspelled Project names because key presses are never detected
    . Why is it so fat? Does it really need to be that thick?
    . Pads are a magnet for dust no matter how much I clean it
    . The headphone jack is a joke…always unplugging with the slightest tug
    . Q-Link UI is buggy as heck…works most of the time, but doesn’t when you really need it when deep into a project…they refuse to display when tapping the encoders…grrrrr…just turn it OFF! :stuck_out_tongue:
    . I really don’t like the Industrial Design. I feel like I’m climbing into a Hyundai Sonata from 2007 every time I use it

Machine+
    . Included Sound Packs are fantastic
    . Pads are perfect to play. They feel so good
    . Great to sequence external synths and gear and accompany it with onboard Instruments/Sounds
    . Just learning the workflow, but loving it so far
    . Looks great paired with my OT MKII and DigiTone and other Gear (aesthetics are important to me when playing…I have to like what I’m playing to play well)
    . While the MPC One feels like a Hyundai, the M+ feels like a modern Lexus or BMW…feels great to drive, and not too bad on the eyes

Dislikes:
    . Wish it had Progressions like the MPC One
    . Wish I knew the workflow better…but am willing to learn…so this will grow over the next several days and weeks
    . Will need to use and abuse more to see what I don’t like

So…if you were to ask me today, which to buy between an MPC and a Maschine+, I’d say get the Maschine+. I feel like this box is going in the right direction with the future in mind, while the MPC line is relying too much on their legacy of MPC gear to bring the original user base into a future that they’re familiar with. It’s a good strategy, but the Maschine+ feels more inline with the way I like to work when composing. If NI were to never update the M+ after today, I’d still be happy with it. The MPC One, not so much.

Hope all this makes sense.

Cheers!

• @echoopera The sequence sounds lovely and thanks for the insight. I’m buying the Maschine + as a present to myself in a few weeks :). I have used the Mikro and Maschine MK1 and MK2 in the past so I think I will pick up on the workflow quite well based off all the videos I watched. To confirm, can you use the Maschine + as a midi controller/sequencer for an iPad?

• @MichaelLawrence said:
    @echoopera The sequence sounds lovely and thanks for the insight. I’m buying the Maschine + as a present to myself in a few weeks :). I have used the Mikro and Maschine MK1 and MK2 in the past so I think I will pick up on the workflow quite well based off all the videos I watched. To confirm, can you use the Maschine + as a midi controller/sequencer for an iPad?

Congrats. I am using the M+ to sequence Continua and Aparillo on the iPad. I haven’t looked into customizing it yet to send CC# to the iPad yet but that will come in time.

• @echoopera said:

@MichaelLawrence said:
    @echoopera The sequence sounds lovely and thanks for the insight. I’m buying the Maschine + as a present to myself in a few weeks :). I have used the Mikro and Maschine MK1 and MK2 in the past so I think I will pick up on the workflow quite well based off all the videos I watched. To confirm, can you use the Maschine + as a midi controller/sequencer for an iPad?

Congrats. I am using the M+ to sequence Continua and Aparillo on the iPad. I haven’t looked into customizing it yet to send CC# to the iPad yet but that will come in time.

Awesome, thanks! I so excited to get mine. I will live vicariously through you in the meantime lol

• @echoopera said:
    Alright. This is going to be perfect i think. Great Kits on the M+ with awesome synths on the iPad. Perfect union.

Time to master sampling on the M+ 😬

Looks sweet!

• @echoopera I got both One and M+ too :) Although I use them standalone or with my TE stuff. But I don’t find all the presets on the MPC One’s synths that bad. Although they do sound a bit cheesy.

As for Maschine, in the Chords tab you have also progressions which sound nice. You can’t make your own though. They’re great with Arp.