Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: New Midi controller JV-1

Comments

• I think this looks really interesting with thumb joysticks. I built my own version of Liam Lacey’s Hackaday Turnado controller which also uses joysticks, it exceeded all my hopes and expectations.

I started on that project as I wanted to build one with encoders and kill switches, but I followed his instructions to the letter, including the joysticks, as I was very much learning as I went. The joysticks have ended up being the best part of it, really expressive so you can play Turnado (or similar) like an instrument. I love pulling it back and holding on then releasing at the right moment to kick the effects in.

Only problem I’ve found is my dodgy soldering needing frequent attention, if these guys can make a solid product then I reckon it could be a really good thing.