Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Changed reimbursement policy from Apple

Wake up in the morning, play with a new effect app which I bought yesterday. Unfortunately I feel it real buggy and not user friendly so I decided to ask a refund.
Generally, As I live in Europe, and there is a withdrawal right up to 14 days from the purchase, I clicked on cancel purchase and I received a reimbursement in 5-7 days.
Today I noticed that things was silently changed.
I clicked on a button with "withdrawal right" written on it and after this a received a mail which told me that my request will be analysed within 2 days.
I don’t know the outcome of the review, but I thought that as the withdrawal within 14 days is a right, they could not deny it at the end of the review process.
What do you think?
Did you also noticed this change?

Comments

• edited September 2020

nope... it's simply law in EU, so they really can't change anything about this... if you picked "right of withdrawal", after few days it will be refunded without questions like before ... they're just trying confuse users to push them to give up on requesting their rights... but law is law :-)

• @dendy yes it was the thing I wanted to point out.
    Why the introduced a review system if at the end they have to reimburse because of EU law?
    Why they didn’t leave the automatic response?

• just to make users confused, no other reason ;-) you'll get your money back for 100% ;-)

• Just bare in mind that the 30% apple tax gets charged from developers whether the sale is final or refunded so the real loser is the developer.

So if issues are minor it is always best to contact the maker of the app first to see if this can be resolved rather than straight away ask for the refund.

• @supadom are you sure? Because I have read otherwise.

https://m.slashdot.org/story/373931

“ Apple Does Not Keep the 30% Commission On a Refund [Update]
    from the questionable-policies dept.
    When a customer gets refunded for an app they purchased, Apple doesn't refund the 30% cut they took from the developer, says developer Simeon Saens of Two Lives Left. While [online] payment processors generally don't refund fees on refunded payments, "the App Store doesn't position itself as a payments processor the way Stripe does, so it sounds really weird that they would act like one," writes HN user chadlavi. Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney says in a tweet:
    This is a critical consideration in these 30% store fees. They come off the top, before funding any developer costs. As a result, Apple and Google make more profit from most developers' games than the developers themselves. That is terribly unfair and exploitative.
    "If the app store took a 3% chunk and never refunded it regardless of the ongoing status of the transaction, that would put them right in line with other payment processors," adds chadlavi. "It would also still net them billions of dollars, I think!"

UPDATE: In a follow-up tweet, Simeon says he "was mistaken in my original (now deleted) tweet." He adds: "Apple does not keep the 30% commission on a refund the refund happens as you'd expect. I don't know where I got the idea that it worked the way I thought it did."

Slashdot reader ravenscar did some digging in the Apple developer forums and found that "Apple has the right to keep its 30%... [but] rarely exercises this right and most developers see a 1 to 1 relationship on funds received vs funds refunded in these situations." They go on to say: "I can't find any cited examples of Apple keeping the commission."

• @supadom said:
    Just bare in mind that the 30% apple tax gets charged from developers whether the sale is final or refunded so the real loser is the developer.

WHAT? How crazy would that be?

• @Frank303 said:
    @supadom are you sure? Because I have read otherwise.

https://m.slashdot.org/story/373931

“ Apple Does Not Keep the 30% Commission On a Refund [Update]
    from the questionable-policies dept.
    When a customer gets refunded for an app they purchased, Apple doesn't refund the 30% cut they took from the developer, says developer Simeon Saens of Two Lives Left. While [online] payment processors generally don't refund fees on refunded payments, "the App Store doesn't position itself as a payments processor the way Stripe does, so it sounds really weird that they would act like one," writes HN user chadlavi. Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney says in a tweet:
    This is a critical consideration in these 30% store fees. They come off the top, before funding any developer costs. As a result, Apple and Google make more profit from most developers' games than the developers themselves. That is terribly unfair and exploitative.
    "If the app store took a 3% chunk and never refunded it regardless of the ongoing status of the transaction, that would put them right in line with other payment processors," adds chadlavi. "It would also still net them billions of dollars, I think!"

UPDATE: In a follow-up tweet, Simeon says he "was mistaken in my original (now deleted) tweet." He adds: "Apple does not keep the 30% commission on a refund the refund happens as you'd expect. I don't know where I got the idea that it worked the way I thought it did."

Slashdot reader ravenscar did some digging in the Apple developer forums and found that "Apple has the right to keep its 30%... [but] rarely exercises this right and most developers see a 1 to 1 relationship on funds received vs funds refunded in these situations." They go on to say: "I can't find any cited examples of Apple keeping the commission."

I'm glad to hear this it always sounded like bollocks that Apple would keep 30%, it's so patently unfair. Hooefully now people can get refunds without feeling guilty about it.

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

It does say however that they have the right to keep it. Good to hear they apparently don’t (for now).

Sadly, a side effect of the consumer protections in the EU is relatively higher prices for EU countries. Apple doesn’t eat any of the additional costs of doing business in Europe - they just spread it out to customers, whether they exercise the right or not. Still - better to have the protections there than not I suppose.

• @david_2017 said:

@supadom said:
    Just bare in mind that the 30% apple tax gets charged from developers whether the sale is final or refunded so the real loser is the developer.

WHAT? How crazy would that be?

I thought the situation was as @supadom stated too, I wonder if any developers on the forum could give any information as to the 30% being refunded or not.

• @knewspeak Haven't done any detailed accounting recently, but the last time I checked it appeared that Apple doesn't keep the 30% (thankfully).

• @TonalityApp said:
    @knewspeak Haven't done any detailed accounting recently, but the last time I checked it appeared that Apple doesn't keep the 30% (thankfully).

That’s good to hear, hope it remains that way too.

• This has been discussed and confirmed here by some developers. I am not speaking from personal experience. Over and out.