Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The queen of overdrive/distortion/fuzz apps.SELF-A -FUZZ demo (with overloud).

This app is simply fantastic.....when it works😉

Comments

• Can’t find it on the App Store... I always need good fuzzes

• Looks like it has been removed from the App Store.

As for having issues with using it, always open it BEFORE using it in AUM.

For those who still actually own it — a bit of advice from the developer:

• McDMcD
    edited September 2020

OK. Vote for your favorite FUZZ app. There are so many to choose from:

Fab Filter "Saturn" is my #1 with PSA 1000 a close 2nd.

• "Satuator" or Saturn?"

Can't find a Fab Saturator on the App Store...

• @flo26 said:
    This app is simply fantastic.....when it works😉

Too bad it stopped working.

• Whenever I open Self-A-Fuzz, for some reason I get a hunger for doughnuts...

Go figure.

So it was Saturn, right McD???

• @SNystrom said:

Yes. Saturn killed SELF-A-FUZZ and we must find @flo26 and take his laptop.
    Then we can all join his @flo26 family (or whatever his iTunes name is) and
    get access to the app again. Who's with me? Road trip to France? Maybe after
    Covid-19 in a couple years? He'll probably go underground.

• @SNystrom said:
    "Satuator" or Saturn?"

Can't find a Fab Saturator on the App Store...

I edited it to cover my tracks... not good to leave mistakes lying around.
    Saturn is the one with the rings astrology buffs. It's also a car made in Tennessee, I think.

• @McD said:

@SNystrom said:

Yes. Saturn killed SELF-A-FUZZ and we must find @flo26 and take his laptop.
    Then we can all join his @flo26 family (or whatever his iTunes name is) and
    get access to the app again. Who's with me? Road trip to France? Maybe after
    Covid-19 in a couple years? He'll probably go underground.

😉😉

• @flo26 said:
    😉😉

Is that emoji for "Nee-ner nee-ner nee-ner. I have it and YOU don't."? Pretty sure.

• @McD said:

@flo26 said:
    😉😉

Is that emoji for "Nee-ner nee-ner nee-ner. I have it and YOU don't."? Pretty sure.

Maybe😉.
    I have fabfilter saturn but it seems too complicated to me.
    I will try it one of these days.

• @flo26 said:

Just flip through the presets quickly. Then you'll find a few that interest you and you can earn to tweak them if you feel the need. Fab Filter Saturn has amp sim and stomp box features along with a lot of preset EQ's. It's a lot like PSA 1000 in range... it covers so much ground in a single instance. I'm curious to see if
    it has the mojo that excites you... I know that sometimes you give up and later re-visit an app. It has to hit you on the right day and with the right presets to grab you. When you're initial take on TH-U was "Meh"
    I didn't get it but once you started digging you found the gold in the Randall Lynchboxes and some of the Rig packages.

• @McD said:

@flo26 said:
    😉😉

I totally thought I had it too looking at it but either I accidentally deleted it or there’s another of his apps that look similar as I can’t finds it now :)

• @McD said:

@flo26 said:

Just flip through the presets quickly. Then you'll find a few that interest you and you can earn to tweak them if you feel the need. Fab Filter Saturn has amp sim and stomp box features along with a lot of preset EQ's. It's a lot like PSA 1000 in range... it covers so much ground in a single instance. I'm curious to see if
    it has the mojo that excites you... I know that sometimes you give up and later re-visit an app. It has to hit you on the right day and with the right presets to grab you. When you're initial take on TH-U was "Meh"
    I didn't get it but once you started digging you found the gold in the Randall Lynchboxes and some of the Rig packages.

I never use presets.That’s a rule.
    However,i agree on the fact that it has to hit with me very quickly😉.
    I don’t like complicated things.I’m not really really into tweaking.

• @Krupa said:
    I totally thought I had it too looking at it but either I accidentally deleted it or there’s another of his apps that look similar as I can’t finds it now :)

If you ever purchased it you can still get it from the iTunes store. I didn't and I can't. So... go look for
    the little Cloud download icon. It doesn't even show up when I run a search but it should if you bought it.
    They just freeze the final version for you to re-install.

• I did a lil Self-A-Fuzz sleuthing on the forum and discovered the app has disappeared before — only to return last year:

@ashshaoshDaa is the developer and still seem to be a forum member...

@Krupa: perhaps you had the reverb? Apparently it featured doughnuts as well.

• It appears that 3oomph, Deregulator, and Lalalab are gone as well.

Lapse in App Store fee renewals perhaps???

• @McD said:

@Krupa said:

If you ever purchased it you can still get it from the iTunes store. I didn't and I can't. So... go look for
    the little Cloud download icon. It doesn't even show up when I run a search but it should if you bought it.
    They just freeze the final version for you to re-install.

It could have been the reverb as @SNystrom suggests, lalalab is in my list...

• Was searching an old ipad and discovered I own Deregulator, too. It and Sef-A-Fuzz are in a folder entitled: "Savelii effects EARS!" These apps will definitely damage your hearing and equipment if you're not careful and read each manual before exploring.

Sadly, Deregulator suffers from a complete lack of doughnuts: 😔

• There was a bit of activity on @ashshaoshDaa‘s website as well around that time but the last one is from early September 2019. At least I learned to turn off automatic offloading of apps 🙄

• If you can’t get the doughnuts what would you get?. I’m feeling fuzzy.
    I didn’t know PSA 1000 could do fuzz.
    What about the Nembrini analog rack fuzz. Any good?. Seems very one-thing, psa 1000 more versatile?.
    Saturn worth it?. It is quite expensive but probably useful for many situations, heard is very cpu heavy...
    Self-a-fuzz could have done “blip, blip” and I would get it just for the name. Damn,

• The icon is rather interesting as well:

• @tahiche said:
    If you can’t get the doughnuts what would you get?. I’m feeling fuzzy.
    I didn’t know PSA 1000 could do fuzz.
    What about the Nembrini analog rack fuzz. Any good?. Seems very one-thing, psa 1000 more versatile?.
    Saturn worth it?. It is quite expensive but probably useful for many situations, heard is very cpu heavy...
    Self-a-fuzz could have done “blip, blip” and I would get it just for the name. Damn,

Come’on doughnuts!.

• Hey, did somebody say doughnuts?!?!?!

• Who got the Fuzz that sticks? Who? (Not really a fuzz fan but inquiring minds and all that).

• McDMcD
    edited September 2020

This thread also reminds me of the time that @flo26 used the "Amp One" app. It's still a great
    app AND it can run on IOS 7 and my iPad 1:

Save your pennies kids for an iPad 1. The cost of the "harmonica" cable and Guitar interface will kill you but the headphone jack will work in a pinch with some extra distortions.

So many great programmers with Eastern European names... SnVx can Fuzz shit up as an AUv3 FX app.

• Still have Amp ONE on a couple of my ancient alien iPads!

Good times!!!

• McDMcD
    edited September 2020

@SNystrom said:
    Still have Amp ONE on a couple of my ancient alien iPads!

Good times!!!

@flo25 can help tip you off on some great golden oldies, right? I had purchased Amp One "back in the dawn" of the AppStore. I re-loaded it to re-gift my iPad using one of those iRig devices for an extra $10. I was going to add an old guitar into the bundle but I was told NOT to do it for a teenager that would just sell it all for money to go to the mall. That's the second time I was told NOT to give my iPad away.

The first time was a drummer with severe spectrum disorder affects that I was helping
    showcase his drumming. He can't talk to anyone but he could really play the drums...
    it was a very cool recital. It's like watching Bo Radley break into a long solo... we went with the perennial "Ina Gadda Da Vida". But his counselor told me not to gift him the iPad. So, I didn't. I had it loaded with Impaktor, NanoStudio One, BeatMaker One and so on. I will eventually find someone worthy without gate keeper.