Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bram Bos Rozeta Suite Deep Dive Video Walkthrough Pt 1 (3 Free Copies to Give Away!)

Bram Bos Rozeta Suite Deep Dive Video Walkthrough Pt 1 (3 Free Copies to Give Away!)

The Rozeta Suite of no less than 10 midi plugins was one of the most game-changing releases ever for iOS music. In this video I talk a little about the history of these apps, how to set them up in a host like AUM, and do detailed walkthroughs/tutorials for Bassline, X0X, Arpeggio, Particles and Scaler. A lot of people have bought these apps but don’t know how to use them due to the fact that there was never a proper manual written describing the operation of all 10 apps. The other 5 apps will be (or ‘are’ - depending when you are reading this) covered in the Pt 2 video.

Details of how to win a free copy of the app are in the pinned comment at the top of the youtube comments section. Click below to view in youtube.

Comments

• Awesome, I'll have to check this out as I haven't really put Rozeta to use. Just FYI, the embedded video won't play and says you've required watching it on YouTube, which works.

• Yes, that's correct, I choose to disable embedding so that people watch them in youtube (that was discussed at length here previously, let's not kick up that discussion again, 😂). I think definitely this, and the part two vid, will be very useful for a lot of people who may have bought this when they weren't very midi literate and then never really got round to figuring it out due to lack of a manual! (that was certainly the case for me haha)

• Have commented. Already subscribed. Here's hoping I win.
    I've been debating whether to buy this suite, unsure whether it fits into my production workflow.

• Cheers man @dasgoods The thing I always think is, let the tools shape your workflow. The amazing thing about iOS is that you have all these cheap apps you can experiment with, and sometimes you find out that you didn't know you needn't something until you started playing with it, and then after a while your workflow has completely changed.

• A worthy addition Professor.

• Glad you agree Johnny! Yeah, I don't want to just stick to new apps. There are so many older ones that deserve this love. Ridiculous that an app from 2017 is considered old, when people fetishize things like Moog and Buchla, haha. Anyway, the vid is getting a lot of views and love so I will definitely continue down this path of exploring the old classics. 👍

• edited September 2020

For the Noobs- you need Rozeta. its one of the essentials. (until ATOM 2.0 comes)

• Haha. I can't wait for new atom, but it's hardly a replacement for Rozeta. It's an addition. It has nothing like Particles etc...

• _ki_ki
    edited September 2020

@Gavinski I‘m currenlty watching the video and noticed that you put the Rozeta AUs into the audio input slot - this isn‘t necessary, you also find these in the second menu (Audio units extensions) of the midi slots which makes the session view a lot more compact:

Another things is, that you can pull down the whole menu to reveal a search bar

type „Rozeta“ and all the plugins are shown without scrolling through the list :)

And if nevertheless used in an audio slot, you don‘t need to route the output of this slot to a group or the loudspeaker, as these AUs don‘t produce audio - you could clear the output of such track to an ‚empty‘ output to signal that there‘s nothing to hear.

These are more AUM tips than „Rozeta Plugin Suite“ tips, but IMHO help a lot when using these midi generators (and you could show and apply these tricks in part 2)

• @_ki said:
    @Gavinski I‘m currenlty watching the video and noticed that you put the Rozeta AUs into the audio input slot

I've never noticed that option before. I complained that Rozeta should be a MIDI FX but @brambos explained that changing it NOW would break the app for existing projects so he left it as coded.
    He wrote Rozeta before MIDI FX we're created by Apple. But it's cool to see that @j_liljedahl responded to the lost real estate with a nice workaround for Rozeta and the other MIDI generators that pre-date the MIDI FX feature.

@_ki's always on top of the most effective best practices. It's wise to look at all his comments to insure you
    don't miss some really good tips.

• @_ki said:
    @Gavinski I‘m currenlty watching the video and noticed that you put the Rozeta AUs into the audio input slot - this isn‘t necessary, you also find these in the second menu (Audio units extensions) of the midi slots which makes the session view a lot more compact:

Another things is, that you can pull down the whole menu to reveal a search bar

type „Rozeta“ and all the plugins are shown without scrolling through the list :)

And if nevertheless used in an audio slot, you don‘t need to route the output of this slot to a group or the loudspeaker, as these AUs don‘t produce audio - you could clear the output of such track to an ‚empty‘ output to signal that there‘s nothing to hear.

These are more AUM tips than „Rozeta Plugin Suite“ tips, but IMHO help a lot when using these midi generators (and you could show and apply these tricks in part 2)

Ah, damn, that's right, I completely forgot you can find them in the audio unit extension section of the midi slots. I'll mention that in the next vid.

The search function in AUM I know and use a lot. Pretty sure I used that at one point in the vid. Thanks for pointing it out though.

I'm very likely to highlight your 'add swing' mozaic script in the next video by the way as a workaround for the fact that - annoyingly in my opinion, although Bram doesn't seem to agree 😉 - not all the Rozeta apps have shuffle (Particles for example).

• @Gavinski said:
    Glad you agree Johnny! Yeah, I don't want to just stick to new apps. There are so many older ones that deserve this love. Ridiculous that an app from 2017 is considered old, when people fetishize things like Moog and Buchla, haha. Anyway, the vid is getting a lot of views and love so I will definitely continue down this path of exploring the old classics. 👍

Great video as always. I am digesting it slowly. It has a lot of information. On the subject of exploring old apps, does this means that finally, you are going to make the Polyphase video? Please say yes!!! LOL

• The lucky winners are:
    Piktor 201
    Mike butler 
    Carey Viton
    🎉🎉🎉🎉

• @Prog1967 said:

@Gavinski said:
    Glad you agree Johnny! Yeah, I don't want to just stick to new apps. There are so many older ones that deserve this love. Ridiculous that an app from 2017 is considered old, when people fetishize things like Moog and Buchla, haha. Anyway, the vid is getting a lot of views and love so I will definitely continue down this path of exploring the old classics. 👍

Great video as always. I am digesting it slowly. It has a lot of information. On the subject of exploring old apps, does this means that finally, you are going to make the Polyphase video? Please say yes!!! LOL

Lol, let's see, let's see. Don't hold your breath haha 😂

• You surely know how to make a kid sad :'(

• Did you get to my favorite Rozeta trick—Particles into Arpeggio?

• This video was incredibly helpful and inspiring. Looking forward to part two.

• Yes this is awesome Gav. I haven't touched Rozeta in a while. Just picked up MV08 and was watching your vid and figured I'd try some things out with X0X. Been having a little jam session for the last couple hours. I'll get around to finishing the vid shortly! Thanks, didn't know about a lot of the functions.

Also, I picked up an LPD8 the other day and am chaining scaler into Scalebud to play chords on the pad controller while running some arps and melodics with my mpk. So much fun!

• Need the next video now. :lol:

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Did you get to my favorite Rozeta trick—Particles into Arpeggio?

I remember you mentioning that before, don't think I've tried it, will have a go, cheers!

• @Schmotown @Lil_Stu07 cheers guys!
    @Prog1967 apologies, lol
    @cian haha, some time this week hopefully

• @Gavinski said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Did you get to my favorite Rozeta trick—Particles into Arpeggio?

I remember you mentioning that before, don't think I've tried it, will have a go, cheers!

Lfo driving particles, particles driving arpeggio. Works great. Endless generative melodies. The trick is to set particles gate length to the maximum.

• Lfo driving it? You mean ccing the speed, density etc? @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr good point about the gate length BTW

• @Gavinski said:
    Lfo driving it? You mean ccing the speed, density etc? @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr good point about the gate length BTW

Yes, lfo adds variety. The long gate is crucial for it to work.