Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MC-707 is now class compliant - what’s the best apps to pair with it?

As title, what apps would you recommend to pair up with the MC-707?

Comments

• Anybody verify yet how many MC-707 channels show in iPad? Or is it just stereo USB?

• Apparently the MC-101 can do multiple channels over USB. If true, can’t imagine 707 cannot.

Good gracious the 101 is really tempting me!0

• Multitrack is only on PC/Mac. Requires drivers.

• Thanks for the clarification. But BOO.

• edited September 2020

@GovernorSilver Sorry that I misread your question.

• @auxmux said:
    Multitrack is only on PC/Mac. Requires drivers

Is this based on you trying the 707 with iPad yourself? Just curious.

• @papertiger said:
    @GovernorSilver Sorry that I misread your question.

No worries!

• edited September 2020

@GovernorSilver said:

@auxmux said:

Based on the info released and seeing videos of the feature. 🙂 Also, Elektron implementation is same. No multitrack, just stereo in/out.

• edited September 2020

@auxmux said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@auxmux said:

Based on the info released and seeing videos of the feature. 🙂 Also, Elektron implementation is same. No multitrack, just stereo in/out.

I just saw the response on the main 707 thread. Stereo only at this time.

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Zenbeats

Why though? Doesn’t Zenbeats sample? Why both?

• You can pair it with whatever you like I would think?

• edited September 2020

@MrSmileZ said:
    You can pair it with whatever you like I would think?

This!

• Here is my live stream for the new Update for the MC-707, it pretty much covers all the main update feature, except for the new Scatter Effect options, I’ll do that that separately, and also the new Roland Cloud sound import, I make a few mistakes along the way which are corrected live.
    There was a lot to remember 🤣
    It is connected to the iPad the whole time.
    The only thing I forget to mention about the connection to SynthMaster One, which is being played by the MC-707 on Track 8 is that you have to set Track 8 to USB in the System Menu, then if you want to use other iPad Apps via Midi, just set the relative channels the same.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is my live stream for the new Update for the MC-707, it pretty much covers all the main update feature, except for the new Scatter Effect options, I’ll do that that separately, and also the new Roland Cloud sound import, I make a few mistakes along the way which are corrected live.
    There was a lot to remember 🤣
    It is connected to the iPad the whole time.
    The only thing I forget to mention about the connection to SynthMaster One, which is being played by the MC-707 on Track 8 is that you have to set Track 8 to USB in the System Menu, then if you want to use other iPad Apps via Midi, just set the relative channels the same.

Thanks, Doug, it looks like scatter can be used more subtly now, it’s a pity we can export tones yet from the MC’s, I hope to see that soon.

• @knewspeak The new Scatter features are much much better, you can easily select which effect goes where, lots of options too, my only issue is that the Arpeggiator does not respond to midi input, so you have to use the pads to fire the Arp

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @knewspeak The new Scatter features are much much better, you can easily select which effect goes where, lots of options too, my only issue is that the Arpeggiator does not respond to midi input, so you have to use the pads to fire the Arp

I haven’t tested via an external keyboard yet, I don’t think it’s possible, I do hope they change that along with possible sync options, do you understand anything about the phrase setting in the arp, it seems a little confusing.

• Thanx for the Video Doug!

@knewspeak The arp does NOT yet respond to midi...or at least on my end it doesn’t

I also find the arp a little loose or something? It’s easy to get an arpmessio

• Which synth apps are worth having these days? For sampling into the 707?

• I wonder if it could replace my roland rc-505 with live looping and overdub?

• There is no overdubbing on the 707, if you try and record over a loop the previous loop is immediately silenced. Also, you only get 60MB of sample time for recording loops too.