Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Experiment with Rhythm Bud for piano strumming

Big thanks to @Gavinski for his tutorial on this cool little plug-in! I’m finding, however, that Suggester is more useful to me than Chord Bud for the chord progression.

Comments

• Very nice!!!!

• Nice! I like the strings playing in the foreground too btw.

Don't forget also to take a look at Wim's 'Chordial' mozaic script if you haven't already. And the new Tonality update will have strumming features.

• I can only agree about Suggester. Can not get chordbud2 in my workflow unfortunately.

• @Charlesalbert @Intrepolicious I'm curious to hear what you prefer about Suggester

• @Gavinski said:
    @Charlesalbert @Intrepolicious I'm curious to hear what you prefer about Suggester

Well, the main thing for me, is that I can tap on a chord in the list to preview it before adding it to the timeline. In Chordbud, you have to add it to the timeline first, highlight it, and then tap “preview” to hear the chord.

The second thing, is there’s way more customization/alteration options for the chord you choose that I can see. You can change voicing, qualities, alternate bass notes, and change intervals for each note in any chord.

Of course I know ChordBud is still kinda new, and I’m sure it will only improve over time. I have all of the “Bud” apps, and he’s a great developer, but for now, to me, Suggester is king of chord apps.

• @Gavinski said:
    Nice! I like the strings playing in the foreground too btw.

Don't forget also to take a look at Wim's 'Chordial' mozaic script if you haven't already. And the new Tonality update will have strumming features.

Oh! Thanks... I still haven’t bitten the Mozaic bullet. I think it’s the programming thing that scares me.

• @onerez said:
    Very nice!!!!

Thank you 🙏

• @Intrepolicious said:

@Gavinski said:

Oh! Thanks... I still haven’t bitten the Mozaic bullet. I think it’s the programming thing that scares me.

Thanks for the info. Actually one thing I meant to show in my video but didn't get round to is that Cem's Scalebud app is a useful tool to use in your chain alongside chordbud 2 as a way of quickly previewing things.

About Mozaic, you don't need to program a thing, just download patches that other people did. I'll admit to not being crazy about the interface, but it's an incredibly useful tool.

• @Gavinski said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@Gavinski said:

Thanks for the info. Actually one thing I meant to show in my video but didn't get round to is that Cem's Scalebud app is a useful tool to use in your chain alongside chordbud 2 as a way of quickly previewing things.

About Mozaic, you don't need to program a thing, just download patches that other people did. I'll admit to not being crazy about the interface, but it's an incredibly useful tool.

I have Scalebud. I’ll have to give it a whirl with another project.

I’ll check out Mozaic eventually. I keep hearing good things about it.

And Tonality is another app I’ve had for a while, but ended up deleting it while doing some housekeeping to make some space on my 64GB IPP. Might have to re-install this one once it gets that update.

Thanks again for all the tips, and of course, your very helpful tutorial videos!

• @Gavinski for me is the audio preview when tapping the chords before putting in the timeline.
    Chordbud preview button is not quite simple to reach and you can listen only after put chords in the timeline.

• Yes Carlo, definitely that is something that could be added, I suppose maybe Cem feels adding that might make scalebud somewhat redundant. @Charlesalbert

• @Gavinski said:
    Yes Carlo, definitely that is something that could be added, I suppose maybe Cem feels adding that might make scalebud somewhat redundant. @Charlesalbert

Yup. I think it was a precise choice. Or at least I understand like this when I wrote about that when the app was yet in beta state.

• Yeah, this a tough one. I love apps that can do everything, but I also understand the benefits - and the economic necessity, perhaps, when it comes to midi apps which are very niche and don't make much money I suspect - of a modular approach.