Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI Strummer AUv3 Plugin by 4Pockets.com (Released)

edited September 2020 in General App Discussion

From the video Description:

This is a preview of the forthcoming release of MIDI Strummer. This app first featured in 4Pockets NuRack and it was always my intention to make it a fully featured standalone app of its own, this way I could expand on the feature set and make it something really special.

Comments

• Top dollar. Thanks @white for sharing

• Like the look of this. WIll be interesting to see how it compares with the Strumming functionality in the forthcoming Tonality release (which is pretty much perfect) but it looks like this fills a slightly different niche. Room for both probably :)

• i wonder if he will do one for bass?.. like Toontrack EZ Bass?

• So what’s the best guitar sound-font or au?

• is this app universal! don’t see it in the app store

• @eross said:
    is this app universal! don’t see it in the app store

Not released yet - only a preview vid at the moment.

• edited September 2020

@charalew said:
    Like the look of this. WIll be interesting to see how it compares with the Strumming functionality in the forthcoming Tonality release (which is pretty much perfect) but it looks like this fills a slightly different niche. Room for both probably :)

is there strumming already in tonality? or guitar stuff in tonality? does it have midi out?

• This actually looks really useful and interesting. I'm not sure we have anything that actually does this at the moment, and especially not as an AUv3 plugin. There are only a few apps (IMO) that even do the sound of a strummed guitar correctly, and some of those have not been continuously updated. But if it can offer MIDI patterns to other apps (or internal sounds) that resemble a guitar strum, you could do some interesting things with that.

• @charalew said:
    Room for both probably :)

And Echo Guitar

• @senhorlampada said:

@charalew said:
    Room for both probably :)

And Echo Guitar

I've got that and like it but have gone AU only these days. Tonality will do everything it did better and in AU format though I think

• @eross said:

@charalew said:
    Like the look of this. WIll be interesting to see how it compares with the Strumming functionality in the forthcoming Tonality release (which is pretty much perfect) but it looks like this fills a slightly different niche. Room for both probably :)

is there strumming already in tonality? or guitar stuff in tonality? does it have midi out?

The current Beta (I've been testing) and soon to be released version of Tonality has Customisable Chord Pads and a Virtual Strum Bar to strum them with. And it's a MIDI AU FX so you can use it in any AU Host and play any other AU instrument with it

• @SoundForMore will you allow for custom tunings?

• @BiancaNeve said:
    So what’s the best guitar sound-font or au?

Acoustic : IFretless guitar (with changed reverb settings, and not AU) as well as the Nylon Guitar in the BeatHawk Spanish Gypsy sound pack.

• @mjcouche said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    So what’s the best guitar sound-font or au?

Acoustic : IFretless guitar (with changed reverb settings, and not AU) as well as the Nylon Guitar in the BeatHawk Spanish Gypsy sound pack.

As a primarily guitar player, I felt like the iFretless stuff was the best iOS had to offer for guitar and bass. I think they're basically elaborate sample sets with different velocity, but it just sounds more convincing to me than Soundfonts or other attempts to do a "guitar" sound on iOS.

• This looks really cool and useful.

• The sound on American Acoustic for Sampletank really is awesome. And I recall some forum members using in their songs
    Just never bought it because I don't have the disk space for it :lol:

• I presume this kind of thing is only really for non-guitar players?
    Or for those times when you want a vaguely realistic guitar but your axe is unavailable?

• @SoundForMore momentarily thought you were the dev. Sorry!

• @TimRussell said:
    I presume this kind of thing is only really for non-guitar players?
    Or for those times when you want a vaguely realistic guitar but your axe is unavailable?

It could make a interesting arpeggiator for any sound font or midi it to a synth.

• This is cool. Is it basically a part of Nu Rack sold separately?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    This is cool. Is it basically a part of Nu Rack sold separately?

Yeah, but enhanced and embellished

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    This is cool. Is it basically a part of Nu Rack sold separately?

Yeah, but enhanced and embellished

Ok so some new and improved additions. Cool. Thanks.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @charalew said:

@eross said:

@charalew said:

The current Beta (I've been testing) and soon to be released version of Tonality has Customisable Chord Pads and a Virtual Strum Bar to strum them with. And it's a MIDI AU FX so you can use it in any AU Host and play any other AU instrument with it

Can't wait for this!

• @senhorlampada said:
    The sound on American Acoustic for Sampletank really is awesome. And I recall some forum members using in their songs
    Just never bought it because I don't have the disk space for it :lol:

While it does sound amazing, the lower end is “ruined” with the “string sounds” that makes it nearly unusable. Unless there is a way to turn this off.

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

Am I the only one that is bothered that the strings are arranged "upside down", with the lower strings at the top? I dunno why, but that really bugs me.

• I think I heard Paul say in the video that this App plays built-in sound fonts, or can import your own sound fonts.

I'd like to also be able to use it to play the instruments I make using the auto-sample feature in Chameleon.

Are Chameleon instruments actually the same as sound fonts?

If not.....

Please Paul, add capability for your new Strummer App to internally load Chameleon instruments too. :)

• @horsetrainer said:
    I think I heard Paul say in the video that this App plays built-in sound fonts, or can import your own sound fonts.

I'd like to also be able to use it to play the instruments I make using the auto-sample feature in Chameleon.

Are Chameleon instruments actually the same as sound fonts?

If not.....

Please Paul, add capability for your new Strummer App to internally load Chameleon instruments too. :)

It has midi out, so there's no restriction on what you can play with it.

• Nice.. with all the great chord sequencers out recently, can this do midi input?

Will love to see a Brass Version of this.. iBassist seems to have the Bass end covered, and has a decent chord seq, also..