Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recommend good movies and books.

Hi,
I'm looking for healthy conversation.
Recommend good movies and books.
I mainly looking for German, Turkish, Iranian, Spanish movies/series.
And I recommend "Labyrinth of lies" a German movie.

Comments

• Aguirre the Wrath of God. Berlin Alexanderplatz. Fitzcarraldo. The entire Heimat series by Edgar Reitz. Land of Mine.

• A scanner darkly - Phillip k dick
    Hitchhikers guide to galaxy - Douglas Adams
    A People’s History of the United States of America - Howard Zinn
    Blood Meridian - Cormac McCarthy
    Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk

Actually most of the books from all of the authors I just listed are top notch... so check out there other stuff too...

• I liked Berlin Babylon. As for authors, I’m a fan of Terezia Mora.

• epic sci-fi, for me same league as Dune or Foundation. More like Foundation, true hardcore sci-fi with basically all possible elements of genre fused together in perfectly working saga, lot of interesting characters, lot of interesting plot lines ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperion_Cantos

• @dendy said:
    epic sci-fi, for me same league as Dune or Foundation. More like Foundation, true hardcore sci-fi with basically all possible elements of genre fused together in perfectly working saga, lot of interesting characters, lot of interesting plot lines ..

+1 on Simmons. I also really liked Ilium, his reworking of Homer.

• a Spanish movie that came out last year

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt8228288/

• @sippy_cup said:
    Aguirre the Wrath of God. Berlin Alexanderplatz. Fitzcarraldo. The entire Heimat series by Edgar Reitz. Land of Mine.

Aguirre: The Wrath of God is my favorite movie of all time.

• @JeffChasteen then let’s mention the documentary between los dos locos 🙃

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Best_Fiend

• Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke. (She has a new book just out too).

"Sophisticated, witty, and ingeniously convincing, Susanna Clarke's magisterial novel weaves magic into a flawlessly detailed vision of historical England. She has created a world so thoroughly enchanting that eight hundred pages leave readers longing for more."

• Vita Nostra by Marina and Sergey Dyachenko - "dark Harry Potter on steroids with a hefty dose of metaphysics". Starts from the premise that magic and humanity can't coexist, and then takes that premise through Russian bureaucracy where a girl is coerced into transcending/abandoning her humanity at the "Institute of Special Technologies" and becomes... well it's never entirely clear. Completely unsentimental, very Russian.

Olga Tokarczuk - she won the nobel prize, but she's extremely entertaining so don't let that put you off... Polish, so close to German?

Berlin Babylon and Dark are fun if you haven't seen them.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@sippy_cup said:
    Aguirre the Wrath of God. Berlin Alexanderplatz. Fitzcarraldo. The entire Heimat series by Edgar Reitz. Land of Mine.

Its a tried and true classic and the apex film of the Kinski-Herzog partnership.

• If you’re into really heady, deep drama:

Thrashin’-the best skateboard gang jousting drama of all time.
    Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo a rare sequel that tops the original.

Just kidding...but not really

Pan’s Labyrinth-made in Spain so there is a Spanish audio version.
    Once Upon a Time in America-not from the countries you mention, but arguably the best mob movie ever made.
    Dark City
    True Romance
    Raised by Wolves (series) some of the best sci-fi to come along in a while

Books, anything by Orwell, especially poignant right now. Aldous Huxley, Carlos Castañeda, Tom Wolfe, Hunter Thompson, William Burroughs, Miguel Cervantes, Henry Miller. All obvious, but the more I read the more I appreciate these authors who started me on my journey.

• The Spanish-language movie Monos by Alejandro Landes. Don't read anything about it first, just watch it cold. Masterpiece. A really, really powerful piece of cinema.

And a thumbs up for any of those Werner Herzog movies mentioned above.

• @cian said:

Olga Tokarczuk - she won the nobel prize, but she's extremely entertaining so don't let that put you off... Polish, so close to German?

>
    OMG. Shots fired 🤣

• @dendy said:
    epic sci-fi, for me same league as Dune or Foundation. More like Foundation, true hardcore sci-fi with basically all possible elements of genre fused together in perfectly working saga, lot of interesting characters, lot of interesting plot lines ..

sounds like a good one!

• Pan’s Labyrinth> @king_picadillo said:

If you’re into really heady, deep drama:

Thrashin’-the best skateboard gang jousting drama of all time.
    Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo a rare sequel that tops the original.

Just kidding...but not really

Pan’s Labyrinth-made in Spain so there is a Spanish audio version.
    Once Upon a Time in America-not from the countries you mention, but arguably the best mob movie ever made.
    Dark City
    True Romance
    Raised by Wolves (series) some of the best sci-fi to come along in a while vpn black friday

Books, anything by Orwell, especially poignant right now. Aldous Huxley, Carlos Castañeda, Tom Wolfe, Hunter Thompson, William Burroughs, Miguel Cervantes, Henry Miller. All obvious, but the more I read the more I appreciate these authors who started me on my journey.

I do like Pan’s Labyrinth. lemme check with other movies, thanks for the suggestion mate.

• Somewhat similar to the Orwellian suggestion and also prescient right now: The Space Trilogy by C.S. Lewis (books).

• Nice to see so many Spanish films here. I think Ive likes all Javier Bardem’s films especially Bautiful

My fave Spanish film which is pretty dark and hence called Dark Blue almost Black by Daniel Sanchez Arevalo. He also did Gordos which is good too.

• @mlau said:
    @JeffChasteen then let’s mention the documentary between los dos locos 🙃

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Best_Fiend

A must watch!
    Kinski’s autobiography where he spends a generous amount of time trashing Herzog is also great. Herzog helped Kinski write some of the most vitriolic parts.

• @sippy_cup said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@sippy_cup said:

Its a tried and true classic and the apex film of the Kinski-Herzog partnership.

Absolutely.
    It seems that more people would say Fitzceraldo, but they would be wrong.
    Herzog is rather dismissive of Cobra Verde, but in my opinion, it is far better than he claims.

• Fassbinder’s Ali: Fear Eats The Soul and Fox And His Friends are just two great movies from the maniacally prolific filmmaker.

Two wildly different masterpieces from Pasolini:
    Salò
    The Gospel According to St. Matthew

• movie;Dumb & Dumber read; anything from Strindberg

• A great Spanish movie: Spirit of the Beehive

A great American book: Gilead by Marilyn Robinson

• @JeffChasteen said:

@sippy_cup said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@sippy_cup said:

Absolutely.
    It seems that more people would say Fitzceraldo, but they would be wrong.
    Herzog is rather dismissive of Cobra Verde, but in my opinion, it is far better than he claims.

Cobra Verde was an enjoyable movie for sure. Fitz while very entertaining, it lacked the depth that Aguirre held. I feel Fitzcarraldo was as close to Hollywood as Herzog got with this time of his career.

• @rottencat said:
    A great Spanish movie: Spirit of the Beehive

A great American book: Gilead by Marilyn Robinson

Spirit of the Beehive was excellent. Good Rec!

• A German movie I enjoyed a great deal was Run Lola Run.

Although it’s not one of the nationalities you mentioned (it’s French) Diva is pretty amazing.

• my fav movie lately
    pure magic.