Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spacecraft beta

Comments

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Most excellent! Will check it out ASAP. I was working some wicked beats like that one above from @reasOne last night. Given the rhythmic possibilities it really does feel like a new app within an app.

Its pretty wild what the sequencer adds to this!!!

@Gavinski said:

@reasOne said:
    Can get into glitchy beat territory too!

Sounding great!

I had like 20 variations by the time i was done haha so fun

• @deltaVaudio just grabbed the update.... Time to dig in ....

• Can’t wait for this update to hit the store.

• edited January 2021

A simple single sample from LayR with the newset update
    I tried to make it sound bad at the end by just pressing all the keys but couldn’t do it... it just can’t sound bad 😂
    Added BLEASS delay post video and wow!

• @Gavinski said:

@despego said:

@RockySmalls said:

@despego said:
    Nice Update. Is the amplitude sequencer locked to 8 steps? It would be nice to be able to change it to odd numbers too for rhythm weirdness

i agree, would be very nice , though i don’t have any idea how to do that UI-wise ,,, and personally i would like an option to turn off the ‘sync’ of the envelope sequencer and run it independently, which could just be in the global settings.

Agree with you in both cases. The app is growing in features and it’s difficult to accommodate every request but I’m really tired of apps or functions limiting to 4/4 or counting 4, 8, 16...

Agreed. Great update Mark! More step division choices for the amp sequencer would be wonderful. Could even have a Gauss type system of trigs for setting complex polyrhythms ❤️

Rely digging this addition though, regardless 👍

Yes!

• @despego, @Gavinski

I had originally planned to do step divisions, it's a no brainer for a step sequencer like this. This is what it looks like GUI-wise:

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @despego, @Gavinski

I had originally planned to do step divisions, it's a no brainer for a step sequencer like this. This is what it looks like GUI-wise:

Great!!

I recorded the coffee machine at work today and put the audio in Spacecraft. Needles to say it sounds so good, from another galaxy.

Looking forward to this update.

• Out of interest, is the pitch/ring mod a popular feature in Spacecraft? I only ask as it’s something I’ve only used once, briefly, at the end of a track.

• @rud said:
    Out of interest, is the pitch/ring mod a popular feature in Spacecraft? I only ask as it’s something I’ve only used once, briefly, at the end of a track.

Not sure how popular it is, but I do see people using it in videos.

• @deltaVaudio cool. I only asked as I saw people asking for things and read your reply which referred to screen space. Just wondering if it would free up space by having the pitch/ring mod as an option in settings.
    Saying this, I have only ever programmed our central heating but I hope all suggestions are welcome.
    A Spacecraft update is like an extra Christmas present in summer.

• edited January 2021

• @rud said:
    Out of interest, is the pitch/ring mod a popular feature in Spacecraft? I only ask as it’s something I’ve only used once, briefly, at the end of a track.

I don't use the ring mod, but occasionally that section is useful to tune a sample.

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @despego, @Gavinski

That looks cool!

• A build is on TestFlight with the new step divisions feature.

• @deltaVaudio said:
    A build is on TestFlight with the new step divisions feature.

And it's brilliant...👍

• This sequencer pushes spacecraft even deeper into the infinite sea of exploration!
    Such a great control to have on the panel!

• Yes another great feature, love it :)

• When's it coming out the update that is?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    When's it coming out the update that is?

Probably when we all stop asking for extra features... 😄

• The new step divisions works great for me so far. Really love how intuitive this app is, and even with the little folded amp section, all it really takes is a few minutes of experimenting to get your head around SC.

• @enkaytee said:

@deltaVaudio said:
    A build is on TestFlight with the new step divisions feature.

And it's brilliant...👍

Indeed, I don't think I can take any more brilliant new features. You are crushing it, @deltaVaudio!

• Since Spacecraft became AUV3, I wonder why this app has two (2) ‘granulizers’ in one app. Exactly the same functionality, taking a lot of space, etc. I find this a bit annoying, because when I just need one granulizer (most of the time), I always have to take care of the second one, which is hard to disable, especially when Spacecraft is used with midi-in and you cannot disable midi-in for one of the granulizers! My wish for the upcoming update would be: make Spacecraft a ‘ single-sample’ granulizer AUV3 app (with more UI-space for extra functionality as requested/mentioned above) OR give us an option in Settings to disable midi and/or audio per granulizer. Please!

• @Harro said:
    Since Spacecraft became AUV3, I wonder why this app has two (2) ‘granulizers’ in one app. Exactly the same functionality, taking a lot of space, etc. I find this a bit annoying, because when I just need one granulizer (most of the time), I always have to take care of the second one, which is hard to disable, especially when Spacecraft is used with midi-in and you cannot disable midi-in for one of the granulizers! My wish for the upcoming update would be: make Spacecraft a ‘ single-sample’ granulizer AUV3 app (with more UI-space for extra functionality as requested/mentioned above) OR give us an option in Settings to disable midi and/or audio per granulizer. Please!

In my opinion, two granulises is the sweet spot for creating interesting sounds.

You can easily disable the audio output from the second granuliser by moving the crosshairs in the main panel down to the bottom (grain amplitude).

• @deltaVaudio said:

@Harro said:
    Since Spacecraft became AUV3, I wonder why this app has two (2) ‘granulizers’ in one app. Exactly the same functionality, taking a lot of space, etc. I find this a bit annoying, because when I just need one granulizer (most of the time), I always have to take care of the second one, which is hard to disable, especially when Spacecraft is used with midi-in and you cannot disable midi-in for one of the granulizers! My wish for the upcoming update would be: make Spacecraft a ‘ single-sample’ granulizer AUV3 app (with more UI-space for extra functionality as requested/mentioned above) OR give us an option in Settings to disable midi and/or audio per granulizer. Please!

In my opinion, two granulises is the sweet spot for creating interesting sounds.

You can easily disable the audio output from the second granuliser by moving the crosshairs in the main panel down to the bottom (grain amplitude).

Thank you @deltaVaudio for your reply. When using SC standalone, then I understand (and experience) the benefit of the second granuliser (even wish there were three or four or more), but as AUV3 you can (if you wish) simply add multiple instances of SC to obtain that 'sweet spot for interesting sounds'...

• @deltaVaudio Spacecraft crashes when the iPad goes to sleep after waking up and Infinity sample mode is active and recording. I have a crashlog here, if you want I can send it to you if you give me an email address. This is with the App Store version.

• @stellare_modular said:
    @deltaVaudio Spacecraft crashes when the iPad goes to sleep after waking up and Infinity sample mode is active and recording. I have a crashlog here, if you want I can send it to you if you give me an email address. This is with the App Store version.

Thanks for this! Standalone or auv3?

• @stellare_modular said:
    Standalone

I just tried loading standalone, starting infinite recording, closing the app, then reopening the app. Unfortunately I wasn't able to recreate it. Do you by any chance remember if you had any other apps running when this happened?
    Cheers

• @rud said:

It's the feature I use the least tbh. I've had a lot of fun getting into the depths of Spacecraft recently, and what I miss most is a some kind of delay effect, which would make better use of the limited space I think.

• @deltaVaudio said:

@Harro said:

Was wondering if it's possible to disable the second granuliser to save on CPU? I guess that simply turning the volume down doesn't deactivate the unit, and therefore it still consumes CPU?