Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spacecraft beta

Comments

• @deltaVaudio said:
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

I'm curious, can you guys tell the difference between the different types of MIDI transpose?

Possibly but it's not obvious to my ears - tho it's likely that I'm not using a sample or source that's going to show it properly...perhaps a demo would be good...

• @enkaytee said:

@deltaVaudio said:
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

I'm curious, can you guys tell the difference between the different types of MIDI transpose?

Possibly but it's not obvious to my ears - tho it's likely that I'm not using a sample or source that's going to show it properly...perhaps a demo would be good...

Yes, I was just thinking the same that a demo would be good for this release!

• @deltaVaudio said:

@deltaVaudio Tried the amplitude sequencer and its great! I miss a feature that I think it would expande the concept a lot timbrically and I use a lot with my sythns and modulars: the same as the buchla easel, or the ARP 2600 and odyssey, and "initial VCA gain" or just an positive ofsett for the amp envelope so yo can mix the envelope with the "drone" sound. Just another fader bar next to the envelope shape would do it! Raise the fader and the "floor" for the envelope raises. what do you think? Thanks!

• @Synthi said:

@deltaVaudio said:

@deltaVaudio Tried the amplitude sequencer and its great! I miss a feature that I think it would expande the concept a lot timbrically and I use a lot with my sythns and modulars: the same as the buchla easel, or the ARP 2600 and odyssey, and "initial VCA gain" or just an positive ofsett for the amp envelope so yo can mix the envelope with the "drone" sound. Just another fader bar next to the envelope shape would do it! Raise the fader and the "floor" for the envelope raises. what do you think? Thanks!

Excellent suggestion. This is something that i kept trying to coax from SC last night with effects and multiple versions of the AUv3. Would be much easier as suggested here.

• @Synthi said:

@deltaVaudio said:

This is a good idea. Although I don't want to include another slider as it will shrink the main panel too much on iPhone especially. If I include this it would be an option in settings. 0% 25% 50% 75%

• @rs2000 said:

@deltaVaudio said:

This is fun!!!
    As for the resulting pitch from the ring mod: Is there a way to make the resulting, audible frequency quantized to a chromatic scale? It's difficult to hit the correct pitch.

The way the ring-mod is designed it will always be atonal. There's no real way to get a specific pitch, in this way it's more of an effect as a tunable feature. You could use the pitch feature in options to make this panel stick to notes rather than continuous changes in pitch, but the ring-mod will always be atonal. Also this is not something I can change at this point as it could mess up peoples existing projects.

• @deltaVaudio said:

@rs2000 said:

@deltaVaudio said:

This is fun!!!
    As for the resulting pitch from the ring mod: Is there a way to make the resulting, audible frequency quantized to a chromatic scale? It's difficult to hit the correct pitch.

The way the ring-mod is designed it will always be atonal. There's no real way to get a specific pitch, in this way it's more of an effect as a tunable feature. You could use the pitch feature in options to make this panel stick to notes rather than continuous changes in pitch, but the ring-mod will always be atonal. Also this is not something I can change at this point as it could mess up peoples existing projects.

No worries. I know, the nature of the RM spectrum makes it difficult to pick one "definitive" pitch. Maybe I should zoom in 😉

• edited January 2021

@deltaVaudio said:

@Synthi said:

@deltaVaudio said:

This is a good idea. Although I don't want to include another slider as it will shrink the main panel too much on iPhone especially. If I include this it would be an option in settings. 0% 25% 50% 75%

Thanks @deltaVaudio , but please consider making a full fader because live tweaking and automation of this VCA initial gain is where the fun start, try it, there is a lot of nuances!! maybe a bit narrower amp sequencer window would make room for two faders?? or making two faders on the bottom? I think that large fader for tempo would be smaller too, or even just two arrows for inc/dec tempo division.

• @Synthi said:

@deltaVaudio said:

@Synthi said:

@deltaVaudio said:

Thanks @deltaVaudio , but please consider making a full fader because live tweaking and automation of this VCA initial gain is where the fun start, try it, there is a lot of nuances!! maybe a bit narrower amp sequencer window would make room for two faders?? or making two faders on the bottom? I think that large fader for tempo would be smaller too, or even just two arrows for inc/dec tempo division.

I do appreciate your suggestion, but I just don't feel comfortable adding another slider into the GUI. If you need more resolution, the best I can do is increase to 0% 10% 20% ... 80%

• edited January 2021

@deltaVaudio said:

@Synthi said:

@deltaVaudio said:

@Synthi said:

@deltaVaudio said:

I do appreciate your suggestion, but I just don't feel comfortable adding another slider into the GUI. If you need more resolution, the best I can do is increase to 0% 10% 20% ... 80%

thanks! is there a way to make that option exposed as AUv3 automation for live tweaking? maybe a option to use the "frequency" slider for this? (option to choose freq/vca gain for the bottom fader)

ITOH, I never use the ring mod, and with this new feature, coulde be wonderfull having the XY pad switchable for RM/Env with X assigned to frequency and Y to VCA initial gain. Even better asignable parameters for both X and Y to choose from a list

• @Synthi said:

@deltaVaudio said:

@Synthi said:

@deltaVaudio said:

@Synthi said:

@deltaVaudio said:

thanks! is there a way to make that option exposed as AUv3 automation for live tweaking? maybe a option to use the "frequency" slider for this? (option to choose freq/vca gain for the bottom fader)

ITOH, I never use the ring mod, and with this new feature, coulde be wonderfull having the XY pad switchable for RM/Env with X assigned to frequency and Y to VCA initial gain. Even better asignable parameters for both X and Y to choose from a list

Yes, it would be available for AUv3 automation as it's a normal parameter

• When will this drop in the official release?
    I have the beta on my phone but the full version on my iPad.
    I’m afraid to install the beta and lose all my sessions so I’m going to wait until the release drops

• @reasOne said:
    When will this drop in the official release?
    I’m afraid to install the beta and lose all my sessions so I’m going to wait until the release drops

My friend, I just did a sanity check for you:
    1. deleted SC
    2. installed current App Store version
    3. created some audio files and saved a preset
    4. installed the beta on top of the App Store version (without deleting SC!)
    5. preset and audio files were still there

So this shows that installing the beta has no impact on your user files. If this test above is good enough for you then go ahead and install the beta. Just whatever you do don't delete SC as this will certainly remove your user files.

• @deltaVaudio said:

@reasOne said:
    When will this drop in the official release?

My friend, I just did a sanity check for you:
    1. deleted SC
    2. installed current App Store version
    3. created some audio files and saved a preset
    4. installed the beta on top of the App Store version (without deleting SC!)
    5. preset and audio files were still there

So this shows that installing the beta has no impact on your user files. If this test above is good enough for you then go ahead and install the beta. Just whatever you do don't delete SC as this will certainly remove your user files.

Ahhh cool, so as long as the current version is not deleted first everything remains intact! Perfect! Thank you dude!

• I’ve had no problems with files, presets etc... with any of the betas, or returning to released version or updates... if that helps too @reasOne :)

• I feel good about it now 😎 i just have ALOT of spacecraft projects lol, i use this app like it’s no ones business

• edited January 2021
  • B) you are fast!!!!

• Wowza, you are a magician! Looking forward to giving that a test drive.

• Little arp with percussion

• Can get into glitchy beat territory too!

• @reasOne said:
    Can get into glitchy beat territory too!

woah that beat is mad. It's awesome to see people using this :D

• @deltaVaudio said:

@reasOne said:

woah that beat is mad. It's awesome to see people using this :D

The more i mess with these samples and settings the crazier the beat gets! So much fun man

• @Synthi, @lukesleepwalker, @reasOne

This build is already on TestFlight. They don't usually review that quickly :)

• Most excellent! Will check it out ASAP. I was working some wicked beats like that one above from @reasOne last night. Given the rhythmic possibilities it really does feel like a new app within an app.

• @reasOne said:

Sounding great!

• Nice Update. Is the amplitude sequencer locked to 8 steps? It would be nice to be able to change it to odd numbers too for rhythm weirdness

• @despego said:
    Nice Update. Is the amplitude sequencer locked to 8 steps? It would be nice to be able to change it to odd numbers too for rhythm weirdness

i agree, would be very nice , though i don’t have any idea how to do that UI-wise ,,, and personally i would like an option to turn off the ‘sync’ of the envelope sequencer and run it independently, which could just be in the global settings.

• @RockySmalls said:

@despego said:
    Nice Update. Is the amplitude sequencer locked to 8 steps? It would be nice to be able to change it to odd numbers too for rhythm weirdness

i agree, would be very nice , though i don’t have any idea how to do that UI-wise ,,, and personally i would like an option to turn off the ‘sync’ of the envelope sequencer and run it independently, which could just be in the global settings.

Agree with you in both cases. The app is growing in features and it’s difficult to accommodate every request but I’m really tired of apps or functions limiting to 4/4 or counting 4, 8, 16...

• @despego said:

@RockySmalls said:

@despego said:

Agree with you in both cases. The app is growing in features and it’s difficult to accommodate every request but I’m really tired of apps or functions limiting to 4/4 or counting 4, 8, 16...

Agreed. Great update Mark! More step division choices for the amp sequencer would be wonderful. Could even have a Gauss type system of trigs for setting complex polyrhythms ❤️

Rely digging this addition though, regardless 👍