Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spacecraft beta

Comments

• @deltaVaudio said:

@NoiseFloored said:

@deltaVaudio said:

@NoiseFloored said:

😉 absolutely, I only mentioned it because I thought it could be important to you, I’m guessing it’s related to the JUCE license

That's so weird. I just deleted the app and reinstalled from the app store. I didn't get the juce logo. Does it do that for you every time you load the app?

Yep, and when opening the first instance of the AU version; it happens in both of my devices. I’ll try reinstalling and restarting and let you know.

Just bare in mind that you'll lose your audio and presets if you do that

Yeah, no worries, I tried on my phone only. It didn’t help though, and neither did restarting.

• @NoiseFloored said:

@deltaVaudio said:

@NoiseFloored said:

@deltaVaudio said:

@NoiseFloored said:

😉 absolutely, I only mentioned it because I thought it could be important to you, I’m guessing it’s related to the JUCE license

That's so weird. I just deleted the app and reinstalled from the app store. I didn't get the juce logo. Does it do that for you every time you load the app?

Yep, and when opening the first instance of the AU version; it happens in both of my devices. I’ll try reinstalling and restarting and let you know.

Just bare in mind that you'll lose your audio and presets if you do that

Yeah, no worries, I tried on my phone only. It didn’t help though, and neither did restarting.

This has to be the weirdest glitch ever. Is anybody else seeing the JUCE logo pop up at the start?

• Yup, just spotted the juce momentarily in the bottom right when opening in AUM.

• @deltaVaudio Yes seeing the Juice logo also.

• @deltaVaudio jep i’m also getting the juce logo on startup.

• @deltAdata yes, me too. I get the logo.

• In stand alone, it pops up in the lower right corner for a second or two and then fades away. It doesn't pop up again until the next time I open SC, for me at least.

• edited January 2021

I get it too...

• Same here both stand alone and in AUM.

• Ok thanks for the info guys. Not the end of the world but I'll see if I can remove this in the next update.

• It really isn't a big deal at all and doesn't affect using the program

• @yowza said:
    It really isn't a big deal at all and doesn't affect using the program

• Happy New Year @deltaVaudio , appreciate the ongoing development of one of my favourite apps.

• @deltaVaudio said:

This has to be the weirdest glitch ever. Is anybody else seeing the JUCE logo pop up at the start?

Yup.

Same here.

• Also getting that glitch but it doesn't annoy me in the slightest. Great update @deltaVaudio

• edited January 2021

@deltaVaudio : just wanted to say thanks for a great update to an already great app! :) Also: glad to see you have recovered enough to want to do this. Hope your 2021 turns out a lot better for you than your 2020 :) ( though given what you have been through, i guess that is a pretty low bar... )

• edited January 2021

I've just put the new midi transpose feature on TestFlight. I'd be really interested to know what you guys thinking if you find any issues with it. It took quite a bit of code rewriting under the hood, so I'm a little nervous about this one.

• @deltaVaudio said:
    I've just put the new midi transpose feature on TestFlight. I'd be really interested to know what you guys thinking if you find any issues with it. It took quite a bit of code rewriting under the hood, so I'm a little nervous about this one.

Amazing - taking Spacecraft to a whole new level! Feeding midi from Fugue Machine with transpose switched on is a complete blast - thanks @deltaVaudio 👍

• It's done diatonically, so when you change the midi note, the notes that you get out are always in the same scale (whichever scale you have chosen). this is quite musical as you can put a root, 3rd and 5th note on the sequencer then play a series of chords just with one midi note. if you use multiple midi notes it gets a bit crazier.

Glad you like it @enkaytee :)

• @enkaytee said:

@deltaVaudio said:

Amazing - taking Spacecraft to a whole new level! Feeding midi from Fugue Machine with transpose switched on is a complete blast - thanks @deltaVaudio 👍

what does the transpose do? i’m confused?

• @eross said:

you need to have notes on the sequencer and play midi notes (via midi keyboard or on screen keyboard in AUM for example) simultaneously. the notes on the sequencer will be transposed (shifted in pitch) to the midi notes.

• @deltaVaudio said:

@eross said:

you need to have notes on the sequencer and play midi notes (via midi keyboard or on screen keyboard in AUM for example) simultaneously. the notes on the sequencer will be transposed (shifted in pitch) to the midi notes.

cool.

• @deltaVaudio said:

Ok, so that kinda explains it why there is no setting for the root-note and only a setting for the scale?!
    (So how does one set the root-note in stand-alone without an external keyboard?).

Would it be too much to ask for an update where the steps have a number indicating the order in which they play?
    (From what I know they play in the order they were added so if a note needs to be changed to whole sequences has to be re-tapped and the same note can not be used twice?).

I'll have to investigate the sequencer a bit more and maybe do some RTFM :)

Cheers!

• edited January 2021

@Samu said:
    Ok, so that kinda explains it why there is no setting for the root-note and only a setting for the scale?!
    (So how does one set the root-note in stand-alone without an external keyboard?).

If I understand your point correctly, that's what the coarse tuning is for. So you can change the root note with the coarse tuning slider then choose a scale.

Right now, the note order can only be done in the order you enter them. I can't think of a clean way to do it otherwise in the GUI. It is a shame you can't play the same note multiple times but that is just the compromise I made in the design.

• @deltaVaudio said:

@Samu said:

If I understand your point correctly, that's what the coarse tuning is for. So you can change the root note with the coarse tuning slider then choose a scale.

Gotcha! It was a case of RTFM for me, so it's all clear now :)

Right now, the note order can only be done in the order you enter them. I can't think of a clean way to do it otherwise in the GUI. It is a shame you can't play the same note multiple times but that is just the compromise I made in the design.

There's always the option to use an external sequencer/arpeggiator to trigger space-craft so no biggie.

Don't remember when Spacecraft went universal but I'm really enjoying it on both my iPhone 8 and old iPad Air 2.

Cheers!

• In the lower section, when choosing a scale, the list of choices extends beyond the frame and I can't scroll down. Seems broken. The upper section works fine! Just thought I'd mention it.

• edited January 2021

@gkillmaster said:
    In the lower section, when choosing a scale, the list of choices extends beyond the frame and I can't scroll down. Seems broken. The upper section works fine! Just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for this.

Yes, it only shows 2 or 3 options. But if you drag down it will extend the list towards the top of the screen.

Not ideal I admit. I'll see if there's something I can do about this for the next update.

• I know I can work with sends in a DAW but is there a way within Space Craft to bland in the original audio? Wet/dry style?

• @gusgranite said:
    I know I can work with sends in a DAW but is there a way within Space Craft to bland in the original audio? Wet/dry style?

You can only do this with live incoming audio, there is a monitor button for that. With regards to a static sample that's already loaded, there's no way of doing that.

• @deltaVaudio said:

@gusgranite said:
    I know I can work with sends in a DAW but is there a way within Space Craft to bland in the original audio? Wet/dry style?

You can only do this with live incoming audio, there is a monitor button for that. With regards to a static sample that's already loaded, there's no way of doing that.

Thanks. I was looking for a blend control so I could blend the original signal in and out. No biggie though, I can use a send like I said.