Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to emulate Wavestate and Iridium in ios?

I have been captivated by the videos posted in here recently for these two synths. I put together a patch in AUM with Touchscaper driving a couple of instances of Waverly and got in the general ballpark. Here’s a little improvised jam with that AUM setup:

I would like to hear any other ideas about how to pull this off. I read that the EvolverFX app is an emulation of Wavestate, but I haven’t found any compelling demos yet. I’m more interested in the evolving soundscape approach than the auto-accompaniment thing.

Comments

• Nice jam.

Both SoundScaper and SynthScaper will do as much evolving audio plus all-but-kitchen-sink mangling you can wish for. Downside: you’ll have to learn Vasiliev-speak but it’s not too hard.

Also, thanks for reminding me that I need to dive into EvolverFX.

• Nicely chilled.

• edited September 2020

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I put together a patch in AUM with Touchscaper driving a couple of instances of Waverly and got in the general ballpark.

Very nice! :smile: Just so you know, I've been focussing much more on evolving / less static sounds in new instruments for Waverley. Obviously being sample-based, they're not very tweak-able, but when layered and used in a mix, like you've done to great effect here, then I think you can still make these sounds your own.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr EvolverFX and even more, KORG iWavestation is perfect for evolving soundscapes. iWavestation has an insane amount of basic waveforms included that might take you hours just to browse through and play them. It's a beast for soundscapes, it's just not that popular here because you might have to get your fingers dirty with synth programming 😋

• Yes evolver FX is really good despite the gui. I should also add Addstation to this list which is also ideal for soundscapes (and other things) and has a similar workflow.

• Oh by the way, I should also mention Yonac Kaspar.
    8 layers of analog goodness with an excellent choice of filters.
    The included presets are a joke, this one is crying for diy presets even more.
    It's for analog what iWavestation is for digital.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr
    I just picked up EvolverFX a couple of days ago.. for the same reason.. evolving soundscapes..

Paul covers evolving soundscapes in the 1st half of this video..

How to create evolving sequences based upon user samples..

Evolver is a performance tool for creating multi-layered evolving sequences of sound. At its most basic think of evolver as a 4 lane sequencer which creates automatic accompaniment from notes and chords you play on your MIDI keyboard, but it can also be used to create elastic evolving soundscapes where audio samples seamlessly merge into one another to create highly complex sounds.

Evolver can load its own multi-layer patches or import them from Chameleon. These patches can be layered using the 4 sequencer lanes or split over a virtual keyboard with key zones and transposing. You can create an ever evolving sequence of multi-layer patches or even imported sound samples which transition into each other in time with the tempo.

• edited September 2020

EvolverFX is a gem. Been devoting time miRack recently, but EvolverFX is a layered synthy monster.

• I'm a fan of Evolver after having invested the time/energy to learn the UI and integration with Chameleon. It's fun and rewarding. That said, I will quibble with "ever evolving sequence of multi-layer patches"--there is indeed a logical limit to how much Evolver actually evolves.