Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 keeps crashing and not saving projects –am I an idiot?

Really going to try not to rant here but I have just lost 2 hours work on Cubasis 3 –something I was really pleased with, I feel like crying.

This is not the first time this has happened, and so I even saved a duplicate of the track as I went. Then it crashed, automatically reloaded the project: the only thing there was the first plugin I added (Mononoke) with no midi, and no second synth (Laplace), or any of the effects I had added.

I went to the duplicate I had made..same thing –just mononoke and nothing else.. In both cases nothing in the undo history either.

I was using more than a couple of plugins but I have a 2018 pro and wasn’t pushing the DSP very hard at all Even if I was, a crash I can live with that, not saving projects properly is just....urrgaargghh.

This happens regardless of the plugins I am using . Am I doing something stupid or do other people have this problem? According to the Steinberg FAQ there is no save button because the app should be automatically saving, it definitely isn’t doing that for me. The same FAQ says I can take ‘snapshots’ but that button doesn’t seem to be there when I select ‘projects’ in mediabay.

(Still iOS 13.7 btw)

Comments

• Cubasis 3 has never crashed for me.

Hope you manage to resolve your issues.

• I know this sounds irrelevant, and probably is, but have you set the hardware latency to the highest... 11.7 ms,? I think.
    I thought CB3 unusable for the crashes and crazy glitches.... once I adjusted the latency she began to purr like a kitten. Nary a problem now.

• @nickneek - That sounds really odd. Is there any chance that you're almost out of space on your device?

• @LinearLineman said:
    I know this sounds irrelevant, and probably is, but have you set the hardware latency to the highest... 11.7 ms,? I think.
    I thought CB3 unusable for the crashes and crazy glitches.... once I adjusted the latency she began to purr like a kitten. Nary a problem now.

this worked for me.

• Thanks everyone for the responses so far. Going to bed/lie in bed and sulk about it now

@wim 130GB free... thanks though
    @LinearLineman and @noob thanks, I’ll try it.
    @cyberheater thanks. yours and wim’s comments make me think that maybe I am just doing something stupid. Maybe I can work it out tomorrow with a clearer head.

• @nickneek said:
    Thanks everyone for the responses so far. Going to bed/lie in bed and sulk about it now

@wim 130GB free... thanks though
    @LinearLineman and @noob thanks, I’ll try it.
    @cyberheater thanks. yours and wim’s comments make me think that maybe I am just doing something stupid. Maybe I can work it out tomorrow with a clearer head.

My only other idea was to check for any possibility of a midi loop. Still, that wouldn't explain why Cubasis would crash hard enough to lose all that work. It seems like auto-saves should be much more frequent than every 2 hours. Sorry, I don't have any other ideas.

• @nickneek said:
    Really going to try not to rant here but I have just lost 2 hours work on Cubasis 3 –something I was really pleased with, I feel like crying.

This is not the first time this has happened, and so I even saved a duplicate of the track as I went. Then it crashed, automatically reloaded the project: the only thing there was the first plugin I added (Mononoke) with no midi, and no second synth (Laplace), or any of the effects I had added.

I went to the duplicate I had made..same thing –just mononoke and nothing else.. In both cases nothing in the undo history either.

I was using more than a couple of plugins but I have a 2018 pro and wasn’t pushing the DSP very hard at all Even if I was, a crash I can live with that, not saving projects properly is just....urrgaargghh.

This happens regardless of the plugins I am using . Am I doing something stupid or do other people have this problem? According to the Steinberg FAQ there is no save button because the app should be automatically saving, it definitely isn’t doing that for me. The same FAQ says I can take ‘snapshots’ but that button doesn’t seem to be there when I select ‘projects’ in mediabay.

(Still iOS 13.7 btw)

Hi @nickneek,

Please give these steps a try:

• Load an empty project
    • Close all apps (including Cubasis)
    • Shut down the iPad

Afterwards restart the iPad and launch Cubasis.

Please let me know if this helps to resolve the problem.

Thanks
    Lars

• Hi Lars, thanks for the response –sorry for the late reply. I did those steps and the problem does seem to have been resolved now. Hopefully it won’t come back..

• Resurrecting an old thread with a similar problem. CB 3.2.1 crashing regularly on an Air 4 on iOS 14.4.1.

I recorded a number of of wav files in AUM and wanted to assemble them into a track in CB3. They were mostly loops which I used to build up into a full project. This was from a brand new created project. As you can imagine on a modern machine, 7 audio only tracks used about 4% CPU and similar DSP. Yet CB3 kept closing on me. I restarted the iPad and the problem still continued.

I wondered if it was anything to do with the many multiple wave files across the project so I froze each track such that there were 7 audio wave files. And still the project crashed.

I managed to copy these 7 wave files elsewhere and re-imported them into the media bay and set up a brand new project. Only for the crash to occur again when I went into the mixer to re-set all my levels.

I'm really at a loss as to why this is happening. To the point I've imported the 7 wave files into Cubasis 2 and finished my project in there.

I tried to look at the log files on the iPad but couldn't see anything obvious. Apparently the device is set to send errors out to devs (although I've no idea what info, if any, is sent across).

I've noticed in recent weeks that CB3.2.1 has crashed more than I remember it doing previously but the fact it's doing this in a brand new project, created following a restart of the iPad is concerning.

Anyone else found CB3.2.1 to misbehave recently?

I've now backed-up all my CB3 projects and deleted the app entirely off the iPad with a view to doing a clean install. Is it possible for an app to get corrupted in this way? I can't think of any other reason, especially where there's no plug ins being used!