Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Feed recorded chords into StepPolyArp then record midi back into Cubasis

Hi. I'd like to record a chord progression in Cubasis, feed that progression into StepPolyArp (or similar), and then record that midi output in Cubasis. How might this best be done?

Comments

• edited September 2020

@markk
    This is what i tried right now and it works:

If you play this and hit record on the 2nd lane (Target) you‘ll get:

Hope that helps.

• @markk said:
    Hi. I'd like to record a chord progression in Cubasis, feed that progression into StepPolyArp (or similar), and then record that midi output in Cubasis. How might this best be done?

I don't know if this is the best way, but one way I figured out in Cubasis 2:

• Create a midi track
    • Add Atom Piano Roll, then StepPolyArp as Midi FX
    • Enable "MIDI Thru" and "Rec to Track" on both.
    • Record your chord progression into Atom
    • When ready, arm the Cubasis track and record the SPA output.

I don't think there are any inter-track midi routing options that you could use instead.

• Hi @MrBlaschke (again) and @wim, thanks for your replies, I've only just now had the chance to try your suggestions.

@MrBlaschke , in your first pic, how do you get SPAU in the output slot? I tried having SPAU loaded as a midi effect and it didn't show up in the output slot. I tried using Audiobus, with SPAU on the left feeding Cubasis on the right on the midi page, but didn't get your result. I also tried loading SPAU in standalone mode, then starting Cubasis. In that instance, SPAU showed up in the output list, but no midi was getting to SPAU after pressing play in Cubasis.

@wim, when I try your method, the original chords in Atom get recorded along with the arpeggiated notes. Am I missing something?

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@markk said:
    @wim, when I try your method, the original chords in Atom get recorded along with the arpeggiated notes. Am I missing something?

You're right. Sorry, I missed that. I guess that way won't work.

• @markk
    Just run it in Standalone Mode and make sure your ports for In/Out are configured right like in the screenshots.
    Did it again few minutes ago and worked.

• Ok, @MrBlaschke, got it all going now, thanks again for the help. I'm going to use it a lot, but it's a bit fiddly, isn't it, having to go back to SPAU all the time to stop it running after you stop Cubasis? Unless I'm being dumb.

I have a vague memory of doing something similar with ChorPolyPad, SPA and Cubasis four or five years ago, but it involved Audiobus. I tried using Audiobus this time 'round but the magic didn't happen. I may give it another crack soon.