Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2-No Metronome on Master Output 3-4?

Running NS2 with an audio interface and want the master to output to channels 3-4 instead of 1-2. Why? I don't want the monitor volume knob on the interface to control the volume levels going out of the interface. (1-2 is the monitor level, 3-4 is line out) Whenever I switch output to 3-4 i loose the metronome when recording. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks

Comments

• unfortunately NS metromome is hard coded to master out 1/2

but you can load NS into Audiobus input slot and then send audiobus output slot into your soundcard outputs 3/4 .... that way everything what you send to NS out 1/2 (which will be AudioBus in this case) will be routed to your soundcard output 3/4 ;-)

• @dendy thanks. Is there a way via audiobus or just NS2 to get output 1-2 & 3-4 going at the same time?

• edited September 2020

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    @dendy thanks. Is there a way via audiobus or just NS2 to get output 1-2 & 3-4 going at the same time?

not sure that i understand :-)

If i correctly understand - you just want sent everything including metronome out of NS into your soundcard outputs 3/4 ...

So in audiobus do this, just in your case on right side (AB output) instead of speaker there will be OUT 3/4 of your soundcard

In nanostudio, leave everything as default (in case NS is loaded in Audiobus input slot, you will see inside NS just single output, not multiple outputs of your soundcard, i think - point is yuou're sending NS2 main out including metronome into audiobus and from audiobus into your soundcard output 3/4)

This way AB works basically just as router which takes everything what is coming from NS and redirects it into 3/4 of your soundcard.

• @dendy said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    @dendy thanks. Is there a way via audiobus or just NS2 to get output 1-2 & 3-4 going at the same time?

not sure that i understand :-)

If i correctly understand - you just want sent everything including metronome out of NS into your soundcard outputs 3/4 ...

So in audiobus do this, just in your case on right side (AB output) instead of speaker there will be OUT 3/4 of your soundcard

In nanostudio, leave everything as default (in case NS is loaded in Audiobus input slot, you will see inside NS just single output, not multiple outputs of your soundcard, i think - point is yuou're sending NS2 main out including metronome into audiobus and from audiobus into your soundcard output 3/4)

This way AB works basically just as router which takes everything what is coming from NS and redirects it into 3/4 of your soundcard.

Thanks i was able to do that, but i'd like to route the audio of NS2 into 2 different places out of 2 different outputs. So 3-4 out for my line level output and a 1-2 output for my headphone output. Is this possible?

• edited September 2020

ah this... yeah, AUM is your friend :-) just use send and send it to another channel... then first chanel output to 1/2 and second channel output 3/4

• @dendy said:
    ah this... yeah, AUM is your friend :-) just use send and send it to another channel... then first chanel output to 1/2 and second channel output 3/4

Thank you!

• A clever solution. Wondering how I could use this with my interface.

• Another possibility? I haven't actually tried this with multiple outs. In NS, make your own metronome track with 4 midi notes and a Slate instance? Route as desired.

• @syrupcore said:
    Another possibility? I haven't actually tried this with multiple outs. In NS, make your own metronome track with 4 midi notes and a Slate instance? Route as desired.

Good idea! Could even take a ‘metronome’ sample and run that in slate as u suggested.

So far I’ve been using AUM for the multirouting and it’s been flawless. 1-2 for headphone/speaker volume control and 3-4 for input into another device