Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo - would you buy it for its sequencing capabilities only?

As per the title: would you buy it edit: just for the sequencer part?

Comments

• Dunno, never used the sequencer part...

• If it gets the piano roll update it could be worth, depending of the workflow.

• What functionality are you looking for @dermichl?

• Yes. I'd say it's one of my favorite ways to capture phrases and ideas. Kind of like Loopy or Group the Loop, but for MIDI. But with the bonus that you can go back and fix mistakes and that you can add interest by adding cycle conditions, randomness, etc.

• Definitely - it is highly reminiscent of the Elektron sequencing workflow and will only get more powerful as the app evolves. Now is a great time to get on board.

• Yeah, I end up using it for its sequencing and cc control quite a bit. The set up is really easy and gives me a central place for controlling everything else and it’s ridiculously deep

• edited September 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes, but don’t forget that it’s also pretty amazing for creating synths, samplers, FX etc. without spaghetti cables all over the place.
    The standalone will also be able to host AuV3s one day.

• ONLY??
    Absolutely not.

• @DatGood said:
    ONLY??
    Absolutely not.

should have read: just instead of only...

• On the iOS platform?

Yup.
    It's got the best timing.

@jolico said:
    Yes, but don’t forget that it’s also pretty amazing for creating synths, samplers, FX etc. without spaghetti cables all over the place.

+1

The standalone will also be able to host AuV3s one day.

Very soon it seems.

• @dermichl said:

@DatGood said:
    ONLY??
    Absolutely not.

should have read: just instead of only...

Ohhhh. Well... same answer, although I THINK I know what you are prob trying to imply/ask.
    The (lack of) piano roll is a massive loss and hopefully to be introduced soon. The ability to cc map scenes is wicked (I personally dislike touching screens so I love any app that does this). So it's not as perfect to warrant a purchase just because of the sequencing capabilities. For now, I personally prefer BM3 for my sequencing workflow. We will see how things develop via updates.

• Of course. I have a sum template with 8 tracks ready to fire in Drambo. Great times !!!