Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 3 driving me insane with this one thing

edited September 2020 in General App Discussion

No matter what iPad I use Beatmaker 3 will not let the default choice of one shot in the default trigger mode it’s always on hold no matter what I set it too. Drives me insane when making my own kits. This is why I use my MPC X more and more.

Comments

• Can you go through the task of setting every voice to One Shot without any samples loaded and save / use that as your go-to blank template each time you start a new project?

• @Proppa said:
    Can you go through the task of setting every voice to One Shot without any samples loaded and save / use that as your go-to blank template each time you start a new project?

Each I can but I shouldn’t have to. That slows down my workflow. But thanks for the ideal

• Just to be clear: you'd do this process One time, then save that as your one-shots template for every project going forward (and Save As.. / Rename so as to not overwrite said template).

• Open that sample in an editor. Is looping enabled? If so, then looping is embedded in the WAV file's metadata, and BM3 is just doing what it's being told to.

Not sure why a cymbal sample would have looping enabled (did you enable that option in KitMaker, or did someone forget to disable looping when exporting from their Akai?), but for multi-sampled keyboard instruments, many samples have looping embedded for sustain when using an ADSR envelope, so again, it looks like BM3 is just doing what it's being told to.

• There's apparently an update in the works but I know nothing about what it will bring to the table other than a bit of hope that some niggles may get fixed...

• @Samu said:
    There's apparently an update in the works but I know nothing about what it will bring to the table other than a bit of hope that some niggles may get fixed...

This has been happening for many updates ago so I dought they will be fixing it not enough people complaining I guess

• @Proppa said:
    Just to be clear: you'd do this process One time, then save that as your one-shots template for every project going forward (and Save As.. / Rename so as to not overwrite said template).

The problem is Ive already made all the kits so your method is too late but much appreciated

• Again, looping is embedded in the WAV file's metadata. BM3 is just doing what it's being told to.

• edited September 2020

All my samples default to One Shot, as set in settings.

I think @Sequencer1 is right here. There is something about the way your samples were created that is telling BM3 they should be loaded in hold mode.

Try this experiment..
    Record some audio inside BM3. Open the browser, and drag that audio file to a new empty bank. Then tell us if the audio file loads as one shot (set as the default mode in your settings) or hold.

• edited September 2020

By the way, I’m sure you know this already, but if you enable any of the loop modes then you force BM3 to switch over to HOLD mode.

It’s not possible to use ONE SHOT when any kind of looping is enabled - the two modes are mutually exclusive

• edited September 2020

@Shazamm it’s the one shot samples you’re using that’s getting your default choice changed in BM3. This has nothing to do with BM3.
    And looks like loop mode is enabled.

• Looks like @Sequencer1 and @tk32 already said the same. Check your wave file metadata fam.

• I've not had any issues with this at all...

if the sample file contains loop meta-data it will be used, if not the mode set in the preferences will be used.

One of the reasons the setting is there in the first place is because it's super annoying to accidentally trigger a loooooong one shots and to make it stop one needs to double-tap on the stop button so 'hold mode' is way, way more practical when designing sounds while one-shot is more practical when performing the sound and even then I prefer to latch my fingers on the keys/pads and lift them when I want the sound to stop.

I guess everyone has different preferences...
    (Even the MPC Beats software defaults to using the meta-data in the WAV files, so without loop meta-data its one-shot, with loop metadata it uses the loop and behaves like BM3's 'Hold' mode).

• thanks all for the comments Ive made all these kits in many different ways some from Maschine expansions some from MPC expansions some made with Kit Maker and I always get the same results. I will take you guys advice appreciate the help my IOS fam

• @Shazamm said:
    thanks all for the comments Ive made all these kits in many different ways some from Maschine expansions some from MPC expansions some made with Kit Maker and I always get the same results. I will take you guys advice appreciate the help my IOS fam

If you put some of the samples in a zip on Dropbox, we can test the theory that that the issue is embedded loop markers.

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

One thing to note: Changing the default in settings has no effect on already made kits or on samples already added to kits. It only sets the default used when you're adding new samples.

• @wim said:
    One thing to note: Changing the default in settings has no effect on already made kits or on samples already added to kits. It only sets the default used when you're adding new samples.

got ya thanks

• @Sequencer1 said:
    Again, looping is embedded in the WAV file's metadata. BM3 is just doing what it's being told to.

Taking a backup of a project first and use a batch utility on a PC to remove metadata might help

• edited September 2020

@Korakios said:

@Sequencer1 said:
    Again, looping is embedded in the WAV file's metadata. BM3 is just doing what it's being told to.

Taking a backup of a project first and use a batch utility on a PC to remove metadata might help

That's easy enough to do, but it's revealing when producer folks that used to steal samples and sell them as their own on eBay forgot to do that. Or just don't know.