Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

USB-C port shorting out on Pro. Can’t sustain audio. Can charge if I don’t move the device

I’ve tried multiple chargers. Definitely a physical short when the cable wiggles. No obstructions in the port.

It’s under AppleCare. What do I do? Take it to a store and it disappears for a repair?

Comments

• What did you have plugged into it to get audio?

• Yes. Go to Apple Store. Expect them to take it in for repair and ship when it's better.

Now.... there are scenarios where you start to make a stink in the store and disparage Apple's quality and won't be discrete and you just keep complaining loudly. Waiting an hour while the store is busy certainly helps the theater of the situation. You will walk out with a new unit. "Ask to see the manager" when they try discretely take the unit in for repair.

I find breaking into tears helps versus being loud. This was going to help me battle Early Onset Alzheimer's and I only have a few months left before I can't even play minesweeper.
    A week is very precious to me. You get the idea... cue crocodile tears. Just sob and hug your iPad and sit on the floor near the middle of the store. Someone will swap you if Apple doesn't "do the right thing".

Be sympathetic. I feel your pain. But getting ugly works in their favor. Practice in front of a mirror. Go get 'em champ.

• I hope you're doing this kind of thing as some kind of performance art project in your spare time @McD, sounds like you've got it down!

• @johnfromberkeley With issues like that (or even spots under the glass or similar things) when covered by Apple Care i went to the store. Showed it to the people there and if they had the same device in the store they deleted the old device and gave me a completely new one. They made sure i had the latest Backup at home to restore the data to the new device. They even offered to backup and restore to the new device in the store with the message that this will take some time (as we all know). So my experience with Apple Care (had 2 issues over all my iOS years) is very positive.

Just make sure you have the latest backup at home in case they want to swap the device „on the fly“ as you are in.

• @Gavinski said:
    I hope you're doing this kind of thing as some kind of performance art project in your spare time @McD, sounds like you've got it down!

Seriously... I usually have to restrain my wife. She's goes off on them. I play the good cop.
    She always goes home with a replacement. They did convince her to transfer the data and we hung out for a couple hours and I bought a lot of extra stuff just to help their margins
    for the day: Headphones, adapters, backup drives, MIDI peripherals, cases, and cables...
    just check-out odds and ends. Every 15 minutes I buy something to show good fair and soothe ruffled feathers. "Good cop". I did NOT get a new iPad... but once I got a new iPhone.
    I'm really hoping something breaks again and it's not backed up. After the new iPad is in stock.

If there's room on the credit card, I'm always ready to visit the Apple Store with a complaint.
    With Covid I'm looking at Amazon Refurb deals. Nothing quite right yet.

• it would be worth checking there's no crap in the port. This happened on my phone, it would only charge if propped up by the plug at a certain angle.

I tried blowing it real hard, that didn't work, so followed up a youtube suggestion to have a GENTLE scrape around with a toothpick. I pulled out a little debris, which fixed things. But it's quite an old iPhone, I might have been more hesitant on a new item.

• USB-C ports are a bit more fragile than the Lightning Ports so I guess it's not a matter if but when the USB-C port becomes glitchy :(