Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NS2 just got updated

iOS 14 fixes. In the App Store now.

Comments

• Bit disappointing that there are no additional improvements after all this time.

• Seconds out.....Round 2

• edited September 2020

It says Link updated to 3.1.3 but I can’t find the link Start Stop button, do devs choose whether to implement this? I thought it was just part of the latest version of Link.

Nice to see it being maintained though. 🙂

• @GrimLucky said:
    It says Link updated to 3.1.3 but I can’t find the link Start Stop button, do devs choose whether to implement this? I thought it was just part of the latest version of Link.

Seems like Matt forgot to include this.

• @rs2000 said:

@GrimLucky said:

He probably didn’t forget and it was just an update to the latest SDK.

• @AudioGus said:

@rs2000 said:

@GrimLucky said:

The latest SDK does include start/stop sync.

• edited September 2020

@rs2000 said:

@AudioGus said:

@rs2000 said:

@GrimLucky said:

The latest SDK does include start/stop sync.

Sure. Doesn’t mean he forgot to support that feature.

• Link Enabled:

• Maybe this is the start of the framework for additional features?

• @Svetlovska said:
    Link Enabled:

I guess people need to explicitly ask him to add Link Start/Stop..,unless there are already requests over on the NS2 forum.

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

It has already been requested 'n acknowledged. 'n no, it doesn't automatically get implemented by updatin' th' SDK. 'n aye, that be a good sign that 'tis comin'.

• @wim said:
    It has already been requested 'n acknowledged. 'n no, it doesn't automatically get implemented by updatin' th' SDK. 'n aye, that be a good sign that 'tis comin'.

It's part of the LinkKit: https://ableton.github.io/linkkit/#test-plan

From the test plan:

Start Stop States
    STARTSTOPSTATE-1: Listening to start/stop commands from other peers.
    Open App, set Link and Start Stop Sync to Enabled.
    Open LinkHut, set Link and Start Stop Sync to Enabled and press Play ⇒ App should start playing according to its quantization.
    Stop playback in LinkHut ⇒ App should stop playing.
    STARTSTOPSTATE-2: Sending start/stop commands to other peers.
    Open LinkHut, set Link and Start Stop Sync to Enabled and press Play.
    Open App, set Link and Start Stop Sync to Enabled ⇒ App should not be playing while LinkHut continues playing.
    Start playback in App ⇒ App should join playing according to its quantization.
    Stop playback in App ⇒ App and LinkHut should stop playing.
    Start playback in App ⇒ App and LinkHut should start playing according to their quantizations.

• It's in the SDK, but your app still has to have logic and UI around the mechanisms they provide in order to support the functionality - start / stop for example.

The Link SDK doesn't have any of that so every app that integrates the SDK has to roll their own to do that stuff. The only thing you get for free is the popup toast thing that tells you about other Link-enabled apps. Hope that helps.

• Guys something that really helps the devs is leaving a AppStore review and 5 Star rating. Just updated mine. ❤️❤️❤️👍🏼😌🙏☝️

• Can anyone still see the NS2 folder in the Files app after this update? Mine seems to have disappeared, maybe it’s an iOS14 issue.

• edited September 2020

@GrimLucky said:
    Can anyone still see the NS2 folder in the Files app after this update? Mine seems to have disappeared, maybe it’s an iOS14 issue.

Did you run NS at least once after iOs update ? In case you did and it didn't helped, try backup your projects (ideally using webdav simply copy everything to your computer) , delete NS, install it again and run it - it again appears in Files

Anyway, i think to run NS at least once after update should solve it...

• @dendy said:

@GrimLucky said:
    Can anyone still see the NS2 folder in the Files app after this update? Mine seems to have disappeared, maybe it’s an iOS14 issue.

Did you run NS at least once after iOs update ? In case you did and it didn't helped, try backup your projects (ideally using webdav simply copy everything to your computer) , delete NS, install it again and run it - it again appears in Files

Anyway, i think to run NS at least once after update should solve it...

Thanks for this, I had run it a few times but also just tried a phone restart and it’s showing again now.

• It's just maintenance and iOS issues resolved, true, but it gives hope for more changes in the future. Thanks!

• edited September 2020

I have an odd issue with NS2 update and 7 Plus iOS 13.7 in airplane mode: there is an NS2 message about disabling airplane mode and using WiFi to access data. iPhone home button is then stucked, I have to press power button to disable airplane mode from locked screen. Never noticed this before this update, but I’m not sure to have ever used NS2 in airplane mode.

• @Janosax said:
    I have an odd issue with NS2 update and 7 Plus iOS 13.7 in airplane mode: there is an NS2 message about disabling airplane mode and using WiFi to access data. iPhone home button is then stucked, I have to press power button to disable airplane mode from locked screen. Never noticed this before this update, but I’m not sure to have ever used NS2 in airplane mode.

Could be related to Link...

• @Samu said:

@Janosax said:

Could be related to Link...

Link enabled or disabled in NS2 makes no difference.

• No issue on iPad Air 3 iPadOS 13.4.1 with previous NS2 version.

• No issue on Air 3 with this NS2 update. Perhaps it’s iPhone related, I have to test on my SE too.

• An iOS reboot fixed it, seems like a basic graphic glitch and the pop up was displayed in left corner instead of middle of the screen, now I can tap on OK:

• edited September 2020

this is probably related to more restrictive permissions management in iOS14... i guess it really is because of Link, or maybe because of WebDav server in Nanostudio... Doesn't matter if it is deacrivated, i think it is simply listed in app plist config (config file of application which lists amongst other thing also lost of all resources needed by app for all it's features).

• edited September 2020

Any other apps on iOS14 with that pop up in airplane mode? I don’t like pop ups between me and my music, the more immediate it is the better. I use lot of apps in airplane mode, mostly live apps like AUM or loopers like GTL. I don’t plan to update to iOS14 for a while but will have to do like anybody else here at some time.

• that popup appears just once and then never more (once per app) so don't think it's that bad ;-) Look at it in other perspective - improved level of control what resources of your device are apps using and what not.. that is good thing in my opinion..

• @Janosax said:
    Any other apps on iOS14 with that pop up in airplane mode? I don’t like pop ups between me and my music, the more immediate it is the better. I use lot of apps in airplane mode, mostly live apps like AUM or loopers like GTL. I don’t plan to update to iOS14 for a while but will have to do like anybody else at some time.

The permission pop-ups will pop up here and there also for all apps that use bluetooth for midi etc.
    This will make some users happy since they get notified when bt or wifi/link is used by the apps and can block it.

I'm slowly going thru all the 300+ apps I have installed and enabling BT and Wifi for each of them so I can use them as usual :D

There is to my knowledge no 'enable for all' toggle for Wifi and BT which is good since some apps should just stay put (no need to enable BT for Twitter and FaceBook etc so they can terrorize me on all devices at once that are near by with notifications etc.).

But once enabled things go back to normal...