Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

getting novation circuit tomorrow! OT

i’ve wanted one since my old roommate moved out with his!
finally was able to trade my model samples for one and can’t wait! i already have a couple patch/sample packs ready to load!
who else has one here and do you have any tip / tricks / jams you wanna share

Comments

• congrats !!! had one few years ago, then sold it for other gear but it's amazing instrument, really inspirative, source of powerfull amazimg happy accidents ... since it has microtiming per step and unquantised recording it's sequencer is very comparable to elektron's one

will buy it again right after analog four and analog drums :-))))

i think we definitely need forum section here "offtopic - hw jams" for us with love to magic hardware boxes !

• @dendy that was a big reason for be wanting to get my hands on one, that it doesn’t have to be super 4/4 quantized! i think when it first came out it was? but then some updates down the line sorted that out to what it is now. i’m stoked to jam on one again even tho i barley know anything about how to REALLY use it, so it’ll be fun.
    it seems very inspiring, and i agree i love hardware especially grooveboxs , kinda getting burnt out on my electribe although i’ll always keep it around but i wanted a new approach. a forum gear section would be great honestly. i use ios so much but gear is never bad!

• edited September 2020

@Michael what about new section "HW gear / HW-only jams" ? :-)

maybe we should vote first to avoid complaining about too unrelated stuff ..

• @dendy said:
    @Michael what about new section "HW gear / HW-only jams" ? :-)

maybe we should vote first to avoid complaining about too unrelated stuff ..

i do fear that people would get annoyed, not really sure why but lol
    maybe how the marketplace is, it won’t show on the main feed but you have to go to that section manually. not ideal but if people vote against it that could be the loop hole/ back door 😎 i am american and we have learned that’s the way to do things in this world 🤣 unfortunately but that’s how the people in charge rool

• @reasOne said:

Main thing with the Circuit is getting over that learning curve (which maybe you already have) so you can just flow with muscle memory. Because the Circuit has such a unique workflow it took me a good while to visualize what everything was representing but once that's absorbed it's the limitations of the unit that bring out the magic.

Such a fun box to tuck into.

• @Proppa said:

@reasOne said:

Main thing with the Circuit is getting over that learning curve (which maybe you already have) so you can just flow with muscle memory. Because the Circuit has such a unique workflow it took me a good while to visualize what everything was representing but once that's absorbed it's the limitations of the unit that bring out the magic.

Such a fun box to tuck into.

i’ve really only jammed on it so i’m not sure at all about how to actually program and write a song on it! i probably should watch some basic videos. i assume it’s quite different from the electribe

• tehere is amazinh iPad editor for circuit available as beta , you should definitely check it... somebody posted it here, just search in history...

• I have one and I really like it. I haven’t been using it as much as I used to though. It’s great on it’s own, its great with hardware, and I bought it to sequence my iPad but ended up using it mostly on it’s own or with hardware. It doesn’t record sustain pedal and that is a big downside, but for what it is it’s great.

A tip would be to make sure if you aren’t doing 4/4 to make sure you get the step lengths of all patterns set before you start. You can just set the step length for just one synth and one drum and copy to the rest though, so it’s pretty quick

I used to do some jam videos a couple years back. I should probably get back into recording some jams. Here are a couple. They often start from scratch or maybe a drum beat, so they are sloppy and have a lot of times not much new is going on. Mostly it’s just fiddling around. Here are a couple that were a bit more together than others.

• @dendy said:
    tehere is amazinh iPad editor for circuit available as beta , you should definitely check it... somebody posted it here, just search in history...

found it! thanks dude!

• @DMan yo! watching these jams now, you can jam on those keys man! good stuff. def get back into it. nice tip...and can each synth / drum have its own step length? does it max at like 16 or 64?

• edited September 2020

and can each synth / drum have its own step length? does it max at like 16 or 64?

max 128 steps divided to 8 bars and you can select different number of bars per each track... then within bar you can select number of steps 1..16

you can in realtime choose which bars are looping - just one or any number of continuous bars (for example you can loop bars 3-6 and anytime switch to loop bars 1-8, and so on

• @reasOne said:
    @DMan yo! watching these jams now, you can jam on those keys man! good stuff. def get back into it. nice tip...and can each synth / drum have its own step length? does it max at like 16 or 64?

What was said above but yes each synth and drum channel 1 and 2 can have their own step length. Just know that drum 1 and 2 are on channel 1 and drum 3 and 4 are on drum channel 2.

Also, when you clear a pattern it no longer puts the step length back to default. It used to. One of the patches “fixes” that. For me that was huge because nothing is worse than trying to play in 14, 9, etc steps for everything and then want to clear a pattern and have to reconfigure the length from scratch. Whatever patch it was fixed that, but I suppose for some it could have been a feature they liked.

• Its a great box @reasOne
    I mostly use it as a midi controller for AUM. Its my favourite sequencer by far. The buttons an buttons are brilliant and make this a beauty to get your muscle memory which as others have said make this an amazing tool. Flicking between sequencing, mixing and effects becomes second nature.

My tip would be record automation of the knobs, all those synth parameters, comb filters, crunch bit thingies, pitch, decay. And the drums, record automation on them aswell. So many happy accidents.

Having only 4 drums might seem like a restriction but remember you can assign any sample to any step, It has a name that but it can get you out of that restriction a bit.

I havent programmed the synth much for lack of a nice ipad editor but it seems the latest beta app will remedy that. You have 2 Novation Nova synths

• @reasOne said:
    finally was able to trade my model samples for one and can’t wait! i already have a couple patch/sample packs ready to load!

This channel's tutorials on the Circuit editor was a huge help to me. If you want to dive into those synths then you're going to be using the editor a lot. Check the description of the first vid and there's a link to his, frankly, amazing manual on the editor.

• @reasOne said:

Strangely I’ve just bought a model samples and was thinking of offloading my circuit.
    Pretty sure I’ll keep now though as I’ve just sold my Electribe 2 and Volca Fm to cover the MS purchase.
    It is a great unit and I should use it more.
    I’ve got tons of jams on my YouTube channel.
    None gets more views than this. Not sure why 🤷🏼‍♂️

This is one of my faves too

I think the fact that I didn’t have an up to date computer to create my own sounds for it, stopped me using it. No excuse now because I have one. I will be linking it up with the MS and hopefully the Cycles too in a couple of weeks. They will cover some decent sonic ground together.

• Just buy one this morning too.
    A second hand at 140€
    I try it a few minutes and already like it
    A cool device

• @Jeezs said:
    Just buy one this morning too.
    A second hand at 140€
    I try it a few minutes and already like it
    A cool device

That’s a real bargain!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:
    Love my circuit. I don’t spend an awful lot of time sound designing on it, have tried the new beta app and it does look good.

One thing I find a nuisance is having to use the PC to load samples (if anyone knows of a way to do this using IOS please let me know!).

There’s loads of sound / sample packs out there.

I use it as my sequencer with IOS apps in AUM and cubasis too. Really neat bit of kit. Have a lot of fun!

I'm guessing that you'll be able to use Chrome to load Components with iPad14?

• Great thread. Congrats on your Circuit @reasOne ! They are so much fun. This thread will help me to dig in more. I have a lot to learn.

• @ashh said:

Just tried and the answer is not yet. I think its because until now all browsers had to have the safari engine but maybe that will change. Maybe next chrome update for ios could have this. Heres hoping

• @d4d0ug said:

@ashh said:

@d4d0ug said:
    Love my circuit. I don’t spend an awful lot of time sound designing on it, have tried the new beta app and it does look good.

One thing I find a nuisance is having to use the PC to load samples (if anyone knows of a way to do this using IOS please let me know!).

I use it as my sequencer with IOS apps in AUM and cubasis too. Really neat bit of kit. Have a lot of fun!

Ooooh that will be awesome if that’s the case!!! Thanks for the heads up

as i know, WebMIDI (which is used by Components for communicating with Circuit) is still not available even on iOS14, or it is ???

• @dendy said:

@d4d0ug said:

@ashh said:

@d4d0ug said:

as i know, WebMIDI (which is used by Components for communicating with Circuit) is still not available even on iOS14, or it is ???

Try this one it’s free and may work.
    https://apps.apple.com/fr/app/web-midi-browser/id953846217

• edited September 2020

@Jeezs said:

@dendy said:

@d4d0ug said:

@ashh said:

@d4d0ug said:

Try this one it’s free and may work.
    https://apps.apple.com/fr/app/web-midi-browser/id953846217

Just try it it doesn’t work for me
    The web midi app se the circuit but not when going to https://components.novationmusic.com/
    Arghh!!!

• edited September 2020

@Jeezs

Literally all iOS web browsers are using same renderimg engine like Safari (including Chrome) - they are all just different shells, wrappers, with different user features build on upon same HTML core provided by iOS API (WKWebView or older deprecated UIWebView). As soon as WKWebView engine doesnt support WebMIDI, it's highly unlikely that any iOS browser supports it...0