Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SongKit by Thomas Grapperson.

13»

Comments

• edited October 2020

I may have lead you astray. I don't care about spell checker and prefer it gone to be honest. That was just an example. If I double tap to instert space (or even just start tapping) a full stop is inserted. That is the real problem. Get rid of all shortcuts, spellchecking as far as I am concerned.

I'm not looking for anything complex in the tab editor. If I could select an area and move it to the right/left that would suffice. Or insert a space to move a section along within the bar. At present leaving a space between 2 notes seems to position them well enough to look ok in the song view. Maybe a rest symbol would help but it's not bothering me.

For example. I just wrote a full bar of note information. The 2 x's I put in thinking they were mutes only show up as one. So I don't know what to do. But I was going to try leaving a space between the 2 x's. A lot of work to move everything though as it has to be deleted and rewritten.

The add length to the tab section is a real killer though.

• @Ailerom The spell checker will be an option, so you would be able to deactivate it.

The full stop inserted on double spacing is coming from the system. You should be able to deactivate it in the settings of the device, but I'll think about adding a toggle in the settings of SongKit.

Ideally, you should space chords with spacers, not spaces, but I just realized how convenient it could be to define blank spacers with the space bar. I'll see if I can implement a nice interaction for this.

The tab editor is quite limited right now, like the tabs in the app (that's why they are called "simple tabs" through the app). I've implemented them to handle tabs coming from web import. That's why they are based on text.

I perfectly agree that the tab editor is limited and many things can be improved. Again, proper tabs, with timing and a better input interface are planned for the app too.

The double x could also be a parsing error. If you reach me by mail, we can investigate more swiftly about the issues.

I'm going to rethink this soon while I'm implementing this for the Mac version. I'll think about your suggestion to drag and drop the area on the neck grid.

• @SongKit is there a way to hear the chords ? Sorry if this is a stupid question...

• @cuscolima Not with the current version. This is absolutely planned though.

• @SongKit Forgot to add the most important thing. This is such a great app. I really love working with it. For a demented mind like mine that is a rare thing. Very nice work you've done so far.

• Isn't there a widget for this app. Can't figure how to find or add it.

• @Ailerom Yes there is a widget that shows your last opened songs.
    You can add it like any other widget: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207122

• @SongKit is there a way to hear the chords ? Sorry if this is a stupid question
    @cuscolima Not with the current version. This is absolutely planned though.

I too wondered about this omission.
    Hope it comes soon since I’ve already purchased it and am likely not to refund.

• @SongKit said:
    @Ailerom Yes there is a widget that shows your last opened songs.

I just realised that might only be for iPadOS 14?

• Instabiy along with chord

• Your apps feel uniquely cohesive and intuitive. You can feel all the consideration and thought that has gone into them. I really appreciate that!

• @Ailerom said:

@SongKit said:
    @Ailerom Yes there is a widget that shows your last opened songs.

I just realised that might only be for iPadOS 14?

Indeed, Widgets do require iOS 14.

• @Telstar5 , @gkillmaster
    Thank you so much for your support and kind words. Feel free to reach me by email if you have any suggestion!

I'm currently working on a quick update for the iOS version. It brings ChordPro export and fixes a few bugs.
    The focus remains the Mac version for now and new major features will be added once both iOS and macOS versions are released.