Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GoldWave by GoldWave Inc.

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1480402403

Description:

Take your creativity with you or work wherever you are. GoldWave is a professional digital audio editor you can use on-the-go. It is fully loaded to do everything from the simplest recording and editing to the most sophisticated audio processing, restoration, enhancements, and conversions. It is easy to learn and use.

Play all your favourite songs. Watch real-time visuals. Listen to the audio while fast-forwarding or rewinding. Change the playback speed to hear your music in a whole new way, or to learn a song by ear, or transcribe dictation.

Record new audio. Recording audio through the device's microphones to capture your own music, speeches, or reports. Set a timer to start recording at a certain day and time. Use level activated recording to continue and pause recording automatically whenever the signal is above or below a given level.

Edit audio with all the familiar commands. Includes Cut, Copy, Paste, Trim, Replace, and Overwrite. GoldWave's fast virtual editing means you can slice, dice, and merge large audio files in seconds. Mix and Crossfade songs together with just a few taps. Combine audio for podcasts, radio spots, presentations, or music for dance programs, figure skating, gymnastics, and aerobics.

Analyze audio with real-time visuals. View spectrograms, bar graphs, waveforms, level meters, and other useful graphs. Instantly see any audio problems during recording and playback. Isolate that high pitch whine or low rumble by sight, making filtering much easier. Demonstrate engineering and mathematical concepts, such as filters, Fourier transforms, and signal processing. Analyze human speech, bird song, whale song, engine noise, and other interesting sounds.

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 11.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• I was going to say Goldwave is pretty cool, been beta testing it but had no idea it was going to be pay per save.

Not a subscriptions hater but that is madness.

• Save bundles?!
    Wow this is an interesting concept

• @Jocphone said:
    I was going to say Goldwave is pretty cool, been beta testing it but had no idea it was going to be pay per save.

Not a subscriptions hater but that is madness.

Agreed.

• edited September 2020

Never thought I'd hate a software usage model more than subscription but there you go.

• “Saves Bundle”
    😂

Be very careful not to waste your saves on garbage.

• Wow! Just when you think you've seen it all, madness....

• well, I‘d consider the payment model one of GW‘s stronger features...
    The user interface is a complete failure imho... and it can‘t even loop a selection.
    Spent 10 minutes with it and delivered to trash bin.

• Well it can loop but the feature is quite hidden. I only just found it now.

In Options > Playback you have to enable looping and specify how many times.

The rest of the ui i found reasonably usable but short of inspiring.

• That is kinda crazy but couldn’t you just workaround it, get 100-200 or so then move files to audioshare as needed then delete file in GW

• Not that bad since it’s free and you use as a stopgap then move to audioshare.

• Pay per saves? That's crazy no thank you.

But if I would buy the $45 'Lifetime GoldWave License' for the desktop it says it also Includes Windows, iOS, and Android so the app has to have some kind of 'call home' function to check for the license and that way we would not need the 100 saves IAPs etc?

Cheers!

• I'm surprised that it's up on the Appstore already. IMHO not stable enough for release.

• I wish it would do the Paul stretch. I think I would throw in 100 savegames (maybe that’s enough for a lifetime :)

• Do I get it right, the 'save game' is about how many files one stores inside GoldWave at one time?
    So If I edit a file and move it out no 'save game credits' are in-use?

• @Samu said:
    Do I get it right, the 'save game' is about how many files one stores inside GoldWave at one time?

In that case it wouldn't make sense as business model. I would be surprised. To me it looks like 100% subscription dressed in IAP.

• @Samu said:
    Do I get it right, the 'save game' is about how many files one stores inside GoldWave at one time?

Where on earth did that idea come from? I read it as a bundle of 100 saves is hitting the save/export button that number of times.

• @Jocphone said:

Where on earth did that idea come from? I read it as a bundle of 100 saves is hitting the save/export button that number of times.

There are some apps where you pay for number of 'place holders' (ie. store say 10 presets) and if you want to store more presets you pay more but those 10 presets can be over-written at any time so depending on your need to store presets you pay more. This is quite common practice for some of the photo apps on the App Store and there's one Guitar FX app where you can store 1 preset for free and for more save slots you pay extra...

In this case it could be with 10 saves you can batch process 10 files at one time etc.

• @Samu said:

@Jocphone said:

There are some apps where you pay for number of 'place holders' (ie. store say 10 presets) and if you want to store more presets you pay more but those 10 presets can be over-written at any time so depending on your need to store presets you pay more. This is quite common practice for some of the photo apps on the App Store and there's one Guitar FX app where you can store 1 preset for free and for more save slots you pay extra...

In this case it could be with 10 saves you can batch process 10 files at one time etc.

Ah I see. I guess that is just as feasible.

Was assuming that a save bundle meant the number of saves you had paid for.

There was a nice AI tune generator called Amadeus that decided to charge per save. Shame but it got deleted.

• Yeah, I’m gonna pass on this one dog.

• Un buyable😎 saves bundle. OMG.

• This makes me think back to the days of my Steinberg Sequel free trials in high school. Which brings the question, why is there no Audacity for iOS?

• edited September 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HAHAHA! Pay per save! hahahahaha Fabulous. I gotta hand it to 'em .... A+ for effort.

• My reaction when I saw this new payment model:

• @Max23 said:
    yup. I was right.

@NoiseFloored said:
    My reaction when I saw this new payment model:

😂

• Ah, Come on! It's not that bad! With Autosave on, I only burned through 250 saves in my first session. When I'm out, I can just buy more! :p :D

• @Audiojunkie said:
    Ah, Come on! It's not that bad! With Autosave on, I only burned through 250 saves in my first session. When I'm out, I can just buy more! :p :D

Haha Made my day :)

• This is perhaps the most successful effort to date in recapturing the spirit of windows 95 on iOS.

(I bought 100 saves just like I buy all of Jens’ products.)

• By the way, I don’t actually any of use these products. Just encouraging developers with such passion