Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Animoog on Sale for 9.99

Animoog on sale, don’t know if the expansion packs are on sale too, but they are priced really low as well.

Comments

• Maybe someone doesn’t have it yet?

• I didn’t have it because it’s been 3x the cost of most of the apps I’ve been able to buy. I’m also waiting for nave and a few others to go on sale.

• Yeah I just got it myself. Really hadn't planned on buying it but that price is hard to pass. Especially with the brilliance that is Model D and 15 already in my library.

• @king_picadillo said:
    I didn’t have it because it’s been 3x the cost of most of the apps I’ve been able to buy. I’m also waiting for nave and a few others to go on sale.

Animoog is a must even at full price. At this price is a no brainer. One of the best synths in the app store. No AU though :(. The in-app purchases add more value to this. Enjoy buddy

• Not sure I'd pay full price for Animoog these days as I don't use it enough, but definitely worth $10. Worth a lot more if it had AU3 but that seems unlikely.

• Imagine the people who paid $0.99 upon release. That App was top shelf right out of the gate.

• edited September 2020

Bought this today and spent my lunch break summoning aliens with arcane frequencies

apart from the 4-track recorder, the other IAPs are just for presets right? Some of the names are a bit confusing, not sure if they're offering extra FX or not

• edited September 2020

@drewinnit said:
    Bought this today and spent my lunch break summoning aliens with arcane frequencies

apart from the 4-track recorder, the other IAPs are just for presets right? Some of the names are a bit confusing, not sure if they're offering extra FX or not

The other IAPs are sounds and they are superb . No extra FX , contain some wavecycles :)
    Edit : Forgot about the Midi IAP , it’s just for using Animoog’s keyboard as controller to other synths .

• edited September 2020

@Paul16 said:
    about that Grateful Dead pack tho

Why did they remove it ? One of the best IAPs (if not the best IMO) ....

And some 3d party sounds free&paid
    https://www.animoog.org/database/expansion-packs/

• Probably a licensing thing...

@Korakios said:

@Paul16 said:
    about that Grateful Dead pack tho

Why did they remove it ? One of the best IAPs (if not the best IMO) ....

And some 3d party sounds free&paid

• Yeah the wavepacks are worth while if they're cheap. You can also import your own wave cycles through a hack (not sure if it still works TBH).

• I wonder if the IAP’s are on sale too? They’re only $2 each according to App Store, that seems really low. Maybe @Crawlingwind could verify.

• $2 is worth it. Feel I paid more.

• In-app IAP prices are showing me 2.99, 3.99, and 4.99. How to get the discount?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr either I misremembered or that is the price that was posted under the iap section for the app when I looked it up last night before I bought it.

• I can't remember what I paid for those.

@king_picadillo said:
    I wonder if the IAP’s are on sale too? They’re only $2 each according to App Store, that seems really low. Maybe @Crawlingwind could verify.

• I got them free when there was a glitch with the iPhone version , but for 2$ each I’d grabbed them all. I’m sure they where more expensive

• Regular price of expansion packs

• @Prog1967 said:
    Regular price of expansion packs

Where’s that from the Moog website or somewhere else...

• edited September 2020

@Poppadocrock said:

@Prog1967 said:
    Regular price of expansion packs

Where’s that from the Moog website or somewhere else...

Here

And I remember well paying full price for those. I have the Grateful Dead one because that was my first IAP ever since I started this app collecting streak

Animoog is in my top 5 list, even if is not AU

• So I went back into the app to buy some of the expansions and the prices are definitely higher than what I saw on the App Store yesterday when the sale was first announced. I remember thinking “for $1.99 I can get a few and no biggie if they aren’t great”. Oh well, still decently priced for what you get.

• dont buy abandonware

• @noob said:
    dont buy abandonware

Animoog was updated within the last year. It still works well.

• sry let me rephrase it 'be careful, IAA apps will stop working soon'

• @noob said:
    sry let me rephrase it 'be careful, IAA apps will stop working soon'

Hopefully they will still work in Audiobus. My guess is that Moog will at least invest that much.

• That was my question, once IAA is deprecated, will Audiobus still work for those apps?

• @noob said:
    sry let me rephrase it 'be careful, IAA apps will stop working soon'

I still have the very first iPad, now ~10 years old. It runs Animoog.

• Is it worth getting the actual Animoog, if I already have Animoog for iPhone? I mean, it works on my iPad, and I'm not picky on the size difference. Plus I needed the iPhone version because I use it with my Artiphon Instrument One.

• @king_picadillo said:
    That was my question, once IAA is deprecated, will Audiobus still work for those apps?

I understand that's the plan, but clearly it depends on cooperation and work by a number of parties.

That said, even if zombie IAA never comes to pass, you will still easily get $10 worth of joy out of Animoog before it dies.