Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Did Stagelight keep their word?

When Stagelight sold their ultimate unlock for $150 on Black Friday they promised free monthly sample packs for a year.. They didn’t keep their promise. I remember two or three.. Thats it. And they weren’t that great. Now if Roland wanted to they could add SoundCloud and whatever else that synth part of it is called and really make it good. But I feel we got shafted on the original purchase .

Comments

• Send me 150€ and I promise I’ll give 1500€ next year ,

I think you got the point :)

Roland doesn’t offer sample packs ,but instruments that currently seems to be impossible to run on iOS . So don’t expect much , try to enjoy the app which (slowly) gets better and maybe until the end of the year we’ll see more , or a paid upgrade :p

But I BM3 you ....

• There’s no such thing as a Stagelight promise any more. They don’t exist.

That said, when a company acquires another I believe they inherit any contractural obligations. Roland should honor those.

Are you sure about the packs though? It seems to me like there’s substantially more stuff there then there was when I bought Stagelight.

• I purchased a Lifetime Gym Membership once... then the gym changed ownership and
    all contracts were voided. Lifetime always means the "life" of the company and not the customer. StageLight sold their assets (us included in a sense) to Roland. Roland bought the Stagelight team and didn't really get us but they opened the door to follow the software to its new home. I'm happier with Roland than I was with the new Gym owner (Bally... the pin-ball machine company). ZenBeats is pretty good they tell me. It's my #3 DAW on my Mac too.

I'm rooting for an IOS Roland Cloud. Those synths are amazing.

• I mean before Roland bought them out . There was the GOA sample pack and the hip hop drums one bit not much else .

• McDMcD
    edited September 2020

There's another thread that contrasts the difference between "intention" and "reality".

The fact that the StageLight folks sold their company usually indicates they really hoped to make a buck. I know I did when I was a working stiff. It impacted everything I did. I had intentions of doing a lot of things but reality often intruded.

The terms of the Roland acquisition might enforce a requirement to stay in their development roles for some period of time to get precise benefits. It's not usual for an acquired team to hang on until the terms have been met and then leave to start another company ripe for acquisition. It's Roland's task to keep the team happy and productive with incentives.

There's a team at Cisco that has left and starts new start-ups 4 times... it's at the point where the CEO just negotiates an investment deal up front when they leave because they keep inventing the next big thing for Cisco.