Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rivera s120+rivera rockcrusher recording demo.what differences can you hear compared to amp sims?

edited September 2020 in Creations

I use my luke,adverb2,AUM,and an apogee quartet.
I won’t tell you now,what i think.
I will wait on your comments.
Ps:i never use my volume pot on this demo.

Comments

• @flo26 : this is the direct out from the amp into your apogee rather your amp mic’ed into the Apogee?

• @espiegel123 said:
    @flo26 : this is the direct out from the amp into your apogee rather your amp mic’ed into the Apogee?

One other question: are you using your fingers rather than a pick?

p.s. Great playing

• @espiegel123 said:
    @flo26 : this is the direct out from the amp into your apogee rather your amp mic’ed into the Apogee?

The signal goes from the amp to the rockcrusher and from the rockcrusher into the apogee.
    Here is a link to know more about the rivera rockcrusher recording: http://www.rivera.com/product/attenuators-cab-sims/rockcrusher-recording/
    I use fingers and pick.

• @flo26: do you have a mic that you could use to mic the amp to hear a comparison? I've found that as good as the best load boxes are, their direct signals tend not to do the amp+cabinet justice particularly with great amps.

• edited September 2020

@espiegel123 said:
    @flo26: do you have a mic that you could use to mic the amp to hear a comparison? I've found that as good as the best load boxes are, their direct signals tend not to do the amp+cabinet justice particularly with great amps.

This one does.
    This thing is fantastic!
    I have had other load boxes that really did sound bad😉.
    I don’t have any mic and that’s a good thing because i have neighbours and the rivera is particularly powerful😉.

• Beautiful playing as always @flo26 - what's the music?

• @pbelgium said:
    Beautiful playing as always @flo26 - what's the music?

Improvisation😉.
    Thanks a lot.

• The range of tones without changing the guitars volume indicates a huge amount of
    distortion can be induced by your hands and the attack of the notes. Then you back off and it goes clean. I'm also assuming you didn't change channels on the amp to switch from clean to lead or something like that to give increased tonal variations. Is that the case?

• No channel switching involved here😉’
    I use what i call a huge crunch sound in this demo’
    It may surprise you,but i don’t use hi gain sounds a lot.
    I like when the sounds remains expressive and with a lot of dynamic range which is hard with real hi gain stuff.

• McDMcD
    edited September 2020

Have you found any Amp Sims that also provide a huge crunch capability?
    (I suspect this forum communication has really improved your english reading and writing).

• edited September 2020

@McD said:
    (I suspect this forum communication has really improved your english reading and writing).

The lynch have great crunches.
    To be fair,most of their amp sims excell at this.
    Oh,their dumble sims are not that great.way too compressed.It sounds completely unnatural to my ears.

• @flo26 said:

@McD said:

Oh,their dumble sims are not that great.way too compressed.It sounds completely unnatural to my ears.

In your opinion, which of the TH-U sims or rigs are most touch responsive in terms of ability to go from clean to sweet distortion with touch alone without needing to fiddle with guitar volume knob?

• @espiegel123 said:

@flo26 said:

@McD said:

In your opinion, which of the TH-U sims or rigs are most touch responsive in terms of ability to go from clean to sweet distortion with touch alone without needing to fiddle with guitar volume knob?

It depends on how you play and how set-up the amps.
    Lynch amps are really good at this as is their carolina amp.
    This last one is really good sounding.

• But i would like to add that at this game,none amp sim can beat a real amp for now.

• @flo26 said:
    But i would like to add that at this game,none amp sim can beat a real amp for now.

For sure. If you had only Lynchbox sim, Carolina sim or Tone Impera rig and work looking for touch responsiveness of the distortion (clean to dirty just using playing dynamics) which would you get?

• @espiegel123 ,
    Are you more a marhall or fender kinda guy?

• @flo26 said:
    @espiegel123 ,
    Are you more a marhall or fender kinda guy?

Fender is such a broad category. I like amps like a Tweed Deluxe or early Mesas (which were Kind of hot-rodded Fenders) where you can get from clean to pretty raspy distortion (that a twin can’t do). But I also liked the pre master volume Marshall a friend had in high school (maybe a late 60s plexi?) but that amp only distorted when it was at ear-splitting volumes.

• If i had to choose,i would surely choose the lynch amps (the whole lot😉.)

• edited September 2020

@espiegel123

There are 13 LynchBox amps so that’s $65 ala carte without any cabinets, and the All Amps and Cabs Bundle is $75 total. Just one amp or bundle or rig to complement the free demo makes sense, but I went in full right away because I saw no point in ala carte. Overloud should really offer more specialized bundles, like a licensed all LynchBox amps/cab bundle, or all the Brunettis as a bundle, all native Overlouds bundle, all Tweeds, etc.. They really want you to get it all and think it’s a “savings”. The all fx for $23 is a great value though.

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:
    @espiegel123

There are 13 LynchBox amps so that’s $65 ala carte without any cabinets, and the All Amps and Cabs Bundle is $75 total. Just one amp or bundle or rig to complement the free demo makes sense, but I went in full right away because I saw no point in ala carte. Overloud should really offer more specialized bundles, like a licensed all LynchBox amps/cab bundle, or all the Brunettis as a bundle, all native Overlouds bundle, all Tweeds, etc.. They really want you to get it all and think it’s a “savings”. The all fx for $23 is a great value though.

I think the All FX is a must have since TH-U is an AUv3 app.
    I think the All Amps for $75 is the right add-on.
    If you have to have the distortion/overdrive stomps you can get some of the best with the
    Funk & R&B or Rock or Metal bundles for $18 or all of them for $25.

But for anyone that knows they will want it all the $110 everything makes great sense.
    Ay no time does any bundles provide a discount from the $110 pricing so you don't recoup
    that investment so the alternative path at $125 total is the best option.

Then the craving for the Choptones Rigs hits you and it's $18-25 a pop for more guitar bliss.

OverLoud shows no sign yet of IOS discounts. Black Friday will tell. It's only 10 weeks away.
    To tip a toe in the water get one of the "Style Bundles" (Funk, Rock or Metal). You'll be busy playing with the toys and will only buy more because the "high" is compelling. For $18 you get a lot more than you will from 2 Nembrini's on sale. GE Labs however is the best deal going for the budget conscious. Free really with dozens of amps, rigs and FX. Free so you'll upgrade to their hardware for $500. Don't and you win. But $18 is a fair price for guitar bliss.