Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 14

Comments

• @quartzite said:
    There is some info on this in the thread, but supposedly there is a bug for AUM with iOS 14 causing AUv3s to "not recall saved state or presets". Its on the iOS end so until that gets fixed by Apple...

This bug affects more than just AUM preset recall.

• @espiegel123 said:

@quartzite said:
    There is some info on this in the thread, but supposedly there is a bug for AUM with iOS 14 causing AUv3s to "not recall saved state or presets". Its on the iOS end so until that gets fixed by Apple...

This bug affects more than just AUM preset recall.

Yes, it is the same for every host that uses the method they are supposed to use for getting the state from the AU. It seems to hit every AU that uses the base implementation of state saving that is in the Apple library/framework for AU's. It could be different for those AU's that use the Swift version of the interface. I haven't tested this though because all of my AU's use the Objective-C API for the host-AU interactions.

I think it would be a good idea for users to report the issue to Apple through the feedback assistant (https://feedbackassistant.apple.com), especially for anyone who is in the beta program because it is still happening in the current beta of iOS and iPadOS.

• AUM "hackaround" patch hehe nice @j_liljedahl

• Email from Positive Grid - says iOS 14 compatibility issues do not update, if you want to keep using any positive grid apps

• @NeonSilicon said:
    I think it would be a good idea for users to report the issue to Apple through the feedback assistant (https://feedbackassistant.apple.com), especially for anyone who is in the beta program because it is still happening in the current beta of iOS and iPadOS.

Excellent advice! It would really help drive attention to these issues within Apple. Although it may often seem like a black box (usually no feedback at all), these reports make a difference, especially when they accumulate in one area.

• they Apple,dont give a cht about this little forum

• edited September 2020

@BradHowes said:

@NeonSilicon said:

Excellent advice! It would really help drive attention to these issues within Apple. Although it may often seem like a black box (usually no feedback at all), these reports make a difference, especially when they accumulate in one area.

The feedback assistant is the wrong place for public release users. That is for the Beta. If you aren’t on the beta don’t go there. Go to apple.com/feedback.

Id say reports make a difference at some point. Now we can use external files to a certain capacity and you can stop the iOS software update from downloading now, while it used to download and pester you afterward. Now you can stop that.

• @DMan said:

@BradHowes said:

@NeonSilicon said:

The feedback assistant is the wrong place for public release users. That is for the Beta. If you aren’t on the beta don’t go there. Go to apple.com/feedback.

Id say reports make a difference at some point. Now we can use external files to a certain capacity and you can stop the iOS software update from downloading now, while it used to download and pester you afterward. Now you can stop that.

Yeah, sorry about being confusing on this point. The feedback assistant is for developers. If you aren't a developer and you want to report issues through the feedback assistant, you need to be in the beta program (as referenced at the bottom of this page, https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/).

I'm suggesting using the feedback assistant because the issue is ongoing in the current beta releases. So, if you are in the beta program and the bug is happening to you, please report the issue to Apple.

• edited September 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @wiLtroniqué said:

@anickt said:
    After I do an update I go through Settings and make sure everything is where I want it. It takes 2 minutes. Blaming Apple for everything? Please...

+1

BTW - after the iOS 14 update all of my settings were intact. 🤷🏽‍♂️

• edited September 2020

feedback/bug reports works great with our little pond of iOS music apps developers, for iOS in general (Apple) forget it, waste of time. But then again we could all go full John Lennon and start a movement

• @noob said:
    feedback/bug reports works great with our little pond of iOS music apps developers, for iOS in general (Apple) forget it, waste of time

Not a waste of time. People mistakenly think that if a bug they report isn’t fixed that no one is paying attention. That simply isn’t the case.

Bug reports do influence things but it may require lots of reports to rise to the level of being investigated. And once investigated, issues het prioritized and your pet bug may or may not end up being one that gets addressed. There are always more issues than resources to fix them.

I have been a part of that process in the past and know people involved in that loop.

Reporting issues is not a guarantee NOT reporting them guarantees that they won’t be considered.

p.s. The number of people reporting issues matters, too.

• edited September 2020

who are "they"? nvm, just saying Let Steinberg , Korg etc report to Apple aka the reports from us, users, thats the only way to get through. 2 cents

• iOS 14.0.1 is out today. But I assume we're still waiting for the needed AUv3 fixes.

• edited September 2020

All my Fabfilter and TB apps updated with the hackaround, now they open fine with GUI showing

• @noob said:
    All my Fabfilter and TB apps updated with the hackaround, now they open fine with GUI showing

I'm having hard time to show the GUI in stand-alone for Pro-R and Pro-Q3 all the others work and they work fine as AUv3.
    ...so no biggie just an observation. iPad Air 2, iPadOS14...

• ah thats true just saw it but why use it in standalone? its a plugin :D

• @noob said:
    who are "they"? nvm, just saying Let Steinberg , Korg etc report to Apple aka the reports from us, users, thats the only way to get through. 2 cents

It's a mistake to think that Apple hears from or counts a bug report from any developer more than one tick on the their bug reporting system. The public betas are supposed to be used by Apple to identify where bugs are that are not being seen by the developers at Apple or external to Apple.

It certainly is important for users to contact the devs of the apps. I was first alerted to the problem by a user reporting it to me, so I was able to file a bug with Apple pretty early.

The other thing to consider is that the big devs may not see the bug at all. This one as an example depends on how preset handling was done. If the developer used Apple's default implementation, it fails now. Bigger houses with cross platform apps are much more likely to be using their own methods for state handling and presets. So, waiting for places like Korg and Steinberg to report a bug may mean it never gets reported.

If you are on the public betas, it's in your interest to use the opportunity to report issues to Apple. It will help Apple too, just like it helps me when someone contacts me a lets me know about an issue.

• edited September 2020

But are you sure or hoping? Forums like this and bug report(s) to app dev(s) - the way to go imho.
    Im 99% sure Apple dont give a cht if I send in a bug report. Wish they would tho

• edited September 2020

@Samu said:

@noob said:

I'm having hard time to show the GUI in stand-alone for Pro-R and Pro-Q3 all the others work and they work fine as AUv3.
    ...so no biggie just an observation. iPad Air 2, iPadOS14...

confirmed! all FF apps apart from Pro-R and Q3 works in standalone .
    Now its time to** send a bug report** to Fabfilter :#

• @noob said:
    But are you sure or hoping? Forums like this and bug report(s) to app dev(s) - the way to go imho.
    Im 99% sure Apple dont give a cht if I send in a bug report. Wish they would tho

I'm 100% sure that 50000 of you count more than 1 of me.

• edited September 2020

Its a business relationship you have with Apple, they will choose devs first. I think.
    But forget thos chatter, focus on iOS14 reports in this thread

• @noob said:

You should report both to Apple and the developer.

Reports here count for nothing.

Despite your belief that Apple doesn't care about the but reports. That isn't true. (I know people that work in the part of the organization that assess bugs).

I think it is very hard for people who haven't been part of an organization that develops extremely complex software (operating systems are so much more complicated than most people imagine) that serves hundreds of millions of customers to understand that scale of the issue: tracking and addressing all the reports that come in.

It is unfortunately true that a lot of bugs will be reported and won't get fixed or might not even make it into the pipeline for consideration (due to someone not taking the time to explore the problem -- usually because they don't understand why it would matter.)

When you report to both Apple and a developer, you increase the chance that when someone gets Apple's attention -- they will see that "oh, crap, a whole bunch of people have reported that."

A lot of bugs, sadly, just won't be addressed because someone decides (and their judgment may be flawed) that it isn't a high enough priority (since there literally aren't enough programmers to address every reported bug). But for there to be a chance that it gets fixed you have to report it.

• we can start requesting refunds in masses for apps not working as advertised, that'll bring attention :)

• iPadOS 14.0.1 is out now

• @White said:
    iPadOS 14.0.1 is out now

My devices are waiting to update but I doubt AUv3 fixes made it to this update...

• @Samu iknow why Q3 and Pro-R not working as they should- they are the ones not updated of the Fab apps

• @noob said:
    @Samu iknow why Q3 and Pro-R not working as they should- they are the ones not updated of the Fab apps

Good spotting, I thought all of them were updated when I looked at the list :D

• Well, Studiomux is broken with this update..

• edited September 2020

mm... Studiomux last update was 2 years ago... we will probably see more older (not updated in years) apps stop working. IAA soon too. Better jump ship, ditch the old junk and find new apps that dont got cobwebs. Or stay at 12 or 13 and freeze the ipad from updating.