Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 14

Comments

• After I do an update I go through Settings and make sure everything is where I want it. It takes 2 minutes. Blaming Apple for everything? Please...

• Don’t forget you can protect your device from any update or notification by installing TVOS13 beta profile, like next year for iOS12. Works perfectly:

https://betaprofiles.com/

• @noob said:
    Here we go

To be fair that looks like a pretty essential update for Pencil users

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:
    Really cool new feature in iOS14 is “Watch While you Work”. Kind of like a picture-in-picture but more useful, essentially you can now play any video from YouTube or any other video app, or transfer your camera roll videos to something like Documents app, and have it playing in a small window on your screen while you work in a music app or record music. So you can record tracks on top of or jam along to any video playing. I wonder in how many useful ways this feature could be implemented in iOS production. Just off the top of my head, I could record music on top of music videos, work inside a music app while watching a tutorial, I could video capture from my device while playing music and a video, or I could compose or record music to a video as if scoring a film etc... seems useful and possibly a more streamlined way of achieving certain things.

personally, I'd file this new > @Janosax said:

Don’t forget you can protect your device from any update or notification by installing TVOS13 beta profile, like next year for iOS12. Works perfectly:

Or - as long as wifi is turned off when your iPad Is plugged In charging - you’ll never get an update downloaded. I only turn my iPad wifi on to grab an email or download/update apps - never had an update download in the past several years.

• @Halftone said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:
    Really cool new feature in iOS14 is “Watch While you Work”. Kind of like a picture-in-picture but more useful, essentially you can now play any video from YouTube or any other video app, or transfer your camera roll videos to something like Documents app, and have it playing in a small window on your screen while you work in a music app or record music. So you can record tracks on top of or jam along to any video playing. I wonder in how many useful ways this feature could be implemented in iOS production. Just off the top of my head, I could record music on top of music videos, work inside a music app while watching a tutorial, I could video capture from my device while playing music and a video, or I could compose or record music to a video as if scoring a film etc... seems useful and possibly a more streamlined way of achieving certain things.

personally, I'd file this new > @Janosax said:

Don’t forget you can protect your device from any update or notification by installing TVOS13 beta profile, like next year for iOS12. Works perfectly:

Or - as long as wifi is turned off when your iPad Is plugged In charging - you’ll never get an update downloaded. I only turn my iPad wifi on to grab an email or download/update apps - never had an update download in the past several years.

+1. Main purpose of TVOS profile method is to get rid of any update daily reminder or red dot notification on settings app. This can happen just by looking if an update is available in settings.

• Has anyone checked to see if maybe IDAM can be used to send audio from MacOS to an iPad?

I can hope, right?

• edited September 2020

@SevenSystems said:
    Random moans from a disgruntled developer who had to download the new XCode 3 times because first time: App Store bug, downloaded wrong version; second time: Safari download aborted at 95% due to "Network connection was lost", with no way to resume -- that's a mere 18 Gigabytes (15 Euros on my metered rural mobile broadband connection) down the drain 😉:

• Status bar still shows wrong signal indicators etc. all the time (bug exists since iOS 13)
    • Mail app got even slower and buggier, while retaining all previous iOS 13 bugs
    • You're constantly interrupted by an even bigger avalanche of intrusive privacy alert dialogs
    • Everything looks even more childish, rounder and bigger

Did I miss anything? 😆 (sorry, take it with a grain of salt!)

That’s an unfortunate Xequence of events! But we still love you here at Audiobus. 🚎

• @SevenSystems said:
    Random moans from a disgruntled developer who had to download the new XCode 3 times because first time: App Store bug, downloaded wrong version; second time: Safari download aborted at 95% due to "Network connection was lost", with no way to resume -- that's a mere 18 Gigabytes (15 Euros on my metered rural mobile broadband connection) down the drain 😉:

• Status bar still shows wrong signal indicators etc. all the time (bug exists since iOS 13)
    • Mail app got even slower and buggier, while retaining all previous iOS 13 bugs
    • You're constantly interrupted by an even bigger avalanche of intrusive privacy alert dialogs
    • Everything looks even more childish, rounder and bigger

Did I miss anything? 😆 (sorry, take it with a grain of salt!)

I started Xcode update via the Mac App Store. Three hours later it was still at 1%. and I have HUGE internet bandwidth and live 20 miles from Cupertino, so it sure ain't the internet's fault. :D

If I was a developer needing to get a bug fix out for an OS update that shipped with very little advance notice and broke because of things that Apple "left out" of the release ... I'd be furious. I can comfort myself that I haven't even manage to figure out how to get my first app running yet. B)

• Updating any machine you use for production on the first official release date is asking for problems.

• edited September 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited September 2020

@Max23 said:
    does scribble work if you write in any other language than English?
    anyone tried?

somewhat outdated but ...
    https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2020/06/ipados-14-introduces-new-features-designed-specifically-for-ipad/

Scribble will initially offer support for English, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, and mixed Chinese and English, so users can write English and Chinese words together without needing to switch languages.

They're unlikely to add more languages. In fact, they plan on removing English soon, when it's no longer needed. ☢️

• edited September 2020

@papertiger said:
    Has anyone checked to see if maybe IDAM can be used to send audio from MacOS to an iPad?

I can hope, right?

I got tired of waiting and picked up an RME digiface:
    https://www.rme-audio.de/digiface-usb.html

And a bunch of usbstreamers:
    https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/usbstreamer-box?lang=en&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-YmZkvLx6wIVGUWGCh1D4AS-EAQYASABEgL5N_D_BwE

It’s a $1k feature if iOS14 can do it...

• @nerVe said:

@papertiger said:
    Has anyone checked to see if maybe IDAM can be used to send audio from MacOS to an iPad?

I can hope, right?

That would require a MacOS update as well. So, I’m sure not without even trying it.

• Haven't followed most of this thread, so sorry if I'm asking sth that came up previously. I updated one of my devices just now. But I don't find that my device is behaving as it is supposed to. For example, if I press on the hone screen I don't get the '+' sign appearing that is supposed to pop up to allow you to add widgets. And if I scroll through all my home screen pages to the last one and beyond, no app library appears as it should. Anyone know what the heck is going on here?

• @Gavinski is it an ipad? Those two features are for iOS only, not iPadOS

• edited September 2020

Not sure on your device but App Library is iPhone only I think?

• Ah! Damn, OK, yeah it's an ipad. Widgets are there for ipad, by the way. I can get widgets, just no + button appears, you need to add them a different way, by

Why would app library be added to iOS but not ipadOS I wonder?

Just noticed icons are not displaying correctly for apps in aum. I tried three apps already, they all loaded, but their icons appear as just a grey circle. Burns Resonator appears as a grey circle with 'res' in the middle, but Ting, for example, doesn't even have a name. Avoid this update like the plague if you are an aum user.... Glad I only did it on a device I rarely use.

• @Gavinski said:
    Ah! Damn, OK, yeah it's an ipad. Widgets are there for ipad, by the way. I can get widgets, just no + button appears, you need to add them a different way, by swiping right from 1st page of honescreen.

Why would app library be added to iOS but not ipadOS I wonder?

Just noticed icons are not displaying correctly for apps in aum. I tried three apps already, they all loaded, but their icons appear as just a grey circle. Burns Resonator appears as a grey circle with 'res' in the middle, but Ting, for example, doesn't even have a name. Avoid this update like the plague if you are an aum user.... Glad I only did it on a device I rarely use.

• AU icons are magically appearing in aum now. Presets in zeeon still broken.

• After reading some of the comments suggesting to install 13.7 before iPad OS14 is the only option.. i went to my iPad and saw a notification saying 13.7 will install tonight. But then in Settings my only option is to download and install 14.
    ..either 13.7 is already downloaded or the i missed the window ..

• My Korg Air keyboard no longer pairs with my iOS devices that are on ios14

• @BitterGums said:
    After reading some of the comments suggesting to install 13.7 before iPad OS14 is the only option.. i went to my iPad and saw a notification saying 13.7 will install tonight. But then in Settings my only option is to download and install 14.
    ..either 13.7 is already downloaded or the i missed the window ..

Tap on About to find out...

• @cyberheater said:
    My Korg Air keyboard no longer pairs with my iOS devices that are on ios14

What version were the devices on before? IOS 13 broke Korg BT pairing, but they eventually released firmware updates that fixed at least the Nano series products. If you were on 12 maybe a firmware update will help.

• @wim said:

@cyberheater said:
    My Korg Air keyboard no longer pairs with my iOS devices that are on ios14

What version were the devices on before? IOS 13 broke Korg BT pairing, but they eventually released firmware updates that fixed at least the Nano series products. If you were on 12 maybe a firmware update will help.

I think 13.7. It was working fine on that.

• Well, when 13 broke the Korg stuff, as long as they were still paired, they would still work, but if the pairing was lost, they wouldn’t pair again. If it isn’t not on the latest firmware, an update should fix it, hopefully.

• Having issues with the AppStore.
    Everything loads fine and looks ok, but it’s not letting me download or purchase anything.

• @SevenSystems said:
    Random moans from a disgruntled developer

I feel your pain! I wasn't able to download Xcode 12 until after iOS 14 was released...

There are some really weird irritating UI changes in Xcode too, but the thing that stood out for me is that's it's now at 30GB (installed). How long before Xcode starts shipping on its own drive? :neutral:

• @Gavinski said:
    AU icons are magically appearing in aum now. Presets in zeeon still broken.

Not for me... :/

• Yikes. I have no idea how they suddenly appeared, nothing was changed or updated and yet they were suddenly normal again. So strange... @lasselu

• @moodscaper said:

@SevenSystems said:
    Random moans from a disgruntled developer

I feel your pain! I wasn't able to download Xcode 12 until after iOS 14 was released...

There are some really weird irritating UI changes in Xcode too, but the thing that stood out for me is that's it's now at 30GB (installed). How long before Xcode starts shipping on its own drive? :neutral:

Fortunately, I use my own IDE so I don't have to use Xcode for anything apart from deploying to device during development and publishing to the App Store (which makes the whole 30 GB install even more ludicrous 😆). I do use the simulators the odd time... but holy hell, I did wonder yesterday why Xcode isn't available as a boxed copy in Walmart, because that'd definitely be easier and cheaper.

11 GB for a friggin' IDE just doesn't work for me. 11 MB would already be large (I grew up on the C64).

YES I KNOW it includes all the frigging simulators including complete iOS installs and documentation and blablabla, but why the HELL aren't those OPTIONAL?