Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 14

Comments

• This is it? Some new home screen widgets? Boo

• Did you want home screen emojis as well..?

• Upgraded today, working fine, all apps are doing the same thing they did before on iPad Pro and iPhone Pro. I don't use AUM and only run apps standalone though.

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@horsetrainer said:
    I have my 5th and 6th gen iPads both running 13.7 currently.
    I think I'll wait a few weeks on 14 to see if there are many complaints about it. At that time I'll upgrade one iPad first to verify that all my most treasured Apps still function as they should.

In my experience, a month or more is safer. Some things just don't seem to flush out as quickly as you'd expect. There ain't nothin' in 14 that anyone really needs anyway.

• All I can say that the person who 'designed' the Applibrary needs to have a brain checkup...
    Things end up anywhere without any kind of logic and don't even follow the App Store Categories like WTF!

These kind of things should have been sorted out during beta but it's just painfully obvious that the majority of testers just wanted an early look on what's cooking...

• Just a reminder, now is a great time to (re) check auto update preferences. I’m not sure when it came in, but I noticed on 13.7 there is now an option to block downloads in addition to installs. That’s good news for anyone with limited space on their device.

I’m not sure, but I think Apple reset my auto update preferences somewhere along the line, because mine were set to on and I’m pretty sure they were off before.

• ios 14 is nice!

• @wim said:
    Just a reminder, now is a great time to (re) check auto update preferences. I’m not sure when it came in, but I noticed on 13.7 there is now an option to block downloads in addition to installs. That’s good news for anyone with limited space on their device.

I’m not sure, but I think Apple reset my auto update preferences somewhere along the line, because mine were set to on and I’m pretty sure they were off before.

Same, auto update popped on in 13.6. Sneaky basterds.

• I'm liking the seamless connection of AirPods between devices. Nice.

• @wim said:
    Just a reminder, now is a great time to (re) check auto update preferences. I’m not sure when it came in, but I noticed on 13.7 there is now an option to block downloads in addition to installs. That’s good news for anyone with limited space on their device.

Thanks for pointing this out, would've missed it and it's probably the most important addition

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Paa89 said:
    I’ve been using the betas on my iPad Pro 11 2018 and iPhone XR.
    All music Apps I have work without issues, even though they have not been updated to iPadOS.

I hope you have a lot music apps on your iPad.

I do have lots of apps.
    Mainly
    Cubasis 2 and 3
    Beatmaker 3
    Zenbeats
    Garage band.
    For other apps please ask

@rs2000 said:

@Paa89 said:
    I’ve been using the betas on my iPad Pro 11 2018 and iPhone XR.
    All music Apps I have work without issues, even though they have not been updated to iPadOS.

Including AUM?

Dont have AuM yet, but considering to add that to my collection.

• I've not seen any resetting of automatic updates on my devices so far, most annoying thing is Apple still won't let you download over your contract data plan, which I want to do with my iphone, still got to be connected to wifi. Although you can do it with other devices tethered to your iphone, so it's a setting which you should be able to bypass.

• Was trying to access app library on ipad but it's not there, why is it iphone only?

• edited September 2020

I can confirm (see blip street post), IAP downloads broken compromised in iOS 14...

Not sure why yet. . I know why. Facepalm emoji...

On the upside, I'm lucky I didn't get my moodunits 1.3 update out before iOS 14 was (without any notice to devs...) released.

• @Carnbot said:
    Was trying to access app library on ipad but it's not there, why is it iphone only?

It's iPhone only for now and the 'categories' it uses are a complete mess. How on earth can all the 'creative' music apps end up under 'Entertainment'. The App Library should at least somewhat match the categories on the AppStore but that seems to be logically a too advanced for some of the loonies working at Apple...

• edited September 2020

Bleass Delay is not working on iOS14 (inside AUM, iPad Pro 12“ 3rd gen) - will load up as failed (red) wen added new or reloaded from an AUM session. Anyone can confirm? ( @bleassapp )

• @Samu said:

@Carnbot said:
    Was trying to access app library on ipad but it's not there, why is it iphone only?

It's iPhone only for now and the 'categories' it uses are a complete mess. How on earth can all the 'creative' music apps end up under 'Entertainment'. The App Library should at least somewhat match the categories on the AppStore but that seems to be logically a too advanced for some of the loonies working at Apple...

Yeah I guess it'll be improved over time, I don't see why it can't be better straight a way though :/

• @Carnbot said:

Yeah I guess it'll be improved over time, I don't see why it can't be better straight a way though :/

I strongly suspect non of the beta-testers bothered to report it...

Each app is already tagged with a category when downloaded from the AppStore so those tags could have been used to create the folders in the AppLibrary but no, some 'nut-job' had to re-invent the way apps are categorized...

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Bleass Delay is not working on iOS14 (inside AUM, iPad Pro 12“ 3rd gen) - will load up as failed (red) wen added new or reloaded from an AUM session. Anyone can confirm? ( @bleassapp )

I can confirm this happens to me too...

• definitely a bit buggy too, some of the widgets aren't resizing properly each time, think I'm holding off updating on other devices for a while, nothing much going on here.

• edited September 2020

no problem here with bleass delay on iphone 11 pro @enkaytee @MrBlaschke

in aum, nor cubasis 3

• Could anyone please make a stress testing AU season on hosts including

-64 buffer (very useful for using ipad as external FX machine)

before updating ?

• Updating my iPhone XR this morning. Will report later.

• @mlau said:
    no problem here with bleass delay on iphone 11 pro @enkaytee @MrBlaschke
    in aum, nor cubasis 3

@mlau Interesting. Tested on my iPhone 8plus, too, to make sure it is not the iPad (12“ 3rd gen). Can reproduce anytime also on iPhone.
    We‘ll see how it goes :smile: I left my main music iPad (12“ 2nd gen) on 13.7 to keep it working.

• is impc pro 2 working on phone or ipad for people? was going to pick up the iphone version today and just use it on my ipad too

• edited September 2020

@MrBlaschke same here, 13.7 is great, am in no rush ... just tried on the phone and for now, ios 14 works pretty good in aum and cubasis 3 ... i tried with bleass apps, yukawa, audiostretch, poly2, apefilter, FAC everything, klevgrand everything, toneboosters reverb, spectrum, koala fx, segments

Ps i received a texto from NS2, they have a problem with ios14, so users of this daw should wait

• fear not and behold, a reboot shall revive your system

• In case anyone would still like to update to iOS 13.7 from a lower version, now is the time.
    My guess is that it will only be signed for another very few days.
    iOS 14 is about half a gigabyte larger than 13.7, just sayin'.

Back up your device, download the appropriate firmware for your device on https://ipsw.me and do a full restore.
    You can load an ipsw file inside iTunes if you hold the option (alt) button while clicking "Check for update..."
    on your Device > Summary page.