Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 14

Anyone updated yet? Any issues?

Comments

• As far as I know it should be out later this evening here in Sweden...
    ...I’ll do so e cleanup on my IPad Air 2 prior to the update.

• I would love to know if the PPG apps are broken by this. Anyone with multiple devices to test this? Report gratefully received.

• And other older things like Nave and Thor. I hope they don’t break.

• I will be waiting my usual 5 months before upgrading, usually what pushes me over the edge is one of the apps I am testing needs the next version... but I've lost too many loved apps in the past. Let everyone else test it first!

• We should ALL update after 5 months.

That way all the bugs will be ironed out in 10 months, because nobody will be testing it for the first 5 months.

• @jolico said:
    We should ALL update after 5 months.

That way all the bugs will be ironed out in 10 months, because nobody will be testing it for the first 5 months.

Some of us upgrade straight away or within a few days.

• edited September 2020

Well I’ll be upgrading my phone at least. I don’t use any music apps on it so it should be safe, and I do love new OS features :)

• I’ve been using the betas on my iPad Pro 11 2018 and iPhone XR.
    All music Apps I have work without issues, even though they have not been updated to iPadOS.

• edited September 2020

@Paa89 that’s good to know, tx !

• If Apple sticks to form, it won't be out until 1000 AM California time (GMT-7), so still 7 hours to wait. For what it's worth, I prefer to wait about 5 days, to allow time for early glitches.

• I'll leave my 12.9 on 13.7 until issues are ironed out. Will probably use my Air 2 and iphone XS as testers.

• edited September 2020

Anyone know if iOS 14 supports stereo audio recording when using the built in mics on the iPhone X and 11 Pro using voice memos or other audio recording apps? According to the Apple developers site iOS 14 is supposed to support stereo audio recording.

• @Paa89 said:
    I’ve been using the betas on my iPad Pro 11 2018 and iPhone XR.
    All music Apps I have work without issues, even though they have not been updated to iPadOS.

Including AUM?

• @Paa89 said:
    I’ve been using the betas on my iPad Pro 11 2018 and iPhone XR.

I hope you have a lot music apps on your iPad.

• Working fine should include if heavy sessions with multiple AUs run flawlessly on the same buffer setting (which was not the case on iOS 12 to 13.x)
    :)

• @Carnbot said:
    I'll leave my 12.9 on 13.7 until issues are ironed out. Will probably use my Air 2 and iphone XS as testers.

Same here, I’m not sure all the features will be available on the Air2 since I can’t use my Apple Pencil with it. Tbh I still don’t really see any advantages for audio or video production yet unless I’ve missed something? I updated to 13 within a few days because of the files app, but I don’t see anything that would make me update my iPad Pro anytime soon. I’m still on 13.6, I guess now would be a good time to get 13.7, any issues with it?

• @Strizbiz said:

@Carnbot said:
    I'll leave my 12.9 on 13.7 until issues are ironed out. Will probably use my Air 2 and iphone XS as testers.

Same here, I’m not sure all the features will be available on the Air2 since I can’t use my Apple Pencil with it. Tbh I still don’t really see any advantages for audio or video production yet unless I’ve missed something? I updated to 13 within a few days because of the files app, but I don’t see anything that would make me update my iPad Pro anytime soon. I’m still on 13.6, I guess now would be a good time to get 13.7, any issues with it?

Yes only things which might help later on is multithreading but this will be long term and no change yet, also this new app library looks like a well overdue feature, currently organising all the hundreds of apps is a pain so that'll help.

I've only just installed 13.7 from 13.6.1 and no difference so far it's all good.

• Also thinking if 13.7 is safe??
    As I might sit at this, and wait for a specific app to force me to 14, or other good reasons

• edited September 2020

I would recommend not to upgrade to iOS14. AU state loading doesn't work in certain cases ( when implementors are used on auParamTree). Thats why presets loading doesn't work in e.g. Zeeon + some other issues like blank AU icons.. Confirmed.

• @Nicebutfun said:
    Also thinking if 13.7 is safe??
    As I might sit at this, and wait for a specific app to force me to 14, or other good reasons

iPadOS13.7 has been running fine and it's better to hurry in that case until iPadOS14 gets pushed out...
    ...after that it becomes tricky to get hands on iPadOS13.7 and I don't know how long Apple will be signing it :(

• Is there much difference between 13.7 and 13.6.1, if not I might as well stay on that until 14 looks ok.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    I would recommend not to upgrade to iOS14. AU state loading doesn't work in certain cases ( when implementors are used on auParamTree). Thats why presets loading doesn't work in e.g. Zeeon + some other issues like blank AU icons.. Confirmed.

Thanks for the info! Do you think it’s possible to fix it in the short run?

• @giku_beepstreet , question #2: has iOS14 to be fixed by Apple or apps have to be adapted to iOS14?

• I usually give it a week or so as the first week after release usually has slow downloads. There’s also sometime a point release very quickly after a major update in he case of a bug not caught during testing. Never really had any issues with iOS updates using this strategy.

• With the Air2 be supported by iOS14?

• edited September 2020

Just a note for those who upgraded to 13.7 and don’t want 14...I’m 99% sure 13.7 flipped my preferences back to auto-update so be sure to check and turn it off if needed. Crafty bastards.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Just a note for those who upgraded to 13.7 and don’t want 14...I’m 99% sure 13.7 flipped my preferences back to auto-update so be sure to check and turn it off if needed. Crafty bastards.

I just checked this after reading your post and I can confirm the auto-update changed back to auto. Thanks!

• I’m ready...

• Here we go

• No sign of it in the uk. Where are you from?