Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple is starting a war over privacy with iOS 14

Comments

• Apples increased attention to privacy is making me want to start ditching my google services lately. They're not perfect, but it seems a step in the right direction for sure.

• The main issues developers have with this is that iOS gives you a privacy report for apps as well as websites. You can see what data the app has linked to you and what data it uses to track you.

The privacy report in a website does what plugins such as Ghostery have done for a while; show you what trackers the website has and who it is sharing data about you with.

Why anybody thinks they have a right to withhold their scumbaggery is staggering.

What the ad industry (including google and Facebook) are worried about is more people will get to see what kind of scumbags they really are.

Why do they think they’re entitled to track us all over the internet? To compile data on each and every one of us in an unregulated and downright creepy way?

Apple will go ahead with it. It’s part of iOS 14 already.

Be prepared to be creeped out by what otherwise innocuous Apps do with your data and what they do to use that data to track you whatever you do with your devices.

• Many years ago, the shady data collection routines on Android phones and tablets (often added by Samsung, Sony, Huawei etc. themselves) and the nightmare to block that was one of the main reasons why I've switched to iOS.
    I wouldn't have thought that the iPad would soon become my main music toy though :)

• edited September 2020

Facebook getting booted off all things Apple would surely make the world a better place. Can't wait for the ensuing zuckerfucker meltdown.

• @SpartanClownTide said:
    zuckerfucker

LOL

• I've often wondered what data some apps collect as a lot of privacy policies linked to on the app store are not worth the 'paper' they're written on.

@klownshed said:

Be prepared to be creeped out by what otherwise innocuous Apps do with your data and what they do to use that data to track you whatever you do with your devices.

• @SpartanClownTide said:
    Facebook getting booted off all things Apple would surely make the world a better place. Can't wait for the ensuing zuckerfucker meltdown.

I feel that way about all social media. My 14 year old is feeling devastated that tiktok is under attack. I don’t feel the same.