Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Maze Rider

Has anyone used and figured out Maze Rider? It automatically rides volume fader for a track to even it out. Brilliant app to avoid compressing the life out of your track. There is a silent video on YT with labels sorta stating the obvious but doesn’t really explain what the parameters are or how exactly they are effecting the signal. I got it to work on a vocal, but only by.luck and moving stuff up and down. It only has 5 parameters. The two knobs are pretty self explanatory: sensitivity and smoothness. There is an upper/lower limit on the left that goes to +12/-12 DB and I can’t understand why you’d ever want to go 12db above zero. Think maybe it is 12db over what your current input level is but not sure. There is a parameter on the right which measures in tenths of a point (I set mine at .23 and it seemed to work) I have no idea what it means or how the left side upper and lower limits relate to it. First time using a volume riding plugin so that probably doesn’t help. Dev said he’d have a manual and some ui updates in late August but nothing manifested. Website is down and email didn’t get a response.