Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is NanoStudio 2 going to be updated ever again? Resolved.

Comments

• @DarkAum
    I'm glad you're enjoying it. It was sold to me too as a DAW, atm it's a groovebox, hence my disappointment.

• What is it that makes NS2 so great anyway? I mean, I have it. I’ve had it for a long time now actually, but never use it. I own all of the iOS daws (except for Auria) and I am genuinely curious as to what I can do in NS2 that I can’t in CB3, BM3, ZB, GB, Gadget2, or AUM?

Really, what is it? Is it just the interface? The piano roll?

• And for those who keep saying patience... you have to realise that time works against developers.
    NS2 needed to change direction while in development, because IAA became a burden and got replaced.
    How often do you see requests from Cubase SX2 or Emagic?

• @DarkAum said:

Who are you to criticize the developer of Nanostudio 2

Who are you to say I can't?

@0tolerance4silence said:

All type of marketing leaves me cold, if something puts me off. That legwork is an empty gesture...

Activity results in sales, or at worst, stops them from falling through the floor. Companies wouldn't spend trillions of pounds on it every year if it didn't have an effect. Marketing doesn't just involve glossy videos of hipsters making beats on a train, it can be as simple as joining in on a forum, or posting a video on YouTube.

For a smaller company, or one-man-band, it's essential. Particularly where software is involved.

@0tolerance4silence said:

AB3, AUM and other modular approaches are the most suitable for this platform, so workload can be split and all involved can benefit from the sadly crumbs.

That's my solution. I record stuff in AUM as jam sessions to import into a desktop DAW, or just record them straight in. At this present time none of the available DAW's tick all of the boxes for me.

• A merge of the best parts of Zenbeats and NS2 would do it for me. At this point each has a lot to offer but is missing a few things. Trying to work between them makes my head hurt.

• edited September 2020

@MonzoPro said:

@DarkAum said:

Who are you to criticize the developer of Nanostudio 2

Who are you to say I can't?

Didn’t say you can’t. And if you are a developer who program an app like NS2 and if you have program an essential update in ten month after the last release of an update, you would have all the rights to criticize. If so, I would say sorry at this point.

• I look at this thread and the atom piano roll one and understand why most devs steer clear of the AB forums. As a dev, you have to have the patience of a saint. 🤣🤣🤣

• @Intrepolicious said:
    What is it that makes NS2 so great anyway? I mean, I have it. I’ve had it for a long time now actually, but never use it. I own all of the iOS daws (except for Auria) and I am genuinely curious as to what I can do in NS2 that I can’t in CB3, BM3, ZB, GB, Gadget2, or AUM?

Really, what is it? Is it just the interface? The piano roll?

You can do everything in all of them if you really really really want to.
    Yes, to me it's the interface, midi, routing options... I'm not a fan of the white keys, the blacks are fine :)

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    I look at this thread and the atom piano roll one and understand why most devs steer clear of the AB forums. As a dev, you have to have the patience of a saint. 🤣🤣🤣

You nailed it😝😝😝

• edited September 2020

@DarkAum said:

Didn’t say you can’t. And if you are a developer who program an app like NS2 and if you have program an essential update in ten month after the last release of an update, you would have all the rights to criticize. If so, I would say sorry at this point.

I'm not critcising the product (aside from the lack of promised audio tracks, due a year ago), I'm criticising the way the company that has created it is handling their online presence.

No social media posts on any platform for a year. No activity on their own forum for nearly a year. No updates for a year.

And the reason I'm making these comments, is as a response to the whingy whiny voices moaning about how little money developers make, as if they have some god-given right to behave differently from every other small business on the planet and make sales without any promotional activity whatsoever.

I run a small business. I have a kid with disabilities to look after. During lockdown, I worked full-time, home-schooled the lad, did all the other stuff dad's need to do, and still managed to put time into maintaining and promoting my business so I kept work coming in. It's what you do. If you don't you fail. If you can't do it, don't take people's money.

@Lil_Stu07 said:
    I look at this thread and the atom piano roll one and understand why most devs steer clear of the AB forums. As a dev, you have to have the patience of a saint. 🤣🤣🤣

Or you could look at why those threads were created in the first place, and think to yourself maybe I should have spent some time on there and so avoided them being created in the first place.

• @MonzoPro said:

@DarkAum said:

I'm not critcising the product (aside from the lack of promised audio tracks, due a year ago), I'm criticising the way the company that has created it is handling their online presence.

No social media posts on any platform for a year. No activity on their own forum for nearly a year. No updates for a year.

And the reason I'm making these comments, is as a response to the whingy whiny voices moaning about how little money developers make, as if they have some god-given right to behave differently from every other small business on the planet and make sales without any promotional activity whatsoever.

I run a small business. I have a kid with disabilities to look after. During lockdown, I worked full-time, home-schooled the lad, did all the other stuff dad's need to do, and still managed to put time into maintaining and promoting my business so I kept work coming in. It's what you do. If you don't you fail. If you can't do it, don't tak people's money.

@Lil_Stu07 said:

Or you could look at why those threads were created in the first place, and think to yourself maybe I should have spent some time on there and so avoided them being created in the first place.

Nah. Desktop software isn't updated nearly as often as iOS and costs are multiplicative of their iOS step children. They have larger budgets and teams. Many people here cry about Friday dinner or less. I can imagine it's uninspiring to the creative type who prides the work they put in. I have seen many times that developing for iOS is not lucrative.

Most devs do this for the love of music. The solutions aren't as easy as many people think. Ever coded a web page or an app? It's not fill in a line of code and all is fixed. Takes a lot of time to write and rewrite code. Many times with no example as to how to fix said problem.

Most devs aren't delaying because they took your money and ran. Most often they don't have the time or resources to implement said feature or bug fix. Especially on iOS where teams are few and many devs are independent hobbyists.

It's just funny reading these posts sometimes and seeing several devs who were active members remove themselves from the forum and post their progress on other mediums. Some people here have little situational awareness. Not to see all of the forum is this way, but these threads really highlight why many devs aren't here.

• @MonzoPro said:

I truly understand this point of view and I would also be happy to be up to date what’s going on, but that’s not our decision, it’s the decision of himself😉
    After all I trust the developer, as I saw what he created and I’m sure that we get the update we are waiting for. On top I think we will get a really great update.

I agree if developer act like this, but I never heard this developer whining or complaining about little money, because he has a full time job.

I run a small business. I have a kid with disabilities to look after. During lockdown, I worked full-time, home-schooled the lad, did all the other stuff dad's need to do, and still managed to put time into maintaining and promoting my business so I kept work coming in. It's what you do. If you don't you fail. If you can't do it, don't take people's money.

I’m sorry to hear about your situation, specially in this time right now and you can be proud to handle it well🖤
    Surly you have to promote the business you are in, but as I said, I don’t think that you can compare your business to the one of this developer.

Thank you for sharing your points🙏🏽

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

Nah. Desktop software isn't updated nearly as often as iOS

And why do you think that might be?

@Lil_Stu07 said:

They have larger budgets and teams.

Except for the ones that don't.

@Lil_Stu07 said:

Ever coded a web page or an app?

Virtually every working day for the last 25 years. So, yes.

• Nah.

We’re ALL wrong.

☮️

• @MonzoPro said:

@DarkAum said:

>

I think this misses that IOS music apps don't make enough money to support a developer in a western country. The market isn't there. Or rather there is a market, but it's for apps that most of us aren't that interested in. There's certainly not a sustainable market for DAWs.

IOS music app development falls somewhere between a hobby and a business. If single man app developers truly approached it as a business then they'd do something else. As I understand it Matt has another business that effectively subsidizes Nanostudio. The sensible thing for him to do would be to do that full time and abandon Nanostudio. Fortunately for us he hasn't chosen that path. But any time he takes to do communication/more marketing probably means less time for development.

• edited September 2020

@MonzoPro said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

Nah. Desktop software isn't updated nearly as often as iOS

And why do you think that might be?

>

Probably because most of the DAWS are on version 10/20 or higher whereas ios is on 3 or less lol

@Lil_Stu07 said:

What DAW on desktop is a one man team?

@Lil_Stu07 said:

Ever coded a web page or an app?

Virtually every working day for the last 25 years. So, yes.

Then I would imagine you have some idea how large a project a DAW could be. How you often have to go through the ENTIRE code base to find the missing semicolon or forward slash or whatever to fix a bug. How there are no examples of how to implement features into a code base with little support. Or the fact that we're in a pandemic and no one knows what the dev could be going through. Things aren't just cut and dry. And it's $30 for crying out loud. If you sold any music from NS2 you've made your money back.

• @DarkAum said:

Surly you have to promote the business you are in, but as I said, I don’t think that you can compare your business to the one of this developer.

Actually it's quite similar. I build and host websites, and provide support for a broad range of other companies - which is basically keeping a bit of software working on a remote server, and ensuring it does the job they've paid me for. I'd estimate around 35% of my time is spent without payment - some free fixes for issues, responding to emails, keeping an eye on social media accounts for opportunities to grab new clients, answering technical queries, etc. And then time learning and researching new tech.

If I was to disappear from public view for a year after taking their money I wouldn't have any clients left.

• @MonzoPro said:

Which desktop DAWs are one man shops? Genuinely curious.

Also HTML coding really isn't comparable to creating a DAW. The latter is one of the toughest programming problems there is. The former... isn't. Matt could make a lot of money doing something else if he chose.

• edited September 2020

@cian said:

@MonzoPro said:

Also HTML coding really isn't comparable to creating a DAW. The latter is one of the toughest programming problems there is. The former... isn't. Matt could make a lot of money doing something else if he chose.

Right! There is software and other websites that you can use to create websites. No coding required lol. HTML has been supported and highly documented since the beginning of the web.

Even the newest languages have wide support from w3, codeacademy, freecodecamp, github etc.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

Then I would imagine you have some idea how large a project a DAW could be. How you often have to go through the ENTIRE code base to find the missing semicolon or forward slash or whatever to fix a bug. How there are no examples of how to implement features into a code base with little support. Or the fact that we're in a pandemic and no one knows what the dev could be going through. Things aren't just cut and dry. And it's $30 for crying out loud.

Did I complain about that?

No. I suggested the lack of online/social activity for a year puts potential customers off.

• I’d be happy with Matt posting once a month saying what he’s been up to Nanostudio-wise. Even if all he said was “I’ve done f*** all this month!” When he doesn’t say anything, and features are very late arriving, it makes you wary of investing time in the app in case it is indeed abandonware.

Throw us some sound packs Matt, the presets from Nanostudio 1 would be great. We’ll pay!

• @cian said:

@MonzoPro said:

Do you consider NS2 to be a fully functional DAW? I don't.

@cian said:

Also HTML coding really isn't comparable to creating a DAW. The latter is one of the toughest programming problems there is. The former... isn't.

I presume you haven't coded an eCommerce store from scratch, designed to work and update in sync across 27 different countries servers, work effectively on every single sized device on the planet and have rock-solid security?

If you had, you'd know there's a bit more to it than 'HTML'.

• I love the fanboy defense.

An amazing and shameless show

• @AtticusL said:
    I’d be happy with Matt posting once a month saying what he’s been up to Nanostudio-wise. Even if all he said was “I’ve done f*** all this month!” When he doesn’t say anything, and features are very late arriving, it makes you wary of investing time in the app in case it is indeed abandonware.

Throw us some sound packs Matt, the presets from Nanostudio 1 would be great. We’ll pay!

I only see small devs doing these kinds of check-ins. Intua doesn't, steinberg generally doesn't, what desktop dev does this? This is an iOS thing. > @MonzoPro said:

@cian said:

@MonzoPro said:

Do you consider NS2 to be a fully functional DAW? I don't.

@cian said:

Also HTML coding really isn't comparable to creating a DAW. The latter is one of the toughest programming problems there is. The former... isn't.

I presume you haven't coded an eCommerce store from scratch, designed to work and update in sync across 27 different countries servers, work effectively on every single sized device on the planet and have rock-solid security?

If you had, you'd know there's a bit more to it than 'HTML'.

This is true but the code is widely supported. It's been done time and time again. It's nothing groundbreaking or innovative. You can go to a multitude of sites and look up how to debug and fix any issues you may come across. I highly doubt you are inventing new features.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

Right! There is software and other websites that you can use to create websites. No coding required lol.

You've just made yourself look very, very foolish.

• edited September 2020

fd

• @OnfraySin said:
    I love the fanboy defense.

🤣🤣🤣

• @MonzoPro said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

Right! There is software and other websites that you can use to create websites. No coding required lol.

You've just made yourself look very, very foolish.

Lol. How so? This is a fact. You can go and buy an e-commerce website right now. There are people that make a living buying domains and selling them. And most anything you to do with building a website has many people talking on forums sharing code and helping each other find solutions.

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@OnfraySin said:
    I love the fanboy defense.

🤣🤣🤣

Lol. No fan boy. I use CB3. It's just ridiculous how people give these devs such bs over pennies.

This discussion has been closed.