Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Roots Vol. 2 - Koala Sampler Beats

The Roots Volume 2 is here! This time it's the swing between a mix of Indian and Western vocal samples and mesmerizing melodies. All beats made and performed using the brilliant Koala Sampler recorded via Soundcraft mixer and glue compressed in Ableton.

https://syntheshwara.bandcamp.com/album/the-roots-vol-2

Comments

• Great hip hop vibes. Makes me want to get Koala... I haven’t really ever produced tracks using that kind of workflow. Can you tell me more about how you put together these tracks? Like did you import drum loops and rearrange- or just drum hits and sequenced those into drum tracks? Please share some of your workflow!

• @Halftone said:
    Great hip hop vibes. Makes me want to get Koala... I haven’t really ever produced tracks using that kind of workflow. Can you tell me more about how you put together these tracks? Like did you import drum loops and rearrange- or just drum hits and sequenced those into drum tracks? Please share some of your workflow!

Yo Halftone, thanks for listening!! The workflow is very straight forward. I connect an audio interface, in my case it's a zoom h6 audio recorder to my iPad pro. I then connect my phone to the stereo input of the interface using an aux cable 1/4 inch. That's basically it. The phone becomes the sample source. You can basically play anything out of the phone into the app. I don't import anything. I sample directly into the koala sampler app. For the drum sounds I open up splice app on the phone and use tags to get the right sound. I love recording one shots and replaying it in my way. If I like a drum loop, I record it straight into the app and tempo match it to the app's bpm by pitching up or down. For the melodies, I key match by ear. This way I can keep the creative juice flowing and also find the best samples instead of playing with fixed imported sounds. I also sample a lot off of youtube. I have also sampled from cassette tapes recorded directly into the app. Hope this helps!!!

• @supadupa555 said:
    The Roots Volume 2 is here! This time it's the swing between a mix of Indian and Western vocal samples and mesmerizing melodies. All beats made and performed using the brilliant Koala Sampler recorded via Soundcraft mixer and glue compressed in Ableton.

https://syntheshwara.bandcamp.com/album/the-roots-vol-2

Excellent.

• This is so awesome! :love: :heart: :love: