Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to easily send files from AUM on one device to another?

I know I have done this before but can't remember. Could someone remind me please? Cheers

Comments

• @Gavinski said:
    I know I have done this before but can't remember. Could someone remind me please? Cheers

Does Airdrop ring a bell - select and share AUM files from the files app then choose Airdrop - so long as you're on the same Apple ID on the other device it will appear as a destination.

• That’s what it was, thanks Nige!

• edited September 13

Yes Files app sharing with airdrop is the best way, you can even do folders :)

• Is there any reason why AUM is not just syncing stuff between devices over iCloud? I’d really like that.

• @Gavinski said:
    Is there any reason why AUM is not just syncing stuff between devices over iCloud? I’d really like that.

Don't you think that could be tricky, depending on availability of apps/files on the different devices?

• That's very true actually, I guess I didn't think it through very well @uncledave 😅

• edited September 13

I guess I’ve been doing it the hard way, copying and pasting from Files app to an iCloud folder also within Files, then go to the second device and access the file the same way. (Pasting the file back into the respective AUM folder)

Edit: I think having AudioShare installed helped with this, as far as there being AUM folders to copy from? I really don’t remember anything before AudioShare lol

Copying and pasting is how us Windows guys deal with things. I should have known Apple would have a more streamlined solution.

• Airdrop is really easy. As soon as you send one, it opens AUM and the session is live and ready to rock

• The only way to make AirDrop more cool would be the ability to do it over great distances via IP networks like the FTP protocol. Then we could just ask... can I get an AirDrop from you
    of that project?

I had a Dropbox experience lately where the transfer into DropBox got surfed and the whole
    lump of files disappeared for 24 hours with "waiting to upload" messages.

Does anyone run a public ftp or WebDav server to get large files? or is DropBox still the best option?