Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yuri Turov On The Making Of Xynthesizr And Shoom For iOS - Interview on Synth Talk

Comments

• Yuri is a real nice guy and a super talented dev. Had the Best beta testing experience With him.

• Thanks @White Great to read about the man behind one of the all time great apps.

• @kinkujin said:
    Thanks @White Great to read about the man behind one of the all time great apps.

True

• Good read.. awesome apps! Thanks @White for the link.. 👍

• 👍👍👍

• Two of my most used apps👍

• edited September 2020

Great article. Reading this prompted me to get Xynthesizr, I already had, and loved, Shoom. I held off Xynthesizr because it is IAA, but it's just so good. First impressions are that it is definitely up there with the iconic apps of the ages. What an interface, beautiful, intuitive, great-sounding.

• This post inspired my next song.
    Thanks for the seed!

• i’d pay 30$ for au xynthesizer right meow

great read here!

• I’d pay £30 for AU Shoom

• Shoutout to @SynthTalk for doing these interviews! It's wonderful to read about how these apps come about.

@reasOne said:
    i’d pay 30$ for au xynthesizer right meow

😹

@drcongo said:
    I’d pay £30 for AU Shoom

Because so much of Shoom is about bending notes and gliding textures what I would love to see is motion recording like Samplr or Borderlands...

• @Gavinski said:
    Great article. Reading this prompted me to get Xynthesizr, I already had, and loved, Shoom. I held off Xynthesizr because it is IAA, but it's just so good. First impressions are that it is definitely up there with the iconic apps of the ages. What an interface, beautiful, intuitive, great-sounding.

While it can definitely be the centerpiece of a track, I think it particularly excels at being a secondary voice: because it can do subtle randomizations in a controlled manner (separate X and Y axis control); because it can be transposed by incoming notes; because the sound engine excels at creating, simpler, purer tones that don't hog up the sonic spectrum...

• @aplourde said:

@Gavinski said:

While it can definitely be the centerpiece of a track, I think it particularly excels at being a secondary voice: because it can do subtle randomizations in a controlled manner (separate X and Y axis control); because it can be transposed by incoming notes; because the sound engine excels at creating, simpler, purer tones that don't hog up the sonic spectrum...

Thanks for the tip, I need to play with it more but you might be right.

• Thanks for the callout @aplourde!
    It was fun to get a little background on on Xynthesizr and highlight the work @YuriT has contributed to the community.

• Xynthesizer has just been updated but still no AUv3...this goes beyond my understanding. This app would be the perfect AU sequencer. Please, can anyone do this in Drambo?

• @cuscolima said:
    Xynthesizer has just been updated but still no AUv3...this goes beyond my understanding. This app would be the perfect AU sequencer. Please, can anyone do this in Drambo?

I would buy Xynthesizer 2 in an instant if it was released as an Auv3

• @cuscolima said:
    Xynthesizer has just been updated but still no AUv3...this goes beyond my understanding. This app would be the perfect AU sequencer. Please, can anyone do this in Drambo?

Nothing mysterious about it. I guess it would be a ton of work to make it an AU and the dev either doesn't have time or would rather focus on new projects?