Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AddStation (Virsyn) Pt 2 Deep Deep Dive: Sequencer, Parts & Arp.

AddStation (Virsyn) Pt 2 Deep Deep Dive: Sequencer, Parts & Arp: 3 FREE COPIES TO GIVE AWAY!

See the pinned comment in youtube comments section for details on how to win!

This is my 2nd video on AddStation, the FANTASTIC additive synth app for iOS by Virsyn. You should definitely watch Part 1 if you need to hear preset demos and get an overview of the Blocks & FX sections, there is a link to Pt 1 included at the start of this youtube video. This 2nd video looks at the sequencer which is used to set morphing between parts, the Parts section including its fantastic LFOs and envelopes, and the wonderful arpeggiator. I’m a huge fan of this synth. It is very deep but if you watch these two videos you will pretty much understand this complex synth top to bottom.

Comments

• Congrats on another amazing video @Gavinski this synth is so deep, can’t imagine how much time it took to learn this beast.

• Thanks man, literally two days of morning to evening work 😁

• edited September 2020

And the lucky winners of free copies of the app are....

Treterete
    James Keene
    PAL

Congrats! 🎉🎉🎉

• Hi @Gavinski
    Dunno if this is useful, but I tried to watch this on my tv last night and once you pressed the hold note and the patch started playing, I couldn’t hear your voice over it. Might just be my tv to be honest but thought you may want to know.

Still useful to watch you play with the app so thanks for making the video! 👍

• Hi Greg, thanks for the feedback, where in the vid was that, in terms of minutes, and was it only for a short while or for the rest of the vid?I didn't notice any parts that were too low when I played it back, except when I was listening on speaker and the mic in aum was still active and gave me phase cancellation. I nearly had a heart attack thinking I'd need to pull the whole video from YouTube and do it again (which I'm seriously considering doing with that schroeder / opl video in which the reverb is constantly clipping and where I was using the ipad mic rather than the inline one I usually use... Long story 😅)

• edited September 2020

Dont worry. Modwheel idea is ok. (edit)

• @sigma79 Could you clarify which modwheel idea you're talking about, I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here, thnx 😂

• @Gavinski said:
    @sigma79 Could you clarify which modwheel idea you're talking about, I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here, thnx 😂

Hi. Its cool. Its was just a modwheel theory, from when I last used Addstation but its ok. Will use Modwheel. Will check tuturial later with headphones.

• @gregsmith said:
    Hi @Gavinski
    Dunno if this is useful, but I tried to watch this on my tv last night and once you pressed the hold note and the patch started playing, I couldn’t hear your voice over it. Might just be my tv to be honest but thought you may want to know.

Still useful to watch you play with the app so thanks for making the video! 👍

I assume you mean the arp section near the start? That's very clear on my headphones, I just checked, no problem hearing over the arp at all for me!