Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sadness For Our Fellow Californians, Washingtonians and Oregonians

Comments

• Also don't believe what you read on the internet unless you are certain it's a reputable publication.

Thursday a drugstore checker and I were talking about the Medford/Phoenix fire. The woman said her husband read that the fire was arson-caused by 19 heavily-armed Antifa men — who had been arrested by the sheriff's department.

I smelled a rat immediately and when I returned home Googled it. No arrests and they were simply investigating the cause of the fire.

Friday I returned and told her what I has discovered. She rolled her eye and admitted her husband "doesn't watch the same news you and I do."

Of course on ignition point in Phoenix was arrested and a non-Antifa man (possibly mentally ill) was arrested.

It's really sad and truly amazing how Internet rumors have managed to strike fear in the un-educated right-wing populous not just with the fires, but otherwise peaceful protests and the upcoming election.

• edited September 2020

@SNystrom said:
    Also don't believe what you read on the internet unless you are certain it's a reputable publication.

Thursday a drugstore checker and I were talking about the Medford/Phoenix fire. The woman said her husband read that the fire was arson-caused by 19 heavily-armed Antifa men — who had been arrested by the sheriff's department.

I smelled a rat immediately and when I returned home Googled it. No arrests and they were simply investigating the cause of the fire.

Friday I returned and told her what I has discovered. She rolled her eye and admitted her husband "doesn't watch the same news you and I do."

Of course on ignition point in Phoenix was arrested and a non-Antifa man (possibly mentally ill) was arrested.

It's really sad and truly amazing how Internet rumors have managed to strike fear in the un-educated right-wing populous not just with the fires, but otherwise peaceful protests and the upcoming election.

Unfortunately there are no reputable news sources

And why are right wing population uneducated?

• Here’s my hood today.

• @rms13 said:
    4 people arrested for arson so far in CA, OR and WA.

I’m trying to figure out which is the worst kind of human: an intentional arsonist, or someone who stupidly sets a fire with a gender reveal gone wrong.

• Yes the are reputable news organizations, most people simply prefer to consume Faux News that pretends to be truthful — just like a president they love.

The uneducated members of the right wing population distrust fact-based truth like science. No masks, no vaccines, no climate change; more guns and ammo solves everything.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @SNystrom said:
    Yes the are reputable news organizations, most people simply prefer to consume Faux News that pretends to be truthful — just like a president they love.

The uneducated members of the right wing population distrust fact-based truth like science. No masks, no vaccines, no climate change; more guns and ammo solves everything.

That’s your opinion. All news now is editorialized propaganda

• We're almost in the hazardous category today in Seattle, I feel terrible even staying indoors:

• The bulk of the initial crisis in Northern California was set off by a lightning storm. We watched this spectacle out over the ocean with fascination for more than four hours, never realizing the havoc it was about to unleash. We had a great time. I feel bad for that now, but we had no idea. :|

Since then, there have indeed been accidents and deliberate arson, which makes me sick to even think about. Thankfully, we've now heard from all our friends who live in the evacuated areas, and none of them lost their homes.

• Yea, I have a pregnant friend who has to breathe this at like a really bad time in development. I guess even with 3 air purifiers its still ratty air. I remember LA fires but this sounds worse. Trippin me out. ITs the smoke and lung damage @! too. stay calm take care.

• @rms13 said:

@SNystrom said:
    Yes the are reputable news organizations, most people simply prefer to consume Faux News that pretends to be truthful — just like a president they love.

No. You are wrong.

I have an MSJ (master of science) in Journalism and have been a journalist since I was ten years old.

Back then, most media outlets were owned by families and that family went out in public, listened to their community and took opinions from members of it seriously. Their livelihood depended upon it.

Today, most media outlets are operated by a hedge-fund vultures, whose primary objective is ungodly profits at any cost. Newsrooms have been evicerated.

A couple of years ago there was a massive fire in the California city of Redding (pop opprox 80,000)

You might have heard of the Carr fire. It was on the national news for days.

The "newspaper" there (Redding Record-Searchlight) had been is the process of "cost-cutting" by the corporate vultures.

They had totally eliminated the seven-member photography department, so when the biggest story in the history of the city erupted, they had zero photographers to cover it. ZERO!

Think about that for a moment.

The vast majority of journalists make less than your average public works employee or solid waste disposal worker. They got into journalism not to become rich, but to shine light to truth.

There's an old (sexist) saying: "The only way to get rich as a journalist is to marry the publisher's daughter."

TV journalists were always looked-down upon by the print folk. They bought the morning paper and stole the stories there to report on the evening news.

Due to massive cuts and layoffs, today there is little if anything to steal. As a result, more TV stations (pushed by their conglomerate vulture owners) are forced to run pre-packaged "news" stories and right-leaning "opinion editorials" that promote the political bias of ownership.

With newspapers, the editorial (or opinion) page contained to just that, while the rest of the paper was unbiased. Just the facts.

Today, TV news is much more opinionated. Fox and CNN are the worst offenders. It used to be they held their opionated reporting for prime time and ran straight reporting until that time.

Today I see opinion creeping more and more into the daytime slots.

So, who is straight-up?

On TV, I would highly recommend the PBS Newshour. They are consistently the best show on TV. You'll probably be bored to death at first because they won't be sensational. They won't use key incindiary phrases that will bring out the left or right winger joy in you.

They will tell you about people in a far away place like Belarus or Uganda where they are dealing with a problem that also resonates here — only you can view it simply as a problem. Not a right wing or left wing problem, just a problem that perhaps left and right wingers could solve together because they have yet to be indoctrinated into what is obviously the "only solution that makes any sense at all!"

As for newspapers, The Wall Street Journal is often seen as a right-wing paper by the left, but it does a reasonably good job of keeping political opinion to a minimum in its news sections.

And like it or not, The New York Times does the same as well. Right-wingers are laughing their asses-off right now, but they are equally unbiased in their news sections. The right despises them because they've been indoctrinated for decades to believe it to be the truth. The same goes for The Washington Post.

The Guardian newspaper is equally well run. I'm often amazed that from Europe they will have more complete coverage of breaking news than most any US publication. Give these outlets a chance and please support them financially if you are able. The number of working journalists in the USA has been cut by 50% in just the last decade. Real, honest news is not free.

I hope this helps, but feel free to ask more questions...

• @SNystrom said:

@rms13 said:

@SNystrom said:

No. You are wrong.

I have an MSJ (master of science) in Journalism and have been a journalist since I was ten years old.

Back then, most media outlets were owned by families and that family went out in public, listened to their community and took opinions from members of it seriously. Their livelihood depended upon it.

Today, most media outlets are operated by a hedge-fund vultures, whose primary objective is ungodly profits at any cost. Newsrooms have been evicerated.

A couple of years ago there was a massive fire in the California city of Redding (pop opprox 80,000)

You might have heard of the Carr fire. It was on the national news for days.

The "newspaper" there (Redding Record-Searchlight) had been is the process of "cost-cutting" by the corporate vultures.

They had totally eliminated the seven-member photography department, so when the biggest story in the history of the city erupted, they had zero photographers to cover it. ZERO!

Think about that for a moment.

The vast majority of journalists make less than your average public works employee or solid waste disposal worker. They got into journalism not to become rich, but to shine light to truth.

There's an old (sexist) saying: "The only way to get rich as a journalist is to marry the publisher's daughter."

TV journalists were always looked-down upon by the print folk. They bought the morning paper and stole the stories there to report on the evening news.

Due to massive cuts and layoffs, today there is little if anything to steal. As a result, more TV stations (pushed by their conglomerate vulture owners) are forced to run pre-packaged "news" stories and right-leaning "opinion editorials" that promote the political bias of ownership.

With newspapers, the editorial (or opinion) page contained to just that, while the rest of the paper was unbiased. Just the facts.

Today, TV news is much more opinionated. Fox and CNN are the worst offenders. It used to be they held their opionated reporting for prime time and ran straight reporting until that time.

Today I see opinion creeping more and more into the daytime slots.

So, who is straight-up?

On TV, I would highly recommend the PBS Newshour. They are consistently the best show on TV. You'll probably be bored to death at first because they won't be sensational. They won't use key incindiary phrases that will bring out the left or right winger joy in you.

They will tell you about people in a far away place like Belarus or Uganda where they are dealing with a problem that also resonates here — only you can view it simply as a problem. Not a right wing or left wing problem, just a problem that perhaps left and right wingers could solve together because they have yet to be indoctrinated into what is obviously the "only solution that makes any sense at all!"

As for newspapers, The Wall Street Journal is often seen as a right-wing paper by the left, but it does a reasonably good job of keeping political opinion to a minimum in its news sections.

And like it or not, The New York Times does the same as well. Right-wingers are laughing their asses-off right now, but they are equally unbiased in their news sections. The right despises them because they've been indoctrinated for decades to believe it to be the truth. The same goes for The Washington Post.

The Guardian newspaper is equally well run. I'm often amazed that from Europe they will have more complete coverage of breaking news than most any US publication. Give these outlets a chance and please support them financially if you are able. The number of working journalists in the USA has been cut by 50% in just the last decade. Real, honest news is not free.

I hope this helps, but feel free to ask more questions...

What is the current state of propaganda laws allowed on the public via government legislation?

• edited September 2020

@Tarekith said:
    We're almost in the hazardous category today in Seattle, I feel terrible even staying indoors:

Ack! Been holding steady at 196 here, second place in the world! I sure hope that rain happens in a few days.
    https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/air-quality-in-this-canadian-city-ranks-as-one-of-the-worst-in-the-world-vancouver-oregon-washington-california-wildfires

• @Tarekith said:
    We're almost in the hazardous category today in Seattle, I feel terrible even staying indoors:

Wow, what is your data source, and do you have to apply any algorithm to the reading?

• @Tarekith said:

Do u have an air filter? Ours has performed like a champ.

• @sigma79 said:

What is the current state of propaganda laws allowed on the public via government legislation?

There is little to none. The right to freedom of speech is (for better or worse) is sacrosanct here.

It's probably for the best (especially considering the current dictatorcentrict administration).

It is the cornerstone of American individualism. Freedom of religion was a cornerstone of our independence fight.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@Tarekith said:

I am dipping into my (pre-Covid) N95 mask reserves.

@Tarekith said:

Gee, thanks John! First we can't find toilet paper and now thanks to you there will be a run on filters!! 🤣🤣🤣

• @LinearLineman thanks for the thread my Mother’s house burned down she lived in Berry Creek California. the fire ripped through the area they had little warning to evacuate. .

• @MeatWalrus are you there to help her?

• @MeatWalrus said:

Thats terrible, sorry to hear that.

• You have a point @ehehehe. Journalists are not rich. They search for injustices. Sadly a higher percentage of injustices come from the extremely rich who believe they are above the law.

The vast majority of extremely rich crooks are republican. Not because they actually believe in what the republican party stands for (for the most part) but because it helps them make even more ungodly illegal profits without having to be worried about unsightly "investigations."

Look at the incredible number of lawsuits the "so called president" has lost in spite of being the greatest so called president possibly ever!

Anyway, if you wish to continue this conversation, please create a new thread.

This thread is about compassion for innocent victims — something Donnie and his henchmen (and most likely you) have zero ability to comprehend...

• What have we done???

My youthful summers were long languid days spent at an Australian beach ... we looked forward to the sting of the sun on our backs, the Beach Boys on the “wireless”, burgers and milkshakes.

Now we dread the lengthening of our days each year.

So much to dread these days... we’re leaving a bleak future indeed.

Speaking of the future - could I just mention that Australian research on the recent fires suggests that pregnant women should be extremely careful in dense smoke ... about the same outcomes as a pack a day.

Be careful folks. Be brave. Be smart.

@Tarekith said:

Wow, what is your data source, and do you have to apply any algorithm to the reading?

https://enviwa.ecology.wa.gov/home/map

We have an air filter but the wife and I are taking turns with it in our respective studios.

• edited September 2020

• I live in Clackamas County, Oregon, which is the center of the fire activity. I'm at the north end - we were Level 1 evacuation, which meant be aware and have a plan. Level 3 meant GTFO now. I was ready, but things have stabilized now a bit, and we are not as stressed out. I have coworkers who had to evacuate, and have no idea the condition of their homes. The air is really bad - this morning I could not see anything on the freeway driving to work. I have a N95 mask and still my lungs are hurting a bit from smoke.

I am relieved that my personal situation is ok, but really feel for those affected.

• @SNystrom said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@Tarekith said:

Gee, thanks John! First we can't find toilet paper and now thanks to you there will be a run on filters!! 🤣🤣🤣

Went to Home Depot yesterday. I saw another customer with one and he pointed to the place where they were supposed to be. ALMOST empty shelves. My good fortune was the size I needed was still on the shelf.

• edited September 2020

Let me get straight to the point.

There is no such thing as a worse humanitarian crisis.

There shouldn’t be a crisis in the first place or the plural of crisis if there is one.

If we do not acknowledge the pain of others then we have no compassion.

If we have no compassion then it isn’t about humanity
    it’s merely a competition about who’s got it worse.

I have not ever seen the likes of what we have seen this year.

Ever in my life.

If we are to change what we have been seeing
    then we must acknowledge the pain of others.

For our people here, be you left wing, right wing,
    whatever gender, whatever skin colour or hue?

I have no words that could express my sorrow.

I can only acknowledge what you must be going through.

🙏🏽