Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anybody Doepfer?

Just discovered this German made controller in it’s own carrying case. Can’t find much about the action, but looks very cool...

Comments

• edited September 2020

Doepfer uses Fatar keybeds, so, yeah, excellent. I never was a fan of the flight case aesthetic but they have a stellar reputation among those who do use their master keyboards. The LMK4 has been around since the 90s at least.

• Supposedly, it’s Hans Zimmer’s weapon of choice.

I don’t know anything about the action, though. I suspect you’re after piano-feel keys? If it is Fatar, they’re famous for making excellent synth-action keybeds that are used on the high-end mega-synths (Moogs and Prophets etc.) but these don’t play like a piano. I don’t know what style this board is, but it’s on my radar too.

• edited September 2020

@colonel_mustard said:
    Supposedly, it’s Hans Zimmer’s weapon of choice.

I don’t know anything about the action, though. I suspect you’re after piano-feel keys? If it is Fatar, they’re famous for making excellent synth-action keybeds that are used on the high-end mega-synths (Moogs and Prophets etc.) but these don’t play like a piano. I don’t know what style this board is, but it’s on my radar too.

Yes, the LMK4 definitely has piano-like action.
    It's been on the market for ages!

• @rs2000 said:

@colonel_mustard said:
    Supposedly, it’s Hans Zimmer’s weapon of choice.

Yes, the LMK4 definitely has piano-like action.
    It's been on the market for ages!

Ah, a solid classic then ;)

I got a hammer-action keyboard a few years ago in the form of a Korg SV-1, but the vibrations of playing (with headphones) went right through the floor, and my downstairs neighbours got angry. I tried building a platform, and got various foam and space-age insulation things, but it really ruined the whole thing for me.

I found this demo @LinearLineman

It looks like the keys might be a bit heavy for my taste. I don't know if you can adjust the 'weighting'.

• @colonel_mustard said:
    It looks like the keys might be a bit heavy for my taste. I don't know if you can adjust the 'weighting'.

No you can't. That would be great.
    I have both the Kurzweil K2500XS and the Forte 88 and I must say that I personally prefer the older Fatar TP/10 (which is also built into the older LMK4+) over the newer TP/40 (like in the new LMK4+).
    The older one is a bit lighter to play yet it still gives you a nice piano feel and I also prefer how the keys "hit the bottom". Feels a bit undefined with the TP/40.
    The TP/10 can also be played faster IMHO.
    LMK4+ manufactured between 1992 and 2011 have the TP/10 keybed, from 2011 on they have the TP/40 installed.

• @rs2000 said:

@colonel_mustard said:

No you can't. That would be great.
    I have both the Kurzweil K2500XS and the Forte 88 and I must say that I personally prefer the older Fatar TP/10 (which is also built into the older LMK4+) over the newer TP/40 (like in the new LMK4+).
    The older one is a bit lighter to play yet it still gives you a nice piano feel and I also prefer how the keys "hit the bottom". Feels a bit undefined with the TP/40.
    The TP/10 can also be played faster IMHO.
    LMK4+ manufactured between 1992 and 2011 have the TP/10 keybed, from 2011 on they have the TP/40 installed.

Great knowledge, thanks chief. Will file this away for future reference.

• i think hans zimmer and junkie xl use these. I’ve been curious about them, but key action is a big deal for me , so i’d have to touch and test out before knowing for sure how good it is

• @eross said:
    i think hans zimmer and junkie xl use these. I’ve been curious about them, but key action is a big deal for me , so i’d have to touch and test out before knowing for sure how good it is

+1000
    Like with headphones, you really have to try out for yourself.