Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drum Perfect Grid View Sneak Peak

Comments

• yes please!!

• It is surprising that a grid like this is not an obvious design of every drum machine.

• @supadom said:

It is surprising that a grid like this is not an obvious design of every drum machine.

I had assumed it was already in there! I guess the interface they had before was more like Stochastic's probability bars? (I don't have DrumPerfect)

• edited March 2014

^ exactly, except instead of showing multiple sounds on one screen like in Stochastic, there was only one.

That grid view is going to be extremely helpful for most folks. I'm pretty sure that it's easier for most folks who program drums to be able to see some kind of "big picture" view of their patterns...like a grid view. :D

• Grid view is definitely a REQUIREMENT for me to use a Drum app. Everyone on this board have been big fans of DrumPerfect, but for me, I can't think in a 1-at-a-time way with regards to drums.

(PLEASE may the Devs also make sure to include a one-touch swipe for setting/clearing multiple boxes in one action instead of peck peck peck peck).

--R

• True that, pecking's no good. This is why dm1 is still the king in many ppls eyes. All instruments and full grid in full view and swipe to add a row of sounds. Seekbeats doesn't have it and it's a pain. Gadget could do with it too.

• @supadom said:

True that, pecking's no good. This is why dm1 is still the king in many ppls eyes. All instruments and full grid in full view and swipe to add a row of sounds. Seekbeats doesn't have it and it's a pain. Gadget could do with it too.

DM1 really has the best of everything - AB, IAA, AudioCopy, Grid Views, interface... It's just that the 808's and electronic kits seem to take center stage, and it doesn't "feel" like it has a rock focus, even if there are about 5 decent acoustic kits (and Derek's sound AWESOME imported into DM1 or other drum apps).

There's so many little things in a drum app that would make big difference. For example, I like that DrumStudio allows you to preview the sound the drum/cymbal makes on the same screen as the pattern setup. You can do that on other screens from DM1, but it's such a minor thing that becomes a major convenience. Good to hear DrumPerfect is making changes for the better, since I hear mostly good things.

• I wouldn't agree DM1 has the best of everything. The sound quality of most of the samples aren't very good (it's 808 sounds have really obvious bitrate reduction, for instance). Also DM1's MIDI implementation is notoriously poor....

DM1 is just the best looking drum machine. If they fixed my above 2 complaints, I'd use it on everything.

• @CalCutta said:

I wouldn't agree DM1 has the best of everything. The sound quality of most of the samples aren't very good (it's 808 sounds have really obvious bitrate reduction, for instance). Also DM1's MIDI implementation is notoriously poor....

DM1 is just the best looking drum machine. If they fixed my above 2 complaints, I'd use it on everything.

I agree, the samples are dodgy at best, there's high pitch ringing on most of the bassy sounds. I don't quite understand why people actually take out those samples to put in other machines.

• edited March 2014

Agreed, but Dm1 does have sample import. Musyc and 808 is unique.

• I like that layout...thanks for posting...I expect see it as soon as possible.
    To me, the interface of DM1 is one of the best. By default you can assign, for example, two snares in the same standard kit, and you have to create one.
    In other hand, the human feel of DrumStudio is close to perfect. And the way to load mid files. If you could load your own samples, it would be a dream. And easier way to arrange patterns or manage the song mode.

• Yeah, I didn't state that very well. I meant what fjcblanco said, which is that the interface of DM1 is better than what most drum apps have to offer. To get the true "best" drum app, you'd have to take elements of that interface and combine it with features and sounds of probably 6 other apps.

• This looks to be a great enhancement which was missing from the initial release.

• @WMWM said:

Agreed, but Dm1 does have sample import. Musyc and 808 is unique.

I agree, just tried Musyc for the first time and was very impressed. It crashed my system before even finishing the tutorial. This never happened to me before.

• If every fool wore a crown, we should all be kings. ~Welsh Proverb

Musyc works fine here bro.

• DrumPerfect v1.02 is up now:

All-in-one grid view for easy drum pattern setup.
    Choking strokes to choke an instrument.
    Copy/Merge function to create new rhythms by combining existing ones.
    Easy auditioning of drum samples.
    More sample drum patterns.
    Various bug fixes and improvements.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/drumperfect/id797220679?ls=1&mt=8

• Thank you, it's not out in the UK yet.

• Hhmmm, still waiting here in Germany...

• Still not out in uk

• Has it been released or just submitted (meaning it will take a week or so before Apple releases it)?

• Approved and Ready for Sale several hours before my post.. According to Apple, can take max 24 hrs to appear in all stores.

• Congrats @Marinus! So stoked for this. What a week for drums on iOS.

• @supadom said:

It is surprising that a grid like this is not an obvious design of every drum machine.

Just because it wasn't in 1.0 doesn't mean it wasn't an obvious design decision. There's only so many hours in a day. "Ship with what you've got and add more when you can". I'm very pro this philosophy. Otherwise, Doom 3, MIDI in Auria...

• The description indicates the following:

• Audio rendering/upload to AudioShare, AudioCopy2, SoundCloud and Dropbox. Both mixed and separate track export.

• Import of audio samples via iTunes or AudioPaste2.

So does that mean you can't get new samples (wav files) of a kick drum, snare, etc. into the app directly from DropBox? I'm thinking I could use AudioShare as a go-between and copy the wav from there (AudioShare allows you to import file folders from DropBox and either "open in" or copy/paste to other apps).

I'm tempted to pick this app up. Still held back a bit by the price, file size (presently 160MB), and interface.

• So was the swipe feature added to select hits or is it still hunt-n-peck?

• That's coming in future update.

• Thanks Morris

• @syrupcore: thanks!

@StormJH1: import via iTunes and AudioPaste indeed

@boone51: usually, I start by "pecking" the kick drum part, then I record the other instruments live via the (Dual) Live Pad. In this way, dynamics and left/right strokes are directly in place. After that, I tweak probability and time shift per stroke where needed. By the way, in v1.02 "choking strokes" can be created by double pecking ;-)