Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: RIP Simeone Coxe

edited September 2020 in Other

Simeon Coxe, co-founder of the pioneering 1960s experimental electronic band Silver Apples, has died aged 82. He had a progressive lung condition, pulmonary fibrosis.

In the late 60's Coxe built a collection of oscillators into something resembling a homemade synthesiser in order to make it easier to transport to gigs. Dubbed “the Simeon”, Coxe played it with his hands, feet, elbows and occasionally his forehead.

If you've not heard any Silver Apples music or read about Simeone's pioneering electronic instruments then look them up - you may just be amazed! The Hainbach of his generation and a real innovator...

Comments

• Thanks for the educating.

• Sorry to hear this. He was an interesting fellow. I had some correspondence with him in the 90’s and met once. Very nice and friendly man.

• edited September 2020

I came across the Silver Apples first album about four years ago, and assumed initially that it was a contemporary piece. ‘Ahead of their time’ doesn’t quite capture it. Amazing band.

• My parents had the first record and so I listened to it all the time when I was growing up. Also saw them live at Terrastock and to my surprise they still had it.

• Sad news. I was blown away the first time I heard ‘Oscillations’, and amazed to discover what kind of device he created his parts on.

Probably influenced music much more than he’s given credit for.

• edited September 2020

So sad. Those first two albums are incredible. @cian cool parents! My band, Tadpoles, played that Terrastock!!!! It was a blast. And Silver Apples were great. I got introduced to their music through Spacemen 3 adapting the lyrics of I Have Known Love for How Does It Feel... What’s amazing is how modern those records sound now.

• @mulletsaison said:
    What’s amazing is how modern those records sound now.

Absolutely