Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yukawa - AUv3 Plugin Effector by iceWorks, Inc.

Comments

• I guess put filter rotary towards left, it is low pass, towards right, high pass. Zero doesn’t represent a frequency, it just represents the switch from one filter to another?

• @Bill_Brasky said:

@Gavinski said:
    Vid will be coming for sure guys. Can anyone clarify for me how to switch between high pass and low pass filter? That’s not clear to me at the moment, but yeah, in general this is a really well laid out fix unit that is powerful and pretty intuitive.

To the right is high pass, left is low pass.

Just saw this, that’s what I figured thanks bill

• @Gavinski said:
    I guess put filter rotary towards left, it is low pass, towards right, high pass. Zero doesn’t represent a frequency, it just represents the switch from one filter to another?

I think just a continuous lowpass to hihpass. I had a hardware synth that did this too but the name is escaping me.

• edited September 2020

Hm, not really digging the resonance or filter in this one. Oh well, I like their UIs if not their synths so it was worth a shot. Wish Timeless would get here so I stop wasting money on delays.

• Does any other ios delay offer 16 tap steps that are this programmable?

Yukawa seems like a complete Win for this alone.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Wish Timeless would get here so I stop wasting money on delays.

I try to resist for this exact same reason 🙃

• @Proppa said:
    Does any other ios delay offer 16 tap steps that are this programmable?

Yukawa seems like a complete Win for this alone.

My thoughts exactly

• @Proppa said:
    Yukawa seems like a complete Win...

A nearly "complete win" would have been the possibility to set the pitch for each of the 16 steps.

• Oh damn, good point

• @Gratouilli said:

@Proppa said:

A nearly "complete win" would have been the possibility to set the pitch for each of the 16 steps.

Ah, you can't do that?

...back on the fence...

• @MonzoPro said:

@Gratouilli said:

@Proppa said:

Ah, you can't do that?

...back on the fence...

I don't see it mentioned in the description...

• Been praying for the "Delay2" from Cassini to show up as a stand alone effect since around 1947 or so. I'm also delay saturated but gotta give it a shot.

• I picked it up. Could come in handy some time... ;)

• Putting my - no less than TWO - videos for this here for posterity, though they have their own thread too:
    Part 1 is the main demo and walkthrough:

Pt 2 clarifies the matrix section and makes a few important points about the sequencer cut-off and res settings

• Is this basically Kosmonaut with more features?

• @gregsmith said:
    Is this basically Kosmonaut with more features?

Not at all. Completely different approaches.

• @Gratouilli said:

@Proppa said:

On a delay? How would that work?

• edited September 2020

@cian said:

@Gratouilli said:

@Proppa said:

On a delay? How would that work?

Yes, on a delay 😁.
    You play a C, first delay step could be a C, the second step an E, the third step a C, the fourth a G... and so on... or any other exotic combinations.
    It would be cool to see an other "page" with sliders on each of the sequencer steps to change the pitch within a -1/+1 octave range 😉😎

• @Gratouilli said:

Yes, on a delay 😁.
    You play a C, first delay step could be a C, the second step an E, the third step a C, the fourth a G... and so on... or any other exotic combinations.
    It would be cool to see an other "page" with sliders on each of the sequencer steps to change the pitch within a -1/+1 octave range 😉😎

I'm just going to assume that you were joking and move on with my life... :wink:

• There are desktop plugins that can do pitch-per-tap (from my research). The idea of it is head-spinning: a Delay/Arp hybrid. But it seems like a Lot to ask within iOS confines. (I hope a developer goes for that gold though!).

Great videos @Gavinski

• @Gavinski said:
    Love it!

Free Codes? There better be... 'cause I'm going to win one of these days.

• @Proppa said:
    There are desktop plugins that can do pitch-per-tap (from my research). The idea of it is head-spinning: a Delay/Arp hybrid. But it seems like a Lot to ask within iOS confines. (I hope a developer goes for that gold though!).

I mean you could probably do it one of the modular IOS apps that has a delay. All you'd need to do is add a pitch shifter of some kind. Not sure you're really talking about a delay though at that point, or something that many people would use in practice...

• edited September 2020

@Proppa @cian @Gratouilli Doesn’t Eventide QVox do pitched delays? Desktop and iOS.

• The distinction is programmable pitch per delay-step. Making for a melodic-sequencer type delay.

• @McD said:

@Gavinski said:
    Love it!

There was just one for this, sadly, as I explained in my pinned post. I dropped the ball here actually, because I should have asked for giveaway codes for any icegear app, didn't have to be just for this one 😅

• @cian said:

@Proppa said:
    There are desktop plugins that can do pitch-per-tap (from my research). The idea of it is head-spinning: a Delay/Arp hybrid. But it seems like a Lot to ask within iOS confines. (I hope a developer goes for that gold though!).

I mean you could probably do it one of the modular IOS apps that has a delay. All you'd need to do is add a pitch shifter of some kind. Not sure you're really talking about a delay though at that point, or something that many people would use in practice...

It's true its hard to see this working for any kind of complex pattern unless it also had some kind of scaling feature, or you piped it through Rozeta Scaler or you are just into atonal messes haha. Anyway, I think there was already a hell of a lot of work put into this app just as a delay without bringing pitches in, on reflection.

Good time to remind people of the power of the Midi Echo app for pitched delays. I looked briefly at it in my first vid on Piano Motifs, great app. Not pitch programmable per step exactly, but you have control over the interval time between delays and which delays will be heard and which will be skipped. It can also be used to make chords, after a fashion.

• McDMcD
    edited September 2020

@Gavinski said:

@McD said:

@Gavinski said:
    Love it!

There was just one for this, sadly, as I explained in my pinned post. I dropped the ball here actually, because I should have asked for giveaway codes for any icegear app, didn't have to be just for this one 😅

One code! IceGear should be ashamed of their lack of support for the influencers. @thesoundtestroom
    was able to make a video with 13 copies of the app. One we get "one code" to share among 10,000 ABF members. 3 codes would be nice...

All seriousness aside, I do enjoy the videos from you and @thesoundtestroom and @Daveypoo and @bcrichards and @jakoB_haQ and @TheAudioDabbler and more... because without videos I have to do the work of making music.

• Lol, don't be too hard on Satoshi, it genuinely wasn't stinginess, I'm sure 😂. And he thought the video was awesome, so I'm sure he will make it up next time. 😁

• Instapurchase Here. Insane fun.

• @Gavinski said:
    Lol, don't be too hard on Satoshi, it genuinely wasn't stinginess, I'm sure 😂. And he thought the video was awesome, so I'm sure he will make it up next time. 😁

I always buy the apps because you make me work for the free codes and nobody makes me work.
    I'm retired.