Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS MASCHINE+ STANDALONE GROOVEBOX !!

Comments

• edited September 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    The Mk3 is all I need. It was a good price at the time. Didn't waste The Big Christmas Present on it. I love the MK3. The Mk3 is all I need. It was a good price at the time. Didn't waste The Big Christmas Present on it. I love the MK3. The Mk3 is all I need. It was a good price at the time. Didn't waste The Big Christmas Present on it. I love the MK3. The Mk3 is all I need. It was a good price at the time. Didn't waste The Big Christmas Present on it. I love the MK3.....

/ad nauseum.

All Work and No Play makes Johnny a dull boy :) The only remedy is to add a PLUS to your day :)

• @echoopera @WillieNegus I love you both, but you're very naughty boys... :)

• edited September 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @echoopera @WillieNegus I love you both, but you're very naughty boys... :)

Welp, the only way to teach someone when they're being naughty is to go after them with a 'switch'...and the PLUS seems like the perfect switch to teach all of us a good lesson ;)

• @WillieNegus said:

@hansjbs said:

@WillieNegus said:

@hansjbs said:

@WillieNegus said:

@hansjbs said:

@WillieNegus said:
    Who am I kidding? I’m finna get this mf mang.🤦🏽‍♂️

Just rocked out with my Live II and it’s dope but I’m sick of no mic or instrument input and quite frankly I’m just all in on Maschine workflow now so there’s no reason for me not too. $1399 is 2 midfield seats at the Giants game. No fans this year so fuck it. I deserve to be happy.

PS5 + Maschine+ sounds like a good Thanksgiving celebration. 2020 owes me anyway 😤😭

Who wants to buy a newish MK3? I’ll throw in a Jam and make the price all sexy like.

LMAO!!! I was reading your post and thought nahhhh he's gonna get it. They both got similar mic input tho. Not phantom power but id you already have NI interface you can hook it up in maschine+ for more input/output. Can't do that with Akai but I think now it will be possible soon. They will add it. Good times. I have the mpc X and thinking about getting the plus. My MK3 is still here tho. Il

Yeah Id already have the outs and phantom covered for + with my NI A6. Definitely good times. I actually ended up spending the rest of last night realizing how much I missed the XY, touch piano roll, mute groups and splice integration.😩😂 First world issues right? We’re so spoiled. Truth is I should be getting more done with what I already have.

I think all the surplus of resources from gas, eating out, travel savings has me itching to spend.lol.

Ohhh I definitely understand. We’re definitely spoiled.

Good thing is this year my work is letting us transfer up to 40hrs of vacation for next year. So now I have some weeks I need to figure out what to do with this year.

Well, if you’re by Broward, maybe we should link up and connect all this gear together like Voltron and create something 🤷🏽‍♂️. LMK. I “work” from home if you want to call it that. Really, I wake up go riding, workout, take a few calls then sit around buying shit online all day.lmao

Yeah we definitely can do that. I’m in Brevard county. I have family in broward.
    I know what you, I work from home right now and the joke around my house is I don’t do anything since I’ve been working from home 😂😂😂😂 but this week I will have to go to the lab for a BOEING update that needs testing.

Ha. Well Boeing sounds heavy so I guess you’ll have to str8’n up for the week atleast. LMk when in town. Haven’t been to beaches in Brevard yet but I hear the sharks aren’t so friendly up there 😬. I see them frequently here but they’ve never bothered anyone.

So this isn’t a complete derail, check out this great review of Maschine+:

I thought he did a pretty honest review. I am definitely getting this :smiley:
    I haven't been able to confirm anywhere, but based off his comments, I guess you can't save your own presets made using Massive/FM8 etc;

• You can't transfer sounds from Maschine+ to the software? @MichaelLawrence

• @auxmux - I mean it doesn’t look like you can sound design on Maschine+ standalone using an instrument like Massive and then save your preset for later use.

• The great thing about this Maschine+ Announcement and video reviews, is that it's reminded me of how lucky we are to actually have the likes of the MPC One for less than half the price of the M+.

Time to sample my NI Library of synths and get KitMaker to bring over my Maschine Libraries from Komplete.

Yes, I’m rationalizing why i don’t need an M+ in my workflow 🤪

• I migrated all my Maschine kits and expansions using Kit Maker for use in EG Pulse using numbered kits option. Works like a dream. Now, I can use drag and drop to put them into kits in EG Pulse.

• Nice review. But I still dunno yet. Gonna to sell some stuff if I want this at the price.

• @WillieNegus said:

@MichaelLawrence said:
    @auxmux - I mean it doesn’t look like you can sound design on Maschine+ standalone using an instrument like Massive and then save your preset for later use.

I heard it that way too. I think he did say it was still a beta version and that he believed they would address it and the few hiccups. Based on my limited experience (7 months) NI updates have been solid as hell so I tend to believe they’ll iron out many issues. Also know there is a cost to early adopting anything.

I use to have Maschine Mikro and Maschine MK1 8 years and I always wanted something like this so I’m going all in. I was actually looking at grabbing Akai Force, but then Maschine+ was announced and I haven’t been able to sleep since lol

• @auxmux said:
    I migrated all my Maschine kits and expansions using Kit Maker for use in EG Pulse using numbered kits option. Works like a dream. Now, I can use drag and drop to put them into kits in EG Pulse.

Forgive my ignorance. Kit Maker is a thing alone, a thing in EG or a thing in Maschine? I have a LOT of expansions I'd love to get (easily) out and across to my iPad....

• @JohnnyGoodyear It's a standalone desktop app, that organizes Maschine expansions into sample kits for other apps and devices: https://www.kit-maker.com/

• @auxmux said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear It's a standalone desktop app, that organizes Maschine expansions into sample kits for other apps and devices: https://www.kit-maker.com/

A thousand thank yous m'lord etc.

• @WillieNegus said:

@hansjbs said:
    Nice review. But I still dunno yet. Gonna to sell some stuff if I want this at the price.

OfferUp for the win. I listed my MK3/Jam/M32...if I get the right offer I’ll upgrade and see it as just updating my Mk3. Jam is done I think. Never used it much anyways. M32 is actually great but unecessary. I’ll probably sell my Launchpad X as well. It’s cool, but Logic Remote has it collecting dust in my shelf.

I already sold my MPK225, presonus atom, IK irig keys IO and my trigger finger pro so I can do some upgrades. My M32 I enjoy so I don’t know about selling but I do have the mpkmini Mk3 and s49 mk2.🤔🤔🤔. I got a lot of things to do first while minimizing my setup.

• @WillieNegus said:

@hansjbs said:

@WillieNegus said:

@hansjbs said:
    Nice review. But I still dunno yet. Gonna to sell some stuff if I want this at the price.

OfferUp for the win. I listed my MK3/Jam/M32...if I get the right offer I’ll upgrade and see it as just updating my Mk3. Jam is done I think. Never used it much anyways. M32 is actually great but unecessary. I’ll probably sell my Launchpad X as well. It’s cool, but Logic Remote has it collecting dust in my shelf.

I already sold my MPK225, presonus atom, IK irig keys IO and my trigger finger pro so I can do some upgrades. My M32 I enjoy so I don’t know about selling but I do have the mpkmini Mk3 and s49 mk2.🤔🤔🤔. I got a lot of things to do first while minimizing my setup.

Holy Smokes Sam Goody! I do also enjoy the M32 but I also have the s49 now and tbh, I’m a little disappointed that neither works with the Mk3 like I thought it would. Unless I’m just missing something, you can’t work in different sound groups without opening separate Maschine instances which is bogus. No Biggie when in Logic but I like working in just Maschine now.

The super sad truth is that I was all but set on a perfectly minimal set up with just a maxed out MBP i9, IPad Pro, Logic Pro X, Launchpad X/Remote to control it all as LPX latest update pretty much has the best sampler now imo, sequencing, clip launching and great instruments (until you here Komplete). I saw Mk3 for $375 on OfferUp and got hooked on NI sound quality. I thought by 40 I’d have more restraint. No dice. Just more resources and the same GAS.💀🤷🏽‍♂️

😂😂😂 I think a lot of us here falls in that category. More resources and the same GAS.
    I feel you about integrating NI products together which sucks big time.
    One day I plan on just having the iPad paired with the perfect controller and maybe some standalone gear but for now I still need my other items.

• So...here’s my dilemma...i own the Push 2, the MPC One and the OctaTrack MK2 and love my iOS synths and Ableton workflow.

The Maschine+ looks slick but will it improve my workflow any? I’ve never used one before but i do own Massive X, Komplete 12 Select (thinking about 13 Upgrade) and the iMaschine iOS app...so i am familiar with the great NI sound heritage.

Anybody else in a similar boat? I know it’s GAS that i am suffering from so I’m just asking for a little roll aids to help with my dilemma 🤪

• It's a totally different workflow for sure. That said, I've always said that Maschine is the best Groovebox out there as long as you don't mind the computer integration aspect. And you can pretty much ignore the computer completely with the MK3, other than that pesky USB cable trailing off the back. It's just hard to beat being able to leverage the entire power of a MBP when writing, I can throw a TON of high quality effects and instruments at a project. Multiple instances of Absynth, kontakt, etc plus as many EQs and effects as I want (within reason).

All of this is one reason I'm waiting to see how the + performs in real life. If they had to severely limit the CPU power in the standalone version, then that takes away from the real strength of Maschine. And honestly, since most of us make music in the same room as our computer anyway, is it really that much of an improvement being able to unplug a single USB cable from the controller? Given how cheap the MK3 is, I say try that first and see if you bond with the workflow.

• edited September 2020

This thing is day one for me...already ordered.I mean,it's like having a hardware gadget?How can one not like that? :smiley: Cpu power should work for me judging from the videos.I don't need this for full blown movie score arrangements.And working arround limitations forces my creativity (as long as it is still fun and Maschine is definitely fun)

• Seems doing live jams and arrangements using un/mutes isn't like the mpc. It's not on the big 16 pads anyways, or maybe I've missed something? It's one of my fav things to do, so I'll stick with my Live. Looks a nice bit of kit tho

• @echoopera said:
    So...here’s my dilemma...i own the Push 2, the MPC One and the OctaTrack MK2 and love my iOS synths and Ableton workflow.

The Maschine+ looks slick but will it improve my workflow any? I’ve never used one before but i do own Massive X, Komplete 12 Select (thinking about 13 Upgrade) and the iMaschine iOS app...so i am familiar with the great NI sound heritage.

Anybody else in a similar boat? I know it’s GAS that i am suffering from so I’m just asking for a little roll aids to help with my dilemma 🤪

It depends how you connect them together . You use all your gear at the same time ?

I guess another way to “try” M+ is to buy a second hand cheap MK3 :)

• @mrcanister said:
    Seems doing live jams and arrangements using un/mutes isn't like the mpc. It's not on the big 16 pads anyways, or maybe I've missed something? It's one of my fav things to do, so I'll stick with my Live. Looks a nice bit of kit tho

There's a dedicated Mute mode for the pads.

• Alright. I think I'm good for now on 'not' getting one of these.

Just had a great 2 hour session with my Push 2 and forgot how amazing and brilliant it is. I revisited some of my Template files and now recall why I love this device so much. It makes Ableton feel link an expansive and almost infinite instrument.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's experience with the M+ when it arrives though.

• I find the native instrument maschine workflow is not for me, period. I failed to get gas on this dish!

• @echoopera said:
    So...here’s my dilemma...i own the Push 2, the MPC One and the OctaTrack MK2 and love my iOS synths and Ableton workflow.

I think in your case there is specific answer to your dilemma .. Yes, you need it and No, you don't need it :))

You are making amazing music with basically every part of every combination of your current setup. So you really don't need anything else. On other side i'm pretty sure you would make great music also with Maschine+, so yeah, go for it :-D.

• edited September 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mostly , it’s for people not using a PC at all. I don’t think anyone that has a laptop with MK3 and tones of libraries will be interesting. Well some of them for sketching, but M+ compares to standalone grooveboxes.
    If money wasn’t an issue I would definitely buy it . Going to the cheapest route , looking for a used Micro , check the workflow and if I’m happy ,I might get one ,but will wait if M+ gets cheaper and buy a second hand ...
    I know many people compare it to MPC , but I think the workflow matches more to Akai Force

• @Korakios said:

I agree with his assessment. These things are not meant for full blown over the top multi tracks. Once people realize this both the MPC and maschine+ won’t be a problem.

• @Max23 said:
    weird things going on at NI
    old management gone, half of staff dismissed,
    nothing new in complete except some samples.
    and now this weird standalone box with weak atom chip.

We all know how hungry N.I. plugins are.
    this is probably not what you want.
    Don't buy. looks like abandon ware in 6 month.

ppl tell me they love the workflow
    pff the chasing light of the stepper doesnt even work in the right direction
    no thx.

Interesting, abandon in 6 months huh. That’s some outta no where prediction. I guess you must have insider info :D