Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS MASCHINE+ STANDALONE GROOVEBOX !!

Comments

• @kinkujin I don't KNOW know anything but as @auxmux said, people have been asking for a standalone.
    When you think about it, many people use the Maschine and MPC and then throw their project into Live. So I think there's an opportunity for Ableton to make that workflow more seamless by making a standalone unit. I only ever had 45 seconds with a Push device but it never was compelling enough to buy. I wish they did what the MPC and Maschine did; having Audio and MIDI I/O. So there's a lot of headroom for Ableton to go hard with a new release.

I suspect... (puts on tin foil hat) that there was an agreement between Akai (the makers of the Push) and Ableton which allowed Akai to release the FORCE as a kinda test. Hence why they don't market the FORCE as hard (I think the FORCE is actually better than the two lower MPCs). Then Ableton will once again use AKAI to manufacture an Ableton-designed standalone device which will be a FORCE/Push on cocaine. But that's my crazy theory.

@GovernorSilver I think migration of workers happened because NI layed off a bunch of folks some time ago (is it over a year already, damn).

• edited September 2020

I agree with @DatGood. Akai manufactured first push and then they had a falling out or something, and Ableton did Push 2 on their own own. It'll be probably be more cost effective for them to have Akai to do manufacturing and resource overhead for their next hardware. Push 2 is getting up there in terms of hardware cycles. NI refreshes / adds something every 2-4 years.

• Lol so many theories so totally wrong. 😅

• edited September 2020

@DatGood said:
    @GovernorSilver I think migration of workers happened because NI layed off a bunch of folks some time ago (is it over a year already, damn).

Yeah, I think that's part of the story i heard. NI supposedly started working on a standalone Maschine, then cancelled the project, then laid off the bunch of folks.... and now here it is

• @Tarekith said:
    Lol so many theories so totally wrong. 😅

Hey, I did warn ya'll that I'm wearing my tin foil hat today. Lol

• edited September 2020

@Tarekith said:
    Lol so many theories so totally wrong. 😅

Agreed, care to spill some beans? :)

My crazy theory
    Push by AKAI was nowhere near in terms of build quality compared to their own (push2) which was the reason to switch. I had 0 confidence in AKAI for many years. Their latest stuff seems to follow at least user demands but only time will tell how future proof these things are. Never owned hardware from NI.
    To me both of these seem underpowered. Simply putting an audio/midi interface won't cut it. While NI and AKAI both building up a DAW like environment from ground up, Live comes as a DAW that will likely need many features dropped. I'm not sure if I'd exchange my push2 for a bigger, heavier, still likely underpowered and stripped down in functionality standalone version.

• @0tolerance4silence said:

Obviously as an Ableton employee I can neither confirm nor deny our plans going forward. I am sworn to secrecy 😉

But I will say some of the theories I see online regarding Push or our relationship with Akai or NI are not... accurate. :smiley:

• @Tarekith said:

@0tolerance4silence said:

Obviously as an Ableton employee I can neither confirm nor deny our plans going forward. I am sworn to secrecy 😉

But I will say some of the theories I see online regarding Push or our relationship with Akai or NI are not... accurate. :smiley:

People make up crazy theories for fun. 😂😂😂

• The only thing about an Ableton-NI relationship that was brought up was employees moving from one company to another.

• @Tarekith said:

@0tolerance4silence said:

Oh... I didn't know you were that deep in it, sorry :)

• @GovernorSilver said:
    The only thing about an Ableton-NI relationship that was brought up was employees moving from one company to another.

I don't mean just this forum, we see all kinds of funny rumors online. :)

• Writes in notepad...
    " ...so @Tarekith is an insider "

• Nevertheless, I am just happy NI is in the game, I don't think it will be a flop, it's great for Akai to have competition... but I'm not buy it. I'll wait and hope for the Ableton standalone.

• edited September 2020

Unboxing and setup+ more video:

• Ok so who wants to trade me their Push 2? ☺️

• He did a pretty decent job. I like his review.

• edited September 2020

Hmmm, interesting.

This is too far out of my price range at 2K Canadian but seeing that video does get me interested in the MK3, which I know very little about. With the MK3 could one get by with a really long USB cable and essentially ignore their desktop for a few hours while being able to work on (loading/saving) multiple songs just via the hardware?

(Edit: Just saw a vid where someone adjusted the quantize setting on desktop and then executed it via the MK3... nevermind)

• edited September 2020

@WillieNegus said:

@AudioGus said:
    Hmmm, interesting.

This is too far out of my price range at 2K Canadian but seeing that video does get me interested in the MK3, which I know very little about. With the MK3 could one get by with a really long USB cable and essentially ignore their desktop for a few hours while being able to work on (loading/saving) multiple songs just via the hardware?

I do it all of the time. Also, the weight of this + a power bank is more than my Mk3 with my new MBP so it isn’t anymore mobile than my rig. Highly recommend MK3 especially now that they are listed used in my area for $350

From watching videos now I just get this feeling I would have to use the desktop side intermittently which would be annoying. As I mentioned in the edit it looked like quantize settings were only on the desktop side and I can just imagine a bunch of gotchas.

(PS. new here is $930, used is $700)

• @AudioGus said:
    From watching videos now I just get this feeling I would have to use the desktop side intermittently which would be annoying. As I mentioned in the edit it looked like quantize settings were only on the desktop side and I can just imagine a bunch of gotchas.

Nah, Maschine was designed to be run pretty much 100% from the hardware, it really is meant to be a groovebox just powered by the computer. I think the only thing you can't do from the controller is name things and change the colors of some things like groups and pads. In fact, I think that last one might have even been added in one of the sorta recent updates, I haven't broken out the MK3 since the 707 came out.

But it's really impressive, I wrote, edited, and performed an entire live set (a few in fact now that I think of it) all from just the hardware. Especially on the MK3 hardware, it's really easy to navigate and quantize things from it.

• The industrial design is impressive, and I’m glad there’s another sampler / studio center on the market. Presumably this will be able to play Kontakt instruments (in some form).

But as the brain of a hardware setup... I just can’t look past it’s single stereo out. My MPC1000 has 6 outs, and that’s from 2003. The MPC Live has just as many outputs (+CV 🤘🏻). Unless an audio interface can be connected via one of the USB host ports for more inputs, I can’t willfully support such crippled ‘pro’ gear.

Not to be a total negative Nancy, but it seems like unless you’re just using M+ to sequence external instruments, there’s gonna be a need to ‘finish the project on the desktop’ to get the most out of its internal instruments and samples. Kinda defeats the purpose of standalone for me. We all got different use cases and workflows though, so I suppose this is just what some people are looking for, especially if they’re already NI users.

• A different perspective...

• @DMfan very good video, now cannot disagree with that guy, very good reasoning !

• If we’re talking about a ‘rear perspective’ I’d be curious which ya’ll find sexier

• @WillieNegus said:
    Who am I kidding? I’m finna get this mf mang.🤦🏽‍♂️

Just rocked out with my Live II and it’s dope but I’m sick of no mic or instrument input and quite frankly I’m just all in on Maschine workflow now so there’s no reason for me not too. $1399 is 2 midfield seats at the Giants game. No fans this year so fuck it. I deserve to be happy.

PS5 + Maschine+ sounds like a good Thanksgiving celebration. 2020 owes me anyway 😤😭

Who wants to buy a newish MK3? I’ll throw in a Jam and make the price all sexy like.

LMAO!!! I was reading your post and thought nahhhh he's gonna get it. They both got similar mic input tho. Not phantom power but id you already have NI interface you can hook it up in maschine+ for more input/output. Can't do that with Akai but I think now it will be possible soon. They will add it. Good times. I have the mpc X and thinking about getting the plus. My MK3 is still here tho. Il

• I like the back of NI more, but she seems like a 'heeey, don't you dare to go in there' type... and that always breaks my heart
    /sorry 😇

• edited September 2020

@WillieNegus said:

@hansjbs said:

@WillieNegus said:

Just rocked out with my Live II and it’s dope but I’m sick of no mic or instrument input and quite frankly I’m just all in on Maschine workflow now so there’s no reason for me not too. $1399 is 2 midfield seats at the Giants game. No fans this year so fuck it. I deserve to be happy.

PS5 + Maschine+ sounds like a good Thanksgiving celebration. 2020 owes me anyway 😤😭

Who wants to buy a newish MK3? I’ll throw in a Jam and make the price all sexy like.

LMAO!!! I was reading your post and thought nahhhh he's gonna get it. They both got similar mic input tho. Not phantom power but id you already have NI interface you can hook it up in maschine+ for more input/output. Can't do that with Akai but I think now it will be possible soon. They will add it. Good times. I have the mpc X and thinking about getting the plus. My MK3 is still here tho. Il

Yeah Id already have the outs and phantom covered for + with my NI A6. Definitely good times. I actually ended up spending the rest of last night realizing how much I missed the XY, touch piano roll, mute groups and splice integration.😩😂 First world issues right? We’re so spoiled. Truth is I should be getting more done with what I already have.

I think all the surplus of resources from gas, eating out, travel savings has me itching to spend.lol.

Ohhh I definitely understand. We’re definitely spoiled.

Good thing is this year my work is letting us transfer up to 40hrs of vacation for next year. So now I have some weeks I need to figure out what to do with this year.

• @WillieNegus said:

@hansjbs said:

@WillieNegus said:

@hansjbs said:

@WillieNegus said:

Yeah Id already have the outs and phantom covered for + with my NI A6. Definitely good times. I actually ended up spending the rest of last night realizing how much I missed the XY, touch piano roll, mute groups and splice integration.😩😂 First world issues right? We’re so spoiled. Truth is I should be getting more done with what I already have.

I think all the surplus of resources from gas, eating out, travel savings has me itching to spend.lol.

Ohhh I definitely understand. We’re definitely spoiled.

Good thing is this year my work is letting us transfer up to 40hrs of vacation for next year. So now I have some weeks I need to figure out what to do with this year.

Well, if you’re by Broward, maybe we should link up and connect all this gear together like Voltron and create something 🤷🏽‍♂️. LMK. I “work” from home if you want to call it that. Really, I wake up go riding, workout, take a few calls then sit around buying shit online all day.lmao

Yeah we definitely can do that. I’m in Brevard county. I have family in broward.
    I know what you, I work from home right now and the joke around my house is I don’t do anything since I’ve been working from home 😂😂😂😂 but this week I will have to go to the lab for a BOEING update that needs testing.

• Stimming cracks me up with his gestures when he plays... and his subtle slights when he's shitting on a feature. Lol.
    Always enjoy his reviews.

• The Mk3 is all I need. It was a good price at the time. Didn't waste The Big Christmas Present on it. I love the MK3. The Mk3 is all I need. It was a good price at the time. Didn't waste The Big Christmas Present on it. I love the MK3. The Mk3 is all I need. It was a good price at the time. Didn't waste The Big Christmas Present on it. I love the MK3. The Mk3 is all I need. It was a good price at the time. Didn't waste The Big Christmas Present on it. I love the MK3.....

/ad nauseum.