Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS MASCHINE+ STANDALONE GROOVEBOX !!

Comments

• @PsyKology said:
    Nice (but expensive).
    I would prefer them to make the Mk3 IOS compatible, so you can use it with an Ipad as opposed to a laptop.

+1

• edited September 2020

@echoopera said:
    Peter Kirn says he thinks it’s an ARM based processor running Linux fwiw @Turntablist Have a look at Comments section on his CDM Site. He seems to be in Contact with the NI Product team and will have a unit soon.

Can’t wait fir the Loopop and AccurateBeats video.

No , it’s Atom based (and guessing on latest Atoms) ,slower than a surface go cpu
    But on the NI video I see the cpu meter constantly above 50% for very few instruments.
    It reminds me of the underpowered VMachine era
    On a surface pro go

One sample based drum
    Four Massives
    Two Monarks
    One Prism

So expect less

PS. Totally speculative
    PS2. For the price I expected a Komplete 13 bundle at least .

• Same things were said about akai mpc X/ live and one. A lot of you guys were making music with iPads less powerful than this. Some still do til this day. Who cares, the MPCs are great as is and this will be too to some. The standalone aspect in this and being the first product like that is what's interesting. Gotta start somewhere. I welcome this product and if I do get it i will use it just like i use my MPC X.

• I imagine this will be better than the doomsayers are predicting simply because it’s a big investment for the company if it tanks.
    Ok it’s not impossible for them to screw it up but they are late to the game and should have inspected the competition to give themselves and idea of what the baseline people will expect.

• This product exists to open another market area for NI‘s portfolio - and for nothing else ;)

• Seems a bit underpowered?

• edited September 2020

Looks like we’ll be getting a Stimming review on Tuesday. Looking forward to that.

Really great to see these stand alone devices coming to market. I love my OctaTrack and MPC One and welcome the new kids on the block 😬

• edited September 2020

Makes sense why it’d be x86 ... It’d be a huge undertaking to port all the synths, effects and the Maschine DAW itself to ARM.

It’s not something I’d want to be a first generation adopter .. but if this is successful, 2 or 3 generations of CPU upgrades could make it a tempting platform. Possible VST3 support in the future in a portable workhorse would be amazing.

• edited September 2020

I believe Peter Kirn's statements that it's ARM-based since he's the one in direct contact with NI people. I see no reason why they would use Atom, then lie to him about using ARM.

His comments on the CDM article:
    "figure it is a customized embedded Linux, running on a quad core ARM of some kind. Exact ARM specs I don't know."

"quad-core ARM, afaik, not x86.

Boot time is basically instantaneous from what I saw in the demo. I'll have hands-on impressions in a few days"

This is a bummer:
    "But you can’t yet run Reaktor patches or Reaktor Blocks on Maschine+, which I’m sure is something people are dreaming of."

This is cool:
    "As I understand it, you can use custom FM8 patches"

https://cdm.link/2020/09/maschine-standalone-is-here-official-details/

• edited September 2020

@WillieNegus said:

@hansjbs said:
    Same things were said about akai mpc X/ live and one. A lot of you guys were making music with iPads less powerful than this. Some still do til this day. Who cares, the MPCs are great as is and this will be too to some. The standalone aspect in this and being the first product like that is what's interesting. Gotta start somewhere. I welcome this product and if I do get it i will use it just like i use my MPC X.

What’s up bro! How you liking FL? Hope all is well.

I agree, so many arm chair engineers and their naysay.lol I’m so sure a world renowned company who makes world class instruments for world class pros is gonna release a brand new underpowered product to a market whose been anticipating it for years 🙄😭🤦🏽‍♂️.

Like who compares processing power between devices that run complicated OSes, processes and tasks to a focused device that does one thing anyway? That’s like comparing the engine in a 1970 Mustang to a new sit down mower and bitching about the mower being underpowered. That’s....dumb.lol

At any rate, not interested in this device but I’m excited to see so many developments. Also know this will be a hit for them which means more resources for development. They’ve already been crushing it this year despite covid so I can only imagine what’s to come in ‘21.

Yessir!!! Things are good here. Loving Florida so far bro. I should have made the move long ago but it's all good, i do miss NY a little.

Bro, that's exactly what I wanted to say but I've done it already elsewhere so I didn't feel like saying the same here. A lot of people don't understand the process of releasing products which is cool, Not knowing is ok but making statements about Something most don't have yet and have no clue of the process to get the product ready is crazy. Wait for reviews from people you trust. Like I said people said the same about the new standalone MPCs and they perform great even with the low specs that people say they have.

• ARM would be a huge sigh of relief. No x86 please.

• @WillieNegus said:
    Couldn’t agree more @hansjbs Also, glad to hear Fla is treating you well.💪🏽

From NY to FL sounds good soon ... weather-wise. How's the redneck factor? I got enough of that right here. :|

• @kinkujin said:

@WillieNegus said:

From NY to FL sounds good soon ... weather-wise. How's the redneck factor? I got enough of that right here. :|

I try to ignore some redneck, they’re not all bad. I tried paintball with a bunch of them. myself and my 2 friends were the only black people there, we had fun. They were some nice people. It’s not easy to ignore the ignorant ones but I do it.

• @WillieNegus said:

Yeah I’m getting the hang of it. Things move a lot slower here than I thought but helps with family time . One of the reasons I made the move. Got tired of fast life, no time for family and pay bills BS.

• Looks like we have a few reviews coming in soon from Accurate beats, Uncle knock, DDS and others. Will get to see some honest reviews. Hopefully they showcase what this thing can do more than making music with it. I know some will explore every aspect of it. Can’t wait.

• I read the comments mentioning it’s ARM based ,but I insist that is an Atom

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpost.php?p=14959109&postcount=17

It makes sense for NI not spending $$$ for porting to ARM , plus Atoms are garbage now and very cheap .

• An Atom processor. Is an iPad more powerful?

• Not a very revealing video...but hey, FIRST! :)

• He says its fast and responsive. Seems promising enough.

• Yeah. He’s a pro at Maschine so I’m looking forward to his and Stimmings video...

• edited September 2020

@cyberheater said:
    An Atom processor. Is an iPad more powerful?

Yes. Recent A-series is substantially more powerful than Atom. It’s supposedly equal to the low-to-mid range consumer intel laptop cpus.

I wish Apple would license their silicon for use in devices outside of their market sphere. A-series are nearly twice as fast and efficient as Qualcomm and other current gen ARM designs. Would be incredible in a device like Maschine.

• If it's Atom, I won't buy it. I have an Intel computer, don't need another.

• edited September 2020

It is Atom, a 2018 SOC. (Two NI employees confirmed on GS)
    Accurates video is just a beta video and he didn't do anything demanding, non of the videos have done anything demanding so far, they should do the Hang solo test.

• Hopefully next video will test the cpu limits . I don’t understand why NI didn’t prefer the pentium N4100 or N5000 series which are descent on raw power and low TDP (way better than the atom)

• I'm not passing judgement until proper video reviews. I'm just happy NI is out the gate and there's competition for Akai.

But if I'm gonna be really honest, all I have to say is...

"YOUR MOVE NOW, ABLETON!!"

• @DatGood said:
    I'm not passing judgement until proper video reviews. I'm just happy NI is out the gate and there's competition for Akai.

But if I'm gonna be really honest, all I have to say is...

"YOUR MOVE NOW, ABLETON!!"

Heya @DatGood - what do you mean by the above? Is Ableton coming out with a new Push? Funny but I've noticed prices on the Push 2 (which I would really love) seem to be dropping on ebay (this is purely anecdotal on my part) ).

• edited September 2020

Someone mentioned elsewhere there was a mass migration of employees from NI to Ableton about a year ago. This alone doesn't convince me that Ableton is working on a standalone hardware product, but I can see why some people would cling to this as a sign of hope.

I personally don't care if Ableton goes standalone. Just speculating why some people think it's going to happen.

• Everybody is going standalone and people have been asking for standalone Push since it came out. It is inevitable at the point, just when is the question.

I have a Push 1 but dislike it's aesthetic and UX choices, like the knobs above the screen. Why???? At least Maschine always got this right. This wasn't fixed in Push 2, so we'll see. Akai Force is basically Push 3 visually and functionally, so Ableton needs to break the mould from a hardware perspective imo.