Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS MASCHINE+ STANDALONE GROOVEBOX !!

Comments

• ...huh... ...erf?

• That is a lot of money. Two MPC Ones money. I’d been looking into DAWless down the line, something to replicate/complement my IPad sofa jams. At that price, this is not the droid I’m looking for.

• Been dreaming of this for years!!! Glad I held off on upgrading my MK2. Might have to be b-day gift to me, lol, so need to wait a few months and wait for reviews. 😆

• @Svetlovska said:
    That is a lot of money. Two MPC Ones money. I’d been looking into DAWless down the line, something to replicate/complement my IPad sofa jams. At that price, this is not the droid I’m looking for.

Yeah, I agree it’s more expensive than the MPC Live 2. However, I look at the specs and the software included (Massive). Im interested in how they will work their other controllers / keyboard into this computer less system. Could be something interesting for others to follow (Akai).

• If you have all the software you should be able to just buy the equipment for cheaper I think😜

• if it has a synth engine it could be worth that price

• @stormywaterz said:
    If you have all the software you should be able to just buy the equipment for cheaper I think😜

True, I do own all the software already, so a discount for upgrading to hardware would be nice, but doubtful.

• Might be interested if they drop a smaller one. I’m spoiled by blackbox portability but an onboard synth In a sampling groove box is always on point

• Will they release it as an app? ..... in time for Christmas maybe? I would go up to £25 😃..... hold on will it be as good and be able to do as much as Drambo? ..... there’s nothing it can’t do I’ve heard 🤔

• edited September 2020

Hmmm , I wonder if the CPU is ARM based
    Edit : Sadly ,Intel based (on Linux OS) . Well maybe when Apple releases the ARM macs ,NI will port Maschine .

• edited September 2020

This makes me want to finally get off my a** and learn the inner workings of my MKIII.
    That's alot of quatloos....

I could watch this reviewer talk about anything all day.

• edited September 2020

NM

• @Tarekith said:
    Looks like the link was removed. How much is it?

1400$ , which is super expensive , but still hardcore NI users will buy it .
    Some info:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/1324716-new-ni-maschine-standalone.html

• Previosly we couldn't afford MPC and tried Maschine. Now we can't afford even new Maschine.

• As an MK3 user I'm just hoping this gives the software side a boost with more composing features. The clip functionality looks interesting.

• @daytwa said:
    As an MK3 user I'm just hoping this gives the software side a boost with more composing features. The clip functionality looks interesting.

Software update for the Maschine platform is in the works. Hope it is soon!

• edited September 2020

My only concern is how limited it will be compared to running the MK3 on my MBP. I can throw a LOT of high quality instruments and effects into a project right now.

• edited September 2020

• edited September 2020

For me, it would not make sense. One usb cable to the computer doesn't bother me as I'm not a live player. But I'm glad they are moving ahead with this and that they are listening to the market.

• edited September 2020

@kinkujin said:
    For me, it would not make sense. One usb cable to the computer doesn't bother me as I'm not a live player. But I'm glad they are moving ahead with this and that they are listening to the market.

Still screaming for an iMaschine update..

• edited September 2020

Just having a browse at it - looks fantastic - but it is expensive for most.
    Expansion packs are a hefty £44 or about $60 as well.
    I wonder how it will compare to a MC707 sound wise.

• Expansions are cheap if you get Komplete which I have already. Better to buy in bulk than individually. I love that MC707 has faders but I'm hoping I can plugin my Maschine Jam or another midi controller into one of the USB ports for fader action on Maschine+.

• I'm not an ITB person at all so this might interest me, since it's supposed to be able to run FM8 and Reaktor standalone.

• Hmmm wonder how many of those plugs it can run at once? 4 gig of ram is kinda low for native instrument libraries. Gonna wait on this one for a minute and see what happens.

• This wont run much of the built in synths, it is Atom based, the fastest current quad Atom is about the same speed as a 2011 i5 Macbook, the Atom in this is a 2018, so is likely to be somewhere between a 2009 core 2 duo and that 2011, that is not going to be a vast amount in terms of running things either way, 2011 i5 MBP struggled with Maschine.
    There is definitely a smell of desperation and lack of forethought to this design too, not porting to ARM and going that route to hit two birds with one stone (Yes they knew that Apple were moving to ARM in 2018)

If they had any sense whatsoever they would have just ported to ARM and had the MK3 run with iOS, by product of that being MacOS support, yes that is a simplified outlook, but it is real too.
    Native Instruments have no real grasp on the market or their own community anymore, that's why the rats are leaving the sinking ship and the left overs are selling off assets.

• Atom processor? Ewww. My interest went down a lot...price should be closer to $899 for that.

• Peter Kirn says he thinks it’s an ARM based processor running Linux fwiw @Turntablist Have a look at Comments section on his CDM Site. He seems to be in Contact with the NI Product team and will have a unit soon.

Can’t wait fir the Loopop and AccurateBeats video.

• Nice (but expensive).
    I would prefer them to make the Mk3 IOS compatible, so you can use it with an Ipad as opposed to a laptop.