Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Iconnectivity - Issues with the IconnectMidi2+

This is a Discussion on issues that people have encounterred with Iconnectivity's ICM2+

Comments

• @amarmash I just picked up one of these having watched the Hooderness Media video of Audio Pass Through working and unfortunately I'm having the same power issue as you. When I connect my iPad Air I get the dreaded USB device requires too much power message. I have updated all drivers and tried both a powered hub and my Airbook as main power sources for the device but no joy.

I have raised a ticket on iCM's site and will see what they come up with but it's not a good issue for a unit aimed at iOS users to suffer straight out of the box..!

• Having a powered USB hub really should fix the problem, I had the same issue until I got a proper hub.

• Hi Skipp,

In my time using this device i have encountered 2 msgs on the Ipad.

1. the Device requires too much power msg
    2. this device is not compatible msg.

3. Question for you - When you receive the Power msg, Is your PC / Mac on standby more / Screensaver ? I have noticed that when my PC goes into standby i lose connectivity with the Ipad and i get the power msg. When i take the PC off standby and reconnect the Ipad mini it works.

Now when i use the ICM2+ with an Ipad Mini lightning connecter, the device works alright (still a bit glitchy with audio drop out but i am trying to work with the asio4All buffer size.) When used with the Ipad 4th Gen i straight away get the msg "the device is not Compatible" Do you grt the same msg.

1. Question - Do you get the same compatibility msg when using the Ipad Air ?
  • @Genius
    Have you encountered a Device not supported msg on your Ipad ? ( i have encountered it on an Ipad 4 - 2 of them brand new)

Cound the device not supported issue be due to lack of power ?

thanks

Amar

• @Skipp,

In my time using this device i have encountered 2 msgs on the Ipad.
    1.the Device requires too much power msg
    this device is not compatible msg.

Question for you - When you receive the Power msg, Is your PC / Mac on standby more / Screensaver ? I have noticed that when my PC goes into standby i lose connectivity with the Ipad and i get the power msg. When i take the PC off standby and reconnect the Ipad mini it works.

Now when i use the ICM2+ with an Ipad Mini lightning connecter, the device works alright (still a bit glitchy with audio drop out but i am trying to work with the asio4All buffer size.) When used with the Ipad 4th Gen i straight away get the msg "the device is not Compatible" Do you grt the same msg.
    1.Question - Do you get the same compatibility msg when using the Ipad Air ?

• @Genius

Have you encountered the Iconfig Application to crash when opened on a PC ?

I am unable to run the Application on my PC. as soon as i open the program it crashes without even conducting its innitial search.

• @amarmash I'm using a powered hub. My MacBook Air is up and running Live. I can access the iCM2+ from Live. Unfortunately as soon as I add my iPad Air or iPhone 5 I get the too much power message. I haven't suffered any other errors as I can't get passed this one :)

I've tried using the cable that came with Push to see if its a cable quality issue but it didn't change anything.

• @Skipp

Have you upgraded the firmware on the device ?

you can open a support case with Iconnectivity. I have done so for my issue. I will be calling them tonight as i am in Australia.

Please do inform us when you get to the bottom of your issue. :)

Many thanks

Amar

• @Skipp

Seems like the ICM2+ is not working with Ipad 4 and up.

• I have this happen periodically on Mini, and unplug replug fixes it

• I haven't had time to read this thread closely but are you using a real Apple cck? The third party ones often don't work.

• @amarmash As I noted in my original reply I have upgraded to the most recent drivers and raised a ticket with iCM support. I'll let you know if I get a meaningful response.

@yowza the iCM2+ doesn't use the CCK. It comes with a proprietary cable, in my case for an old iPhone/iPad connector. I've used a quality USB cable connected to an Apple USB to modern iPhone/iPad connector. This is the same cable I use to connect my iPad Air to all my USB peripherals without a problem.

• @JC_vt said:

I have this happen periodically on Mini, and unplug replug fixes it

Me too, on iPhone 5s. Happens when I switch apps, and on first use, but unplugging fixes it every time.
    And yes, official Apple adapters.

• @Zymos
    Are you connecting the ICM2+ to a Powered USB Hub or to the optional Power supply ?
    @JC_vt - Same question to you.

Just an FYI i was at the Apply store and tested the ICM2+ on brand new just out of the box Ipad4's and the "this device is not supported" error is continous and very consisting each time it is plugged in.

• No hub or power supply here.

• @Zymos
    thats strange however the Iphone's do require less power than the Ipad 4 and up.
    this is what the Techs at the Apple store informed me of.
    they beleive its a power issue.

• I'll be interested to hear iConnectivity's response to this issue.I've been pretty impressed with their tech support, hopefully then can help you out.

• I had a similar issue with a brand new out of the box ICM2+ and my iPad air, it turned out to be the cables, both of them, which is odd. They sent me a new 30 pin to female USB and it works now without issues.

• @amarmash (Sorry for the cross-post from the other thread on this folks, but in case you haven't been monitoring both). I have used this with an iPhone 4S, an iPad 1, an iPad 3 and an iPad mini with all but the iPad 1 running iOS 7.1 with no problems and no need for any hub and bus powered from a Mac as well as with the external PSU. Make sure you have the latest updated firmware in the iCM2+. Make sure the cable is well plugged in. If you continue to have problems, speak again to the good folks at iConnectivity and see if they have any further suggestions.

There may indeed be some cable issues, and that should be addressed if you check with iConnectivity support. :-)

• @MusicInclusive
    Many thanks for letting me know.
    Have you tried using the ICM2+ with an Ipad 4 and Air using USB buss power from the Computer ?

• @distraub
    What was the error msg you were receiving on your Ipad when connecting to the ICM2+ via the lightning adapter ?

• I do not have an Air or a 4 @amarmash - so I can't say either way.

• @MusicInclusive ok.
    I do beleive there is a compatibility issue with maybe some Ipad 4's and Air. I know that sounds strange that there would be with some and not others, however i tested with my Ipad 4 and a brand new out of the box ipad 4 as well. Get the error msg straight away - Device is not supported.
    ICM2+ is upgraded to the latest firmware. Brand new device with brand new cables. Infact i have tested with 2 ICM2+ devices. - same issue.

I have also replaced the lightning adapter as well. the ICM2+ unit that does not work with the Ipad4 however works with the Ipad mini so that rules out faulty cables.

• edited April 2014

Ok, I have managed to resolve my issue and it was cable based. I bought an Apple 30 pin to lightning connector yesterday and using this with the 30 pin to USB B cable supplied along with the iCM2+. This worked straight away and I have been able to get it running without the dreaded error message and have got audio through working successfully.

@amarmash So at least this proves that it's not fundamentally broken with iPad Air or the lightning connector.

Given that I was using good quality cables makes me wonder what happens if I ever need to find a replacement (the additional £25 for the adaptor wasn't ideal either)

At least I'm happy it's working and I'll now be able to use all my Synths and effects in Live...and just in time for AB2 :)

• @Skipp
    Well, good to hear thats its working with your Ipad Air. All the more reason to get an Ipad Air :)
    Are you using the ICM2+ power supply or a USB powered Hub ?

It is still not working with my Ipad 4 :(

• i seem to be having the same problem. iPad 4 running iOS 7.1 with Apple Lightning adapter and MacBook Pro. upgraded ICM2+ to 1.0.6 firmware and i just keep getting device is not supported with the power msg occasionally. still no word from connectivity @amarmash? i saw your posts on their Facebook page from a couple of days ago.

• @amarmash I'm using a powered hub.

@matt are you using the cable that came with the device with an Apple converter to change to lightning connector or are you using a third party cable?

• @skipp Good question.

@matt - Please can you tell me your Ipad 4 model No.
    If you go to General, scroll down to Model you will see a corresponding number there.

I have done testing and ity works on certain ipad 4's and not others.

I have tested in on Model MD525X/A and it works on that model
    It does not work on MD527X/A

Could be to do with Apple's Hardware Revision if that means anything at all.

Please advise your model no.

thanks

Amar

• @skipp I'm using the cable that came with it with the apple adapter

@amarmash MD511LL/A

• @matt
    thanks for the information. It does not match the model code i have however I have exactly the same issue.
    Whats the capacity of your Ipad 4 ? is it 64 GB ?

thanks
    Amar