Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

HypnoMan / East Meets iOuest

edited September 2020 in Creations

@hypnopad and myself have been collaborating thanks to the Forum Collab thread. Like most prior efforts to encourage the benefits of music creation, collaboration is pretty meh (what does that mean?) for most. But, as in most sexual conquests, victories come one hump at a time.

I repost our efforts here to perhaps lure a few more adventurous souls to the informative process of working with another (ick) human being. After all, we point fingers and push on a glass screen for hours and days, but the pathetic thing can never push back. Pick on somebody your own size for a change,😜😳🤔😉

LinearLineman...

Hypnopad....

Comments

• @hypnopad wrote that this collab is based on the first 16 notes of "Evangeline".
    How did you guys approach this? I know @hypnopad likes to enter notes into a
    sequencing app for his drum controllers.

• I believe he meant first 16 chords, @McD. @hypnopad did a great job slicing the chords into a particular bpm from my free form track. Then, in my version, he added some additional higher pitched tracks. I then added the drums and guitar.

• edited September 2020

@McD Yeah I meant chords. I didn’t do any of my normal Mozaic/AUM workflow. It’s all done in Cubasisis, which was quite a change of pace for me. Linear sequencing and lots of copying and pasting. The only new midi notes I added were for the drum part- everything else was just a variation on the original midi chords. Went a bit nuts with Rozeta arp on the piano and a bit on the bass. Changed the time divide parameter almost on a per measure basis. Couldn’t figure out how to automate it in Cubasis so I had to do it manually as I recorded Cubasis into AudioShare. Added some other arps with Sunrizer/Noise/Lagrange(a Spider preset).

• @LinearLineman said:
    I believe he meant first 16 chords, @McD. @hypnopad did a great job slicing the chords into a particular bpm from my free form track.

Slicing the chords in a BPM? Do tell... I'll bet he used Ableton. Dish... how was that first step done.

I'm really liking this collab and want to know the magic potions used.

• edited September 2020

@McD Simple really. It’s all just midi. In Cubasis I just copied each free time chord from its track and pasted it to a second track on the 1 of each measure and then quantized it. Then decided on an appropriate tempo.A little tedious but no magic involved.

• Evangeline is gorgeous. Love to see collaboration, hope to collab with others in here one day as well. Three thumbs up.

• @hypnopad said:
    @McD Simple really. In Cubasis I just copied each free time chord from its track and pasted it to a second track on the 1 of each measure and then quantized it. Then decided on an appropriate tempo.A little tedious but no magic involved.

No that's magical if you live in AUM like I do. I was thinking of slicing audio but you're operating on MIDI data.

Would this trick work to take 8th notes and coerce them into a 16th note pattern? I want to keep the sequence but multiply the notes per bar... like merge 2 bars into 1 just using "cut and paste" with quantize rather than re-recording and manipulating BPM's.

• @McD Yep. Just copy from one track to another. Take it from the eighth note grid to a sixteenth. Kinda tedious . I’m sure there is a button you could press to do this in some of the high end desktop DAW’s but none that I could see in Cubasis. I’m no expert so someone who knows Cubasis better than I, feel free to prove me wrong on this.

• @hypnopad said:
    @McD Yep. Just copy from one track to another. Take it from the eighth note grid to a sixteenth. Kinda tedious . I’m sure there is a button you could press to do this in some of the high end desktop DAW’s but none that I could see in Cubasis. I’m no expert so someone who knows Cubasis better than I, feel free to prove me wrong on this.

Same here. I only use Cubasis on these collabs.