Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Save User Presets Toneboosters Enhancer etc in AU mode ?

@DJB Bit confusing UI menu. Is there a straight foward preset saving option?
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Ya. Pick a Default setting and then tweak it to your taste. Then double click on that “Default “ name and a screen will open up to name it. After you name it, it will pull up under that name as you saved it.

• @NoiseHorse said:
    Ya. Pick a Default setting and then tweak it to your taste. Then double click on that “Default “ name and a screen will open up to name it. After you name it, it will pull up under that name as you saved it.

@NoiseHorse ok thanks

• @NoiseHorse said:
    Ya. Pick a Default setting and then tweak it to your taste. Then double click on that “Default “ name and a screen will open up to name it. After you name it, it will pull up under that name as you saved it.

Is there not a way to select a preset then save it to another slot?

@DJB

• wimwim
    edited September 2020
    • Hit the little-bitty copy icon.
    • Hit the presets popup
    • Select a new slot
    • hit the little bitty paste icon.
    • (At least that's how you do it in TB Morphit.)
  • Damned if I can figure out how to get them to save though.

Such clumsy preset management is bizarrely strange when you consider the massive skills that go into the DSP and GUI of these apps.

• Same problem With Fundamental, this shit drives me insane. Are these TB apps also a JUCE port? Maybe that limits options for preset management? I've noticed that this is often a weakness in desktop ports @wim

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

I doubt it has anything to do with JUCE. I think it’s often just not a focus for developers who are into the “science-y” bits. But yes, preset management in a desktop app is less challenging. iOS sandboxing, and in particular the hoops you have to go through to get to the file system from AUs, plus Apple’s shitty AUv3 spec documentation contribute.

• OK, thanks for chipping in. Still blows my mind that apple haven't made more effort with their documentation, sounds like it causes endless headaches.

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@Gavinski said:
    OK, thanks for chipping in. Still blows my mind that apple haven't made more effort with their documentation, sounds like it causes endless headaches.

I just save presets in AUM or whatever host and move on. It’s more of a head-scratcher than a terrible inconvenience for me. But I’m a lot more casual user than many people here. Besides deal with guitar for decades, and the clumsiest iOS app is simple in comparison. :D

• One more Q about Toneboosters presets:

When you choose a preset (let’s call it preset X) and fiddle around with it (but DON”T save anything), then go and open another preset (preset Y), when you go back to X, it remembers the state you last used it in. This is very different from most if not all other apps on iOS. How do you get it to sound the same as it was before you fiddled with it? The only way I have found is to eject the TB app and reload it. There must surely be another way?

• @DJB

Would it be possible to have a
    “Save Changes. Yes/No”
    popup when changing presets?